Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Did the genuinely cause us any problems bar Son shot which was an excellent save by Kasper? I can't really recall anything.

Kane's shot from edge of the box which seemed comofrtable for Kasper. Can't think of anything else.

Ha ha. Just seen Jose’s post match interview. If he truly believes his team was in any sort of control at any point in that game, he’ll be looking at that sole Audi Cup for a long time. We were fairly comfortable and Kasper made one world class save through out. 

That’s now us and Liverpool who have put them in their place. 

Silly man.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nathan mcc said:

You must be joking! It’s whoever plays with Evans in a 3 or 4  ! I’m pretty sure Rodgers feels the same too! The guy has been an absolute rock for 2 1/2 years ! 

It's the good & the bad with Evans. He improves whoever he plays with and then people start saying he is second best on the pitch. He is one of the reasons we skinned Man U for Maguire, he made him look better than he is. Evans is our best CB at the club and we are fortunate that he here and apparently wants to stay.

7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I think I relish us beating Spurs more than any other side, such is my loathing of the arrogant ba$tards

I’ve never had an issue with Spurs to be honest, a very ‘blah’ team who have achieved little other than a couple of cup successes in my lifetime (I’m 43). 

They keep trying and keep failing, the more time passes the more they fail and reality catches up with them. A bit like West Ham & Leeds. Clubs that feed off their history but have no real impact on the top echleons of the game and until they check themselves they’re only going to wreck themselves.

• Like 1

I really thought we were going to get beaten two or three nil, and we would put up a weak and timid performance. How wrong could  I be, every player were 8/10. But a special mention for Wilfred and JJ who were outstanding. It’s so sweet beating spuds.

Edited by Wortho
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Let’s not kid ourselves. A confident manager will back himself to turn them around given time and we should all know their ceiling is far beyond ours. 

The Arsenal issues have been there for at least 5 years, with three different managers attempting to solve it, if everything clicks at Arsenal their ceiling is probably top 4 prem and QF champions league, I really don't believe this ceiling is any higher.

• Like 1

Just now, Beachyboy said:

The Arsenal issues have been there for at least 5 years, with three different managers attempting to solve it, if everything clicks at Arsenal their ceiling is probably top 4 prem and QF champions league, I really don't believe this ceiling is any higher.

It’s about consistency, in those 5 years they’ve finished in the top six 4 times. Won the FA Cup twice, charity shield twice and been in the European Cup final.

And that’s in a bad period!!!

We have to perform minor miracles in the transfer market and in the pitch constantly to get even close to that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Justin was lambasted and blamed for several goals conceded on here in our first few games.

What does this even mean? A lot of people myself included thought quite rightly he was the weak link at the beginning of the season but are happily amazed at his progress. 

What point is it you are trying to make? 

Just now, Line-X said:

This is a somewhat embarrassing admission in the post match thread and this is the first time this has ever happened in my many, many years of supporting this club...

I got the time wrong and missed the game thinking it was an evening kick off, instead catching up with a friend in Amsterdam on Zoom. Then I saw this thread. 

Only an idiot would do that...

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, shen said:

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Justin was lambasted and blamed for several goals conceded on here in our first few games.

“Lambasted”’He was criticised for some iffy performances and a number of mistakes. He’s improved no end throughout the season.

Thought Rodgers got it absolutely spot on today. It was a really unorthodox shape but it worked very well to specifically nullify Tottenham's only two real threats. 

Overloading the right side with Fofana, Justin and Albrighton in almost a triangle really around Son kept him caged and contained for the whole game. I don't think he's ever had that quiet a match against us. 

Meanwhile it left Evans and Castagne in virtually one on one match match ups with Kane and Lo Celso respectively, neither of whom have a lot of pace and both of whom were stuck in their defenders pockets for the full ninety. 

Granted it helps how negative Spurs were. To be honest, they were an excellent demonstration in themselves of why we shouldn't be playing Praet, Maddison, Tielemans and Mendy/Ndidi at the same time. That's why you don't field a diamond of slow midfielders, it leaves your two forwards alone and completely easy to shut off. 

Thought JJ was excellent again. He's really grown up a lot this season, looks to have settled in to the tempo of the Premier league and is starting to look extremely confident. 

On the whole a really good showing. I'm not worried about how little we genuinely created in the first half, they were always going to be horrendously stubborn and well organised. They'll nil a lot of teams this season. 

• Like 4