Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (H)..pre match thread

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

If it was up to you, he'd be out a lot longer, wouldn't he? How do you expect him to get fit enough to play 90 mins if you never give him the minutes he needs to get that fit?

Yes, if he is only "fit enough to play 20 or 30 mins".

There's a difference between being fit enough to play about 30 mins or so (perhaps even a full half) and being fit enough to play 90+ mins but strategically electing to play 30 mins as a means to build up match fitness (disparate with physical fitness). If it's the former no, and if it's the latter yes and would start him (for this game). Of course injuries can occur anytime, but the margins are thinner in the first scenario.

Ultimately, each case depends on the particular circumstances and in this specific instance (with more than adequate cover and a crowded schedule of games coming up), the risk is not worth it if he's not physically fit enough to go 90+ mins.

Difficult game, they’re a top heavy side... pretty ordinary at the back, but have some lethal fire power up top.

They’re the type of club who don’t know what slow and steady is, they seem to want to ram their pre season bags full of stuff but with little thought as to what they actually need.

They won’t do much in regards of breaching the top four, they’re a bit like us really have a decent squad but aren’t consistent. Tough one to call, but I fancy us to steal it. 

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Yes, if he is only "fit enough to play 20 or 30 mins".

There's a difference between being fit enough to play about 30 mins or so (perhaps even a full half) and being fit enough to play 90+ mins but strategically electing to play 30 mins as a means to build up match fitness (disparate with physical fitness). If it's the former no, and if it's the latter yes and would start him (for this game). Of course injuries can occur anytime, but the margins are thinner in the first scenario.

Ultimately, each case depends on the particular circumstances and in this specific instance (with more than adequate cover and a crowded schedule of games coming up), the risk is not worth it if he's not physically fit enough to go 90+ mins.

I never said there wasn't a difference between those two things. You've got me wondering if you are being deliberately obtuse. Again, I ask, how do you expect him to get fit enough to play 90 minutes if you don't give him the time on the pitch he needs to build up that fitness?

How is a crowded schedule of games coming up an argument in your favour? That's precisely why it's so important that the injured players need to be reintroduced into the fold asap to lighten the load on the rest of the squad. What risk? The risk of a recurrence? There's always that risk. Are you just never going to pick him again in the fear that he breaks down again?

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I just joined Amazon Prime but I'll be in London at 5pm for a dentist appointment tomorrow and won't be back to sunny Lutterworth until about 8pm. Can i still watch the game as live at 8pm?

Yes, you can watch the whole thing or just the match again, or even watch from start during the game on Amazon, much better than Sky / BT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

Yes, you can watch the whole thing or just the match again, or even watch from start during the game on Amazon, much better than Sky / BT.

Do I have to "record" it or can I just watch from the start as soon as I get home?

29 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

It s a serious step up from BT and Sky that is for sure

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I just joined Amazon Prime but I'll be in London at 5pm for a dentist appointment tomorrow and won't be back to sunny Lutterworth until about 8pm. Can i still watch the game as live at 8pm?

If you download amazon player on to your phone, you could watch the start of it on that too until you get home if you  prefer to watch  it live....    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Never thought I'd say it but I hope we stick with the short corners we used against Brighton. Created some nice opportunities from them

Agree with this, it was nice to see some well-worked corners that actually translated to chances. Having said that, hopefully we'll mix it up and have Ünder taking a few that beat the first man, assuming he plays.

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

The long and short of this is that it really depends which Everton and which Leicester turn up. Both have had spells of being absolutely excellent, fluent and irresistible and both have had spells of being turgid, disjointed and short on ideas; often in the same game! Two sides that are very rarely mediocre.

0-0 mediocre draw it is then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I expect this to be a very tight game. Possibly our first draw of the season.

Would have big Wes come in for this one rather than dropping Ndidi back. Keeps players in their preferred position and Wilf protects the back line a lot more effectively than Mendy.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Some money about...