Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (H)..pre match thread

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Lets face it, with Kasper glued to his line at corners and free kicks we are gonna concede headers and lose this one, no matter whether its a back 4 back 5 or back 6. If he were to come out and punch it occasionally (mebee when its 3 yards out????) then We would stand a very good chance of 3 points and top spot.

Listening in last night - thanks to Amazon Prime’s behind-the-goal microphone - it seems that Kasper’s only responsibility at corners is to incessantly bark out “Away! Away!”

I honestly can’t recall the last time he decisively came out and collected or punched away a corner at the edge of his six-yard box. He appears to have developed a genuine phobia about venturing off his line.

And a manager as perceptive as Ancelotti will doubtless be aware of this.

Still, he does have other assets. Like brilliantly saving goalbound shots.

21 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Listening in last night - thanks to Amazon Prime’s behind-the-goal microphone - it seems that Kasper’s only responsibility at corners is to incessantly bark out “Away! Away!”

I honestly can’t recall the last time he decisively came out and collected or punched away a corner at the edge of his six-yard box. He appears to have developed a genuine phobia about venturing off his line.

And a manager as perceptive as Ancelotti will doubtless be aware of this.

Still, he does have other assets. Like brilliantly saving goalbound shots.

Im sure he has been caught out a few times in the past coming off his line it is a bit bizarre I don't know if it's a general rule now but you used to see it a lot keepers flying out to collect the ball off a corner .. can't knock him though his shot stopping is unreal

17 hours ago, KFS said:

I’m with this tbf.

Kasper

Thomas

Morgan

Fofana

Justin

N’Didi

Tielemans

Barnes

Maddison

Under

Vardy

Bench: Ward, Fuchs, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Mendy, Perez, Praet

Exactly the team I was going to put.

Prefer to see Morgan with Ndidi in front than Ndidi with Mendy in front. Calvert Lewin good in the air so Morgan could take care of him.

20 hours ago, urban fox said:

Can see Ndidi playing CB as part of a three with Fofanaan Fuchs. JJ and Thomas WB.

would prefer a four though

kasper

JJ Ndidi Fofana Fuchs/Thomas

Mendy

Yt

Under Madders Barnes

Vardy

@Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo you know what to do son! 

2 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

I think we can afford to go without a left back for this one cus Iwobi is sh1t.

They have a lot of height at set pieces so I’d be tempted with big and little Wes together with ndidi in front. JJ right, Fuchs left 

tielemans, madders

Perez , vardy, Barnes 

under and nacho to be finishing the game 

Thank you. I shall now bet on him bagging. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

So now they want 5 at the back...

People change what tactics they would like to see dependent on the opposition. 5 at the back might be great against teams with attacking credibility but certainly not fine against relegation fodder. It's a shame it took BR until the Brighton match to realise what others realised weeks ago.

Anyway, back to the subject - These will be tough opposition. I don't think our defence is anywhere up to the quality needed to keep these at bay. Would like to see Perez feature again, he has looked much better these last two games. Under and Barnes back in the starting line up too would be lovely!

Edited by adejo92

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Found this comment on Everton forum weird. Everton have a bizarre hatred for us in general. I dont get it.

"Another reason to hate these is my hatred for James Maddison. Good player obviously. But doing that 'A' celebration which is annoying as it is and then reading that its because he's one of a few players in a whatsapp group called 'The Avengers' with Jack Grealish, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, John McGinn and Ben Chilwell has sent me over the edge

Presumably they share pictures of each other with trousers on that are slightly not long enough in length to accentuate the fact that they aren't wearing socks, videos of the wag wannabees they are paying for bottles of Grey Goose for in Ibiza like young Wayne Linekers and links to the latest terrible choooooons that they listen to post game at illegal lockdown raves while taking their Laughing gas"

Think that's fair enough actually! 

20 hours ago, kingfox said:

This is the type of game I wouldn’t mind Big Wes playing tbh, up against Calvert-Lewin it will be all about a physical battle and  winning headers. If we were playing against a side with a pacy front line, I definitely wouldn’t put him in.

Against Everton though, height will be important, especially at set pieces, where playing the trio of Little Wes, Big Wes and Ndidi could prove vital to whether we win or lose.

Now that someone who watches more no Leicester football than me has told me that big Wes would suit this game, I'm quite excited about the possibility. 

He hasn't let us down this season and if we can pick him for the right type of game where he can shine, he can still be one hell of an asset. 

I also wonder how much is changing formation (in and of itself) played its part in the Brighton performance. 

Start with one thing then just change the ****er and confuse the shit out of them after 10 minutes. It could be the next tactical masterclass to last us through to the title (😱😎

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Not sure if you're being serious.

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Come on mate, players are either fit enough to play 90 minutes or 0 minutes, nothing in between

Comprehension issues? lol

You do realize that 'shouldn't' and 'couldn't' (or 'can't) are NOT synonymous terms? My position is that if Castagne is not fully or match fit (or otherwise not 100% fit), he shouldn't play IN THIS PARTICULAR GAME because we are not desperate and it is simply not worth the risk, particularly in light of the congested fixture immediately ahead of us.  

Conversely, if fully fit but some would rather he not play a full 90 minutes (not altogether unreasonable given his long absence - even though he has apparently been training with the team for a while), then again my position would be that it substantively makes no difference whether he starts and is subbed-off or he doesn't and is subbed-in.  

Edited by NaijaFox