Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Forums are about opinions and feelings. You get over enthusiastic optimism (actually not so many now :=) )  and glass half empty people. Everyone's entitled to their view and no one has monopoly on the truth. 

Personally I am one of those who worries when we should win and I'm generally hopeful against better teams. That's our club though. 

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a couple of people or even 50/50. But the first couple of pages are pretty much exclusively full of people saying how poor we are, how we will be comfortably beaten etc. They are the same people who two weeks ago were talking us up for the title etc. The fickleness of this forum just annoys me, especially when we lose a couple of games. 

• Like 1

I sense Sheffield United will sense blood re our sudden deterioration in current form and will be looking to register their first win. A pessimist is never disappointed - but I still would be if we lost this one!! 

15 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I take it you didn't watch last night's game then?

Ricardo was decent. Ndidi was getting back to normal. The whole shape of the team, and the midfield, seemingly often the case, looked flat.

We’ve not looked good recently. But those two players, in their first proper game back, in the hope they improve the others around them, are worth a watch.

Can see us going to 3 at the back again, especially with Fofana's shaky form. Not sure we can trust him in a two just yet.

Kasper

Fofana Evans Justin

Albrighton                            Thomas

Mendy    Tielemans

Under                                   Maddison

Vardy

Barnes has been poor for a few games now and Under has a little bit more creativity. Obviously Wilf and Ricardo to be on the bench. Hopefully Castagne too.

Need a win, players look completely done whenever we concede.

8 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a couple of people or even 50/50. But the first couple of pages are pretty much exclusively full of people saying how poor we are, how we will be comfortably beaten etc. They are the same people who two weeks ago were talking us up for the title etc. The fickleness of this forum just annoys me, especially when we lose a couple of games. 

It’s because of the drastic drop in form.... it is literally an identical pattern to last season, get schooled by Liverpool and the players all of a sudden look shot of any confidence. 

We’re not “poor” but we’re incredibly soft and easy to beat wen we’re on a slump. Our form was a disaster towards the back ends of last season, all we needed to do was to put together mediocre form and we would have finished in a CL place and we couldn’t even manage that. 

The worry is we will do it again, only this time there’s a lot further to fall. The worry is we’re losing to shit teams, it’s not like Fulham outplayed us, we set ourselves up to fail and crumbled. Lose at the weekend, which could well happen given how easily we fold under pressure, and it would be hard to argue we were not on a wobble again.

I want us to go there and batter them, get the confidence back and then start playing with some vigour again, which I know we can do, but constant formation and personnel changes doesn’t really fill me with confidence. Perhaps we’re starting to feel the impact of having so many first team players out through injury and the congested fixture list? I’d rather us be brave and lose trying to win a game, opposed to playing a defensive formation against second bottom and ****ing it up.

Did get a funny feeling last weekend when Sheff Utd lost again and the post match interviews were so flat that they can't get any worse, that they'll have a sort out amongst themselves, they're professionals and have their pride and whoever they play next will get a very different kind of game :chant:. Then realised it's us :dunno:. But if we do the things we're good at we surely have too much for them to handle, particularly at the (their) back, it could be they'll base everything on stopping Vardy so it could be time for a wildcard like a goal from Under or even two up top, or who knows, shove on Perez and say show us what you've got, just a threat from someone other than Vardy or Barnes. Worse case scenario a dour 0-0, hoping for a professional performance and a solid 2-0, on it from first minute to last and with more than three players on the pitch capable of offering a goal threat.

If something isn’t going right - go left.

Attacking wise we need to change something, we’ve created the lowest chances in the league and despite a lot of the posts on here we do have some good attacking options.

Maddison is wasted wide, needs to be central.

If we are persisting with Barnes I’d try him on the right or at least give the wingers freedom to switch.

Under looks good in bursts but at the moment I’d use him from the bench as game begins to get stretched.

Perez must have done something seriously wrong to be frozen out this badly. Give him another go. 

Whoever plays behind Vardy/Kel they have to get closer. They have been left too isolated.

Defensively ditch the back three and trust JJ and Thomas at fullback until Ricardo and Castagne are fully fit. Fofana and Evans could be a good combo and will have Wilf back in front protecting.

Things aren’t that bad but a fresh approach could give us our swagger back 

9 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Well dont read the posts then, some of what people post is annoying granted, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, I for one am all for putting my thoughts on here after a good or bad game it's a way off seeing if others have noticed what you thought, and keeping perspective, i said it all along if we play well and draw or loose I'd be happy so long as we play well Fulham and last night we didnt and we need to analyse why, a lack of motivation seems to be an occurring thought, unless you thought we played excellent with loads of motivation against Fulham and last nights game?