Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

39 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Have you not learnt anything from watching us this season so far, at the beginning especially?

We need to play the team we played vs Spurs/Utd. Castange and Ndidi in those positions are huge upgrades on Fuchs and Mendy respectively.

We are a top team with our top players. If we start rotating too many then we are very average. Average teams won’t go to Palace and expect to win, so we need to play our best team or we will likely not win.

I think Vardy and Evans out For Nacho and Soyuncu is fair but we need to keep the spine or itll be more thrown points and post match ‘I don’t understand why we can beat Spurs and then lose to sh*t palace’ when it’s quite clear why if we set up differently.

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I suppose a lot depends how many of them come out of today's game. Castagne, Ndidi and Maddison are recently back from injury and will have to be managed to prevent niggling an injury and that will be down to certain staff to evaluate. Vardy's groin issue also. I'm sure they'll play if deemed fit enough to do so but better to miss one match than be out for another month.

Yeah I think Vardy should be rested, Castange possibly but Ndidi NEEDS to play. Unless he’s injured stick him in and take him off at 60 if needed etc.

I know he’s not long comeback from injury but he’s 23 years old, a fit young lad and there’s no way he shouldn’t be able to do at least an hour.

I always think play your best team and rest in games if 1-0 up. If we are losing 1-0 playing our weaker team then bring them on chasing the game, it makes it worse and they end up wasting more energy chasing the game.

Being ahead in a game makes it easier and in turn makes less chance of injuries because your doing less desperate pressing and chasing when unneeded.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Schmeichel,

Amartey, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Thomas

Mendy, Praet, Choudhury,

Under, Iheanacho, Perez. 

What I think it’ll be.  

We'd come home with absolutely f all if we went with that. Not saying you're wrong, but I don't think we should rotate wholesale. Palace have even less recovery time than us, and a far smaller squad. Fuchs in a 2 and a back 4 with barely any minutes in their legs, and Choudhury starting would give Palace a huge advantage.

• Like 1

I think Kasper, Justin and Fofana could be only ones to start again. Maybe Tielemans because Rodgers is reluctant to rest him. It's a gamble either way, we rest and lose or we don't and get key injuries. I might be tempted to go with Vardy, other attacking positions are easy to rotate.

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Wow they look woeful. Getting run absolutely ragged by 10 men. Worst PL team I've seen since Bournemouth about 6 months ago...

Maybe they're saving themselves for us.

They're a big awkward side to play against with a goal threat in Zaha. But with the intent we've shown in the last two I feel we will be ready for them and win, Even with a changed team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Think it'll be summut like 

Schmeichel

Amartey Fofana Evans 

Justin Hamza Praet Thomas

Perez Vardy Barnes

Just about agree, but I think Mendy will get the nod over Hamza and maybe Under over Barnes, if fit.

There is a few days off after this one so not so sure it will be 9 changes like West Ham away last year. I would go: 

Kasper 

Justin    Evans   Cags   Thomas

Mendy   Praet

Under      Perez       Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Time to bring Demarai Gray out from the cold against very very tired legs. 

It will probably get mocked but that's not the worst idea.  He was very decent for us after the season resumed, when most of the squad was garbage.

• Like 1