Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Also the line from Maddison seems to be from his elbow. 

And Aurier's left sleeve definitely plays Maddison's left sleeve on. It's so bad it's laughable. (And the frame they used showed the ball at least 6" away from Justin's boot)

Edited by trabuch

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still not a fan of how every VAR offside decision is done at an angle. Surely they could install some spider came along the sideline for squared on angles 

almost made a point of this the other week. 

put a camera on a track that lines the sideline, elevated a bit

have the camera follow the last defender.  you could theoretically do this very easily by putting some tracker on the linesman and just have the camera follow that

you will then have exponentially better angles for VAR review

the technology is certainly there.

another thing to point out is Maddison got one thing wrong with his "Vardy tribute" goal - straying offside.  Has Vardy ever had a goal ruled out due to offside by VAR?  I can't remember one.  He's incredible at it.  (I say this knowing that it's debatable whether JM was even offside)

Looked to me (I may be wrong, I usually am) that BR has learnt how to get JM and YT in the same team, put JM up too with JV. Looked like a 4 4 2 most of the game. 

If so I am all for it. Great result and hopefully a catalyst for the rest of the season. 

To finally have Wilf back, wow!! nearly half way through the season and building momentum from 2nd, this could be a special season. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ooo ya fighter. 

The most refreshing part of that was the first half. None of that Leicester only work as a counter attack threat. We bossed long periods 

That’s true Cardiff, but it was also Jose’s plan to give us possession and draw us on to set up the counter attack. I was more pleased with our tactical discipline, never over committing.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx
2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Looked to me (I may be wrong, I usually am) that BR has learnt how to get JM and YT in the same team, put JM up too with JV. Looked like a 4 4 2 most of the game. 

If so I am all for it. Great result and hopefully a catalyst for the rest of the season. 

To finally have Wilf back, wow!! nearly half way through the season and building momentum from 2nd, this could be a special season. 

well, maddison and vardy didn't play that well today. the goals were defence errors. but I thought maddison's offside goal was really good ... but unfortunate. 

Edited by Hansifüx

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

That still makes no sense as Auriers left boot would be closer to the goal? 

My body is a bit like Aurier’s. When I stand up straight, my left shoulder is to the right hand side of my right foot. Can’t comment further because I’ve got to go now and climb the tower in Notre-Dame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have we ever beaten one of the supposed Big 6 since we returned to the Prem and the manager has admitted we were the better side? I honestly can't think of many, the best was Klopp when we beat them 2 nil with that Vardy thunderbastard and he didn't have a good word to say about us. It's astonishing.

3 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

well, maddison and vardy didn't play that well today. the goals were defence errors. but I thought maddison's offside goal was really good ... but unfortunate. 

The chances we created, the ball from YT to Madders sticks in mind, one rotation of the ball faster and it's a goal. That's wouldn't have even come up if YT was sitting back with Evans and Little Wes. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we ever beaten one of the supposed Big 6 since we returned to the Prem and the manager has admitted we were the better side? I honestly can't think of many, the best was Klopp when we beat them 2 nil with that Vardy thunderbastard and he didn't have a good word to say about us. It's astonishing.

Don't think LVG gave us much credit after the 5-3 either.