Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Other than wasting a couple of opportunities to finish it off with a third, the perfect performance? You can argue we got a bit lucky at times at Man City and Arsenal but we controlled this game from start to finish.

Man City I thought we lured them in brilliantly then picked them off. Arsenal wasn't a great performance for me and relied on them missing good chances before we sprang. Leeds was probably the other top performance this season, particularly the first 30 minutes. 

Today all round was excellent.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Daft comment by Alan Smith during the game (to be fair, he made a few) that Leicester game up against a below par Spurs side. We made them perform below par. Which is excellent given the amount of “talent” he kept telling us they had on the pitch.

He was so negative about us today, it was ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I don’t get this team... I know it was an away game and they’ve been good on the road, but Spurs basically started like the away team. 
Yet today the second spurs looked like they would counter we blocked by being so well organised. At home when we lose the ball, we look so vulnerable, a shambles at time. Complete and utter panic. 
If we can put today’s performance into home games, we could finish top 4. 

It’s all coincidences of time, this team are brilliant but have been heavily plagued by injuries. If we could get them all firing on the pitch at the same time we’d be up there with the best in the country.

• Like 2

Firstly the Ref was embarrassing, How did Celso not get a yellow first half then he misses the penalty.

So what was the difference today. Well for me it was Everyone putting in a shift. Playing two in midfield with Youri playing alongside NDiddi. with Fofana and Evans stepping into midfield to fill the gaps. We weren't doing that in other games.  

Maddison looking so much fitter than recently and Albrighton and Barnes providing excellent width in possession but also defensively.

Brendan deserves a lot of credit for this one, I'd just like to see him a bit more animated on the touch line, As it does transcend to the players and influence the Ref. 

1 minute ago, seanfox778 said:

He was so negative about us today, it was ridiculous. 

I noticed that. Maybe it’s my blue tinted glasses but it’s like he doesn’t have a good thing to say. Given we did the best we can for him to have a career at a good level, there is no need for it. Personally, I think he knows he is falling on the side of the pundit who Sky may look to replace. Like they did with a few of the Soccer Saturday guys. Ex-players who the younger generation do not have clue about. By being favourable with the bigger club fans, he maintains some relevance. It does make him a poor pundit though.

...all comes down to mentality at the start of the game!!!

Castagne running to get the ball to take a throw in to maintain a tempo and keep us on the front foot. No talk of fatigue or looking leggy, Wilf back to his usual self and the energy and mentality of Castagne, brings an added drive to this team.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

Just now, Vazman said:

Sky literally have no post match analysis, i hope Amazon  Prime get more of the Games far better coverage overall 

Tbf they only had 2 minutes post match analysis of Brighton-Sheff U on before us. 

It's funny. The media hype so many teams up. Looking at spurs today....they could be managed by Big Sam. Long ball after long ball. 

All the writing has been about Jose being back to his best....well today if United win, they will be 3rd with a game in hand.