Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do we need a left back? Justin, Thomas, Fuchs all available

None of which are first choice in that position, and our first choice might be out for a while? 

It wouldn't be the first place i'd strengthen, but if Castagne is out long term i'd like us to at least look for a more experienced loan there!

20 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Kasper

Justin

Fuchs

Evans

Fofana

Albrighton

Mendy

Tielemans

Gray (can't do any worse) 

Vardy

Under

is gray in the 25 otherwise i'd let Perez have a run out but this team is near enougth exactly what i'd play

Maddison stays dropped for me he has put two awful league performances on the trot. like maddison but he simply has to do better

Edited by twister

20 hours ago, Tuna said:

Must Win.

I am really struggling to see how we are going to efficiently get out of 2nd gear. it has been the sane trend after losing to Liverpool on Boxing Day and a repeat is happening. we do not create enough chances across the face of goal and our build up play is alarmingly slow. Sunday worries me immensely, I mean, just look out chances created and converted from open play. How many corners have we failed to create anything from? Are we working on this enough in training? when we play well it is a delight to watch and always a pleasure and never a choir but this Sunday worries me sick. 

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep probably. We were linked with a porto left back just before the Liverpool game too.

I think there's nothing wrong with us signing a left back to be honest.

If we do...

- Thomas goes out on loan

- That player rotates with Castagne

- Justin rotates with Ricardo

- Succession planning in place for when Ricardo leaves in the summer

• Like 1

Two weeks ago everyone was happy and predicting a Liverpool win.

Now its all doom and gloom with hardly anyone predicting a win.

I think the players are fed up playing so defensive and passing back sideways back etc.

Rogers has no plan B and if this carries on for much longer we will tumble down the

league with so many teams being bunched together.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ricardo news is terrible.

I think with them being out for so long even a little tweak elsewhere is possible due to muscles that are not being used in preparation for a game .. looks like Justin and Thomas in thee LB and RB positions we are extremely light at the back Evans is one bad fall away from being out as well

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

kasper

justin evans fofana thomas

mendy tielemans 

under ayoze barnes

vardy

maddison really shouldnt start, has been quite poor and i reckon perez could do a good job against these lot. i like maddison, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt been great lately. might need a rest 

Like that. Might just go for Madders instead of Barnes to start. Harvey’s played a lot of football this season, not all of it successfully.

Wilf in back 3 for as long as is safe ...  Perez to get a start ...  Barnes to come on later when the blades are knackered and might just score if he can get a shot on target ...   

Overall very confident with this one ...   but if they all fade and roll over we are fvcked !! 

• Like 1

I am considering not bothering with this game. It's just frustrating watching us at the minute, really boring. It will be the inevitable awful 0-0 first half followed by Sheff Utd taking the lead with some luck and us then getting a 1-1 at best.

For the benefit of my family, I will avoid getting annoyed watching the match and then being grumpy for the rest of the night.

It's hard to watch us after seeing what we are capable of. There have been glimpses this season but the Liverpool match seems to have sucked everything out of us again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am considering not bothering with this game. It's just frustrating watching us at the minute, really boring. It will be the inevitable awful 0-0 first half followed by Sheff Utd taking the lead with some luck and us then getting a 1-1 at best.

For the benefit of my family, I will avoid getting annoyed watching the match and then being grumpy for the rest of the night.

It's hard to watch us after seeing what we are capable of. There have been glimpses this season but the Liverpool match seems to have sucked everything out of us again.

Your choice of course, but a reminder that 12 days ago we were top of the table and everyone was happy 

• Like 3

Schmeichal

Justin  Fofana  Evans  Fuchs

Under   Tielamans  Maddison  Thomas      

Vardy     Barnes 

Think it would be worth a punt. Vardy and Barnes seem to link up well and pushing Thomas in to a more attacking role may benefit from his direct play and crossing ability (albeit Arial deliveries are pointless).

Having watched Ricardo and Ndidi last night, both looked like they were lacking match fitness and were clearly both worried about worsening their injury status (Understandably)..That said, i think they need some more U23 play to get back to 100%.

Sheffield United are there for the taking if we set up to attack them from the get go - I fear that if we allow them possession, and confidence, they'll punish us.

Edited by adejo92

Kasper

Fofana  Ndidi   Evans

Albrighton         Mendy          Justin

Tielemans       Maddison 

Perez

Vardy

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Give N'Didi a bit more time to ease in. May have to fill in at CB again for us the rate the injuries are going! 

Mendy has been great for us so why change it at the moment.

Mendy has been dreadful in the last 3 or 4 games...gone to Ratshit again!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We've been shite for a few games now, and I'm not expecting a win here. I just want to see some urgency or threat for a bit longer than 5 mins. Just some sign that Rodgers can turn this around.

Sheff Utd will be well up for this. I think we're likely to be down in the dumps or complacent. Please prove me wrong.

• Like 1

I think we’ll win but it’ll be an arduous watch. They’ve only scored 4 all season (although created more good chances than that tally suggests) so if we concede more than once we’re a bunch of morons that don’t deserve anything nice.