Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

Guest Hansifüx
Just now, Ric Flair said:

We were much better than them, dominated them all over the pitch. 

hmm, maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember one good offensive move that we should have scored but missed, we were not good in front of the their gaol ... they had a couple. 

the obsession with other managers / pundits / writers giving us "credit" is really fascinating to me.

1) The same people complain about the media trying to sell our players when they actually do talk us up

2) To me it's more fun.  Do you think Vardy wants to hear Jose, Arteta, Pep say how good we are after we beat them?  No - he wants to inflict maximum pain and doubt.  I'm with Jamie, you should be too.

• Like 3

That was a great performance. The BBC are quoting Spurs fans and their issues with Mourinho’s style of play. That is what he does, they seem surprised.

I am more interested in how well we played, Rodgers got it right and the players to a man did too.

We aren’t consistent yet, losing at home to Fulham and winning today but overall we are very good and should remember that.

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

the obsession with other managers / pundits / writers giving us "credit" is really fascinating to me.

1) The same people complain about the media trying to sell our players when they actually do talk us up

2) To me it's more fun.  Do you think Vardy wants to hear Jose, Arteta, Pep say how good we are after we beat them?  No - he wants to inflict maximum pain and doubt.  I'm with Jamie, you should be too.

Yes I'd imagine the whole team wants to inflict maximum pain and doubt into any opposition, but sometimes it's nice to hear you've been outfoxed by the Foxes

18 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

- I've picked up some criticism of the ref on this thread - not flawless but he let play go and didn't fall for a lot of Spurs "gamesmanship" in situations where if he did, it would've been tense.  Pawson is certainly on my naughty list but I've seen much worse ref performances from him and others.

- Justin MOTM - he keeps his place in first XI if/when both Tim + Ricardo are back until something changes.  Earlier this week I said POTS so far was between Vardy Justin & Mendy.  That performance may have been the tiebreaker in Justin's favor.  

- Timmy, Ndidi, Fofana, Albrighton, Kasper all great performances.  Perfect role for Albrighton

- Vardy has always been a better all around player then people give him credit for, but he was great without being great if that makes sense.  Just a good performance.  Don't know if it was picked up on in the match thread but in the first half (maybe mid way through) he got up well to win a long ball and immediately grabbed his groin.  So that wasn't something that happened late, he was playing with it before the pen goal.  Makes his 2nd half performance and the forced OG even more special, but man we're playing with fire leaving injured players in to play games.  Like - even if they come out and say he's fine for next weekend, I don't think that can be trusted. 

- Nacho's cameo was short but he did exactly what was called for.  Also great to see Dan back.  

- We've beat Man City Arsenal and Tottenham away now.  Some will turn around and say 0 points from WH, FUL, AV, EVE negates that, but I don't buy that.  Every game is its own thing.  Every team is inconsistent, ourselves included.  We are good enough to compete for Top 4 this year - as a Leicester fan I don't think you can ask for anything more. 

- Great to see any clean sheet, especially away against Tottenham.  That should give us confidence - Son was essentially anonymous and I don't know the last time I've seen that.  We can look so vulnerable on the counter and so unable to break teams down that sit back.  Obviously Jose knew this (although he may set up that way regardless).  For us to close up shop so well was great to see.  And even moreso - deal with some adversity and come out the other end.  After the Maddison goal was called back, we didn't blink.  Missed chances - same thing.  Just really positive.

- Maybe the only team that's more satisfying to beat than Tottenham is Man Utd - hopefully we can put in a performance against them.  I promise you if we beat them then you won't struggle to see / hear the "Are Leicester title contenders?" talking points and articles.  If we lose to them then it's another wasted opportunity.  When we win games like this we will have turned the corner towards being a title contender vs just top 4/6 contender.  

All good stuff Bats. I thought Nacho was as good today in his cameo as he was awful against Everton. A frustrating player!

• Thanks 1

You can also bet he isn't saying this privately to his players. He will be giving them some hard lessons and words and they will be watching and rewatching the videos of us winning every 50/50 for days. 

This is just the public 'position'. Klopp is the same. Lampard is showing some signs of being the same. etc etc.