Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

Really not sure we can risk Ricardo or Ndidi. Both on the bench and they start  against AEK.

Kasper

Justin 

Fofana 

Evans 

Thomas 

Mendy 

Tielemans 

Under 

Maddison 

Barnes 

Vardy 

We shouldn't be picking a team worrying about the opposition, get our best players on the pitch and trust them to create something. Barnes lucky to start after tonight but no real alternative. 

Key players well rested, and minutes into the legs of a few of our key players retuning from injury and playing bottom of the league what’s to fear? :ph34r:

Schmeichel 

Justin 

Fofana

Evans

Fuchs

Ndidi 

Tielemans 

Ünder 

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy 

subs:

Ward / Ricardo / Morgan / Mendy / Praet / Perez / Iheanacho

11 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Castagne straight in after no mins under his belt , yet Ricardo not even in the squad...

And Perez in after barely playing a minute this season ?

Desperate times Brendan

Castagnes injury nowhere near as serious as Ricardos who got mins tonight. Wouldn’t risk him. Much rather give him more mins in last europa league game.

Under player 90 tonight so doubt he’ll start. For me Perez is next best attacking option 

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We’d have won the last two if we’d taken the gilt-edged chances at 0-0.

Footy is a game of fine margins at the top level.

For me, score first at Sheff U and we should win

Both opposition teams could say the same also. Neither loss was down to bad luck, they were down to poor play.

15 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Honestly Cant think about it I'm fredders at the moment which means we will win 7 nil and all will be forgiven! Yeah right 2 nil to Sheffield United 😮

Do you mean ‘thredders’? Hope you’re right about 7-0 mind you. 

They created loads of chances v WBA & I don't think they are as bad as their results suggest. They play with loads of spirit & verve (which we don't ) & it will be a tough game.

If we start on a positive attacking note ( which we won't ) we should win but I am not confident. I'll go 2-1 to the home team

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Castagnes injury nowhere near as serious as Ricardos who got mins tonight. Wouldn’t risk him. Much rather give him more mins in last europa league game.

Under player 90 tonight so doubt he’ll start. For me Perez is next best attacking option 

Castagne, was due back after nearly a month out, Then felt the injury again in training I believe.. I wouldn’t be risking him either..

I’d take Gray before Perez... Perez does everything at his own slow pace..

What does he bring to us ?

reminds me of ghezzal 

Doesn’t get near my squad 

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not looking forward to this at all. Fully expecting the ever obliging Leicester City to rock up, desperately hope I'm wrong.

Totally agree. I'd be delighted with a 0=0 draw to stop the rot,however I can't see it. I'm sure we'll gift them a 2=1 last minute winner as an early Christmas present 

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

Castagne, was due back after nearly a month out, Then felt the injury again in training I believe.. I wouldn’t be risking him either..

I’d take Gray before Perez... Perez does everything at his own slow pace..

What does he bring to us ?

reminds me of ghezzal 

Doesn’t get near my squad 

He was decent enough at Newcastle as the lone striker. Clearly he has sat in Brendan's chair at some stage to have to mix it with the kids now.

7 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

They created loads of chances v WBA & I don't think they are as bad as their results suggest. They play with loads of spirit & verve (which we don't ) & it will be a tough game.

If we start on a positive attacking note ( which we won't ) we should win but I am not confident. I'll go 2-1 to the home team

That's what I think too.We may get an early surprise lead then try to hang on and we will blow it losing two late goals. I guarantee we will gift them their first win with our lack of bottle and fight at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He was decent enough at Newcastle as the lone striker. Clearly he has sat in Brendan's chair at some stage to have to mix it with the kids now.

This is what I find bizarre at the minute. 

Just a few months ago it was seen that he was Brendans Golden child as he seemed to play most games even when out of position and not at his best. 

Something has to have happened as now he can't even get minutes in a game such as tonights. 

Wonder if Rogers has found his next player to throw under a bus. 

• Like 1

They really struggled against our set up last season, I’m not a fan of three/five at the back generally but I’d play it here. 

Schmeichel 

Justin

Evans

Fofana

Morgan/Fuchs

Thomas

Ndidi :fc:

Tielemans 

Praet

Barnes

Vardy

Edited by Stadt