Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

That’s true Cardiff, but it was also Jose’s plan to give us possession and draw us on to set up the counter attack. I was more pleased with our tactical discipline, never over committing.

Normally though we make an error and find ourselves caught short. Today we got the balance bang on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

An attempt that involved giving us a penalty. Tricky buggers. 

Instead of spouting this cobblers, wouldn't you and your fellow sad conspiracists who plague every match thread be better off asking why you need it to make you feel better? 

Let's face it. They didn't give us a penalty. It had to be reviewed on VAR and there was no way they couldn't over turn it.

I don't genuinely believe there's a conspiracy,  what i believe is that certain teams are hugely favoured within the set up on the Premier League which gives them an advantage. 

It's nearly Christmas, treat yourself to a drink, loosen up and stop getting upset on a forum. Bless you. :)

• Like 1

That wasn’t a scrappy win as such but it was a case of us ‘doing a job’ on them.

Mourinho can’t talk one bit though. Pot kettle black.

We are better player for player than them, when we have our first team out. So in a tight game we’ll win. Maybe if you came out less negative and press us Jose you might of had more joy. He hoped we would attack and catch us on the counter. They only really did have moments when we made errors.

Ndidi and Justin were absolutely fantastic. Tielemens, Evans, Castange and Albrighton were brilliant. No one had a bad game. A proper team performance.

Kasper 7

Albrighton 8

Fofana 7

Evans 8

Justin 9

Castange 8

Tielemans 8

Ndidi 10

Madders 7

Barnes 7

Vardy 8

• Like 2

Guest Hansifüx
3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Did you watch  the game ? ...   we were better full stop ..   all over the park.

I get you, but do you you think we would have been better if we switched maddison and vardy for Kane and Son, just as a thought experiment. 

I thought Kane had some really good moments... to be fair

Edited by Hansifüx

2 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I get you, but do you you think we would have been better if we switched maddison and vardy for Kane and Son, just as a thought experiment. 

I thought Kane had some really good moments... to be fair

I refer you to my mate Peaky ...   see above ...   :)

45 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Someone showed Pipes an image of the VAR lines and he asked if it was a joke. Sounds like he’s not happy with the decision and the frame they used to judge.

I totally agree, It was a joke to disallow Maddisons goal. If you look at the Feet Celco clearly played him onside, But Maddisons Shoulder was just ahead of Alderweirld by the thickness of his shirt material. 

I thought the intention was to allow more goals in these very tight decisions.

• Like 1

Just read Jose’s post match comments.

l😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😆😆😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂🙂😆😂😆😆😂😆😆😂😆🙂😂😆😆😆😂😆🙂😉😉😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😆😆😂😆😆😆😉😆🙂🙂😆🤦‍♂️😉😉😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

**** you Jose.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Let's face it. They didn't give us a penalty. It had to be reviewed on VAR and there was no way they couldn't over turn it.

I don't genuinely believe there's a conspiracy,  what i believe is that certain teams are hugely favoured within the set up on the Premier League which gives them an advantage. 

It's nearly Christmas, treat yourself to a drink, loosen up and stop getting upset on a forum. Bless you. :)

Wouldn’t even put that as the case. Just Pawson is a genuinely shite referee 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

CF, don't you love irony? You happened to be the 10,000th arse-lick of mine! :) 

Maybe I get some things right sometimes... Hope you have a great evening :) 

You know I love ya Peaky ..   you have a great night too ...  :thumbup:

P. S ..   I’m in a happy pissed state ...   

This morning I was resigned to losing so I didn’t give too much thought to the game, went for a walk near fosse park, went to the tip because it’s Sunday... then Vardy scored so I had a cheeky little bottle of beer, then we scored again... and then we won so I returned to the fridge a few times and now I’ve found myself half cut, standing in the freezing cold clapping 250 tractors going driving through my village with Christmas lights on! 

not sure if anyone else in south Leicestershire has had a similar day 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Hansifüx
1 minute ago, Detroit Blues said:

We were a lot more physical today. We fouled them early and often lol

That said, we were smart when to pick up yellow cards for cynical challenges, like Albrighton leaving a high leg for Harry Kane.

I felt like that was missing from our game against Everton. Hopefully we will keep that tenacity going against United. 

I don't like that ... I despise Everton for playing like that ... and the foul of Abrighton, for a second I was afraid he would get a red, because it was a weird one, but all good int he end. Anyway, we should not take Everton as an example to follow, they don't seem to care much about fair play or they bend one they perceive as fair play. For example I remember the position were DC is throwing back to N Didi to get a panalty ... he does that often ... for me that is unfair play

A great team performance.

The return of Ndidi, who was immense, Castagne, and Ndidi certainly makes us a much taller, more physical side.

I thought our defence weren't unduly stretched today.

I think it's clear Maddison should  play in an advanced midfield role. It's where his class really shows. We need him there creating and scoring plenty of goals. His talents are wasted playing too deep where he can only move the ball on, or get out muscled.  

The one thing I think we need to improve on is to be more ruthless. We had a number of openings today where we selected the wrong option. If we'd been more clinical the game would've been over sooner.

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

l😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😆😆😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂🙂😆😂😆😆😂😆😆😂😆🙂😂😆😆😆😂😆🙂😉😉😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😆😆😂😆😆😆😉😆🙂🙂😆🤦‍♂️😉😉😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

**** you Jose.

Clever management though isn't it? Takes all the focus away from his players and our victory, and focuses it all on him!

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

**** you Jose.

A bit dated but reminds me of this:

Cstu4aZWAAAo6-K?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Hahaha some pundits I swear..... :frusty:

Screenshot_20201220-162828__01__01.jpg

It won't be what people want to hear, but they're scoring for fun, have a game-winning cheat in Fernandes and have a game in hand which is likely to leave them just two behind Liverpool.

Crap defense aside, they're being massively underestimated, just like they were last season when they ended up ruining our party. Let's see what happens when we play them, because we seemed to use up 50 years worth of goodwill from the football gods with our famous 5-3.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

hmm, maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember one good offensive move that we should have scored but missed, we were not good in front of the their gaol ... they had a couple. 

Maddison and Tielemans to name two. Barnes missed a good chance as well.

• Like 2