Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

I have to admit I thought I was sitting down to watch us lose today. But you really never know at the moment which Leicester will turn up. Very glad the one where we make spurs look completely ordinary did.

Maddison very unlucky to have his vardy tribute goal ruled out. Off sides like that are not in the spirit of the game imo.

Everyone well on it and subs played there part. So good to have nidid back where he belongs and castangne coming through 65 mins. 

Come on Leicester ! Let's have man u next week and be well in with a shout of top four or more ??!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He looked so assured considering how little he’s played in the past couple of years. 

He's a very capable player, he's had some good spells in the side where he's shown it. I think some are quick to jump on him mixed with alot of bad luck with injury.i just hope he's happy to stay with us 

• Like 2

It’s now clear as day as that when games are open, we are deadly and one of the best teams in the league. When games are tight and we come up against a defensively well organised team, we are one of the most boring teams in the league.

Right now it’s all about finding the right formula for us to beat the likes of West Ham, Villa, Fulham etc...

3-4-3 away from home has been very effective for us, with the right personnel, it could be the perfect formation going forward.  With Castagne back and when Ricardo returns, it could be the perfect formation for us. The back three today were excellent, atm I don’t know how Soyuncu gets back into this team. We just need to find the right balance in the forward areas, for me playing Praet or Perez would offer better movement in the forward areas, and they’d make us more effective down the flanks. Numerous times today, especially in the first half, Justin, Albrighton and Castagne were picking up the ball and they had nobody in front of them.

It will be interesting to see what we do now going forward, today’s formation and personnel makes us extremely flexible, it can easily start as a 3-4-3, then easily be changed into a 4-2-3-1 as seen against Brighton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Win their two games in hand and they are second. Not saying they will win the league but they certainly should be in the discussion at this point in time.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

2 be fair if they win both games in hand they will be second. Despite being shit and Olly being shit. 

Point is Leicester are 2nd and hardly talked about like that, Manure are shocking most games and will unlikely win both of their games in hands. I hope we smash them 

• Like 2

So many positives it’s hard rjj on know where to start. Justin has progressed soooo much it’s a joy to watch. Fofana was a beast second half. N’Didi back makes a real difference, but Youri was imperious for me. Mark was the model professional. Love that boy. Madders swagger is back. Castagne and Big Dan now have  minutes under their belts. What a superb afternoon. 

• Like 1

Albrighton, Perez or Praet - they're underrated but key in different ways to making our system work. 

While Cengiz, Barnes and Maddison looks great on paper, you need someone like one of them to do the hard work and be more direct. 

They're the reliable 7/10 performer that every team needs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Point is Leicester are 2nd and hardly talked about like that, Manure are shocking most games and will unlikely win both of their games in hands. I hope we smash them 

Man Utd 2 up after 180 seconds

Edited by sishades

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

That would be the most obvious choice but then we have soyuncu to slot back in somewhere as well. It's a wonderful problem to have.

For me that's easy. Straight swap for Evans, as good as Evans is for us most games, he's just too slow releasing the ball. Cags is far better going forward.