Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

13 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Early goal would be huge given they've played so badly the last 2 games, their heads would likely drop and we'd cruise to victory, give it everything first 20 minutes and then we'll have this wrapped up you'd like to think. Longer they stay in the game more belief they'll get. 

Staying with @SouthStandUpperTier's "Bournemouth" theme (see above), when we played them they were on a woeful run of (I think) 5 straight losses or thereabouts. We played them off the park in the first-half, took the lead and went in the half with a deserved 1-0 - only to totally fall apart in the 2H and put to a right spanking. Let's take these very seriously and (instead of anticipating a "fold") work our tails off over the entire 90+ mins. 

COYF :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox

I thought the Palace away fixture last season was one of our most professional and thorough performances of 19-20, and we cranked out a 2-0 win. Exactly the same again required on Monday. This game, and the Newcastle fixture, give us a fantastic opportunity to build on a great haul of 4 points from Spurs and Man Utd. Hopefully we kick on well. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Time to bring Demarai Gray out from the cold against very very tired legs. 

I can absolutely envision Demarai coming out of the deep freeze to beat poor Jeff Schlupp   lol   Why on earth do I love that idea?  Some kind of cosmic symmetry?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

I thought the Palace away fixture last season was one of our most professional and thorough performances of 19-20, and we cranked out a 2-0 win. Exactly the same again required on Monday. This game, and the Newcastle fixture, give us a fantastic opportunity to build on a great haul of 4 points from Spurs and Man Utd. Hopefully we kick on well. 

We did and your correct it was a fantastic professional performance.

Our team that day:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Ndidi Tielemens

Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Something similar gives us a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I currently have Fofana Vardy and Maddison in my fantasy prem side... hmm...

Do I shift any of them out for the Palace match?

Will Under or Pérez start for Madders?

Not sure what BR will do!

Only one sub used yesterday,  and taking last season's team selection at west ham into account, I can only imagine wholesale changes. 

I think amartey, fuchs, soyuncu, praet, mendy and Perez will all start. Possibly Wes. Castagne almost certain to be rested (Rodgers said as much).....the only survivors from yesterday are those that individually don't get tired or tight after games...I.e probably the younger players Justin, Fofana, Barnes maybe. 

• Like 1

Would rest Vardy, Wilf, Castagne and Maddison due to recent injuries for all. Think most of the defenders and Schmeichel should be good to go again, and Tielemans has to start for me just not the same side without him. Would’ve started Ünder but Perez did well yesterday, so depending on Ünder’s fitness would bring him on in the second half.            

Schmeichel 

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Thomas 

Mendy - Tielemans 

Perez   -   Praet   -   Barnes 

Iheanacho

Planned Subs: 

Soyuncu for Evans @ 60 mins

Ünder (if fit enough) for Barnes @ 60 mins

*and one other depending on the game

May have been posted.....

Cengiz Under was sat in the stands for the 2-2 draw with Manchester United after pulling up in training and may now miss the fixture with Crystal Palace as well

“He had a slight hamstring yesterday in training, when he pulled up,” Rodgers said on Under after the Boxing Day clash with United.

“We’ve had a scan and it’s all clear, but he’s feeling a bit of tightness, and it may be related to his back.

Under’s countryman Caglar Soyuncu will be back in the squad though after overcoming a groin injury he picked up on his return to action earlier this month.

He could be among several City changes as they go again just 48-and-a-half hours after the final whistle at the King Power Stadium.

Ricardo Pereira (groin) remains on the sidelines though, and will now have to make his comeback in 2021.

“There’ll be one or two players that have just come back that there will be question marks over and that we’ll need to have a look at,” said Rodgers.

“The likes of Timothy Castagne, who has just come back from a hamstring injury, are we going to risk that 48-and-a-half hours later? We’ll need to assess that.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Could be something like-: 

Schmeichel

fofana

Amartey

fuchs

justin

mendy

choudhury

thomas 

praet
Perez

Iheanacho 

subs ward Morgan soyuncu N’Didi Albrighton Barnes tielemans Vardy slimani 

Benteke hattrick nailed on with that team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Benteke hattrick nailed on with that team.

No problem with Amartey playing. Might be inclined to stick Morgan in. 

Its the shape / marking when defending set pieces which is the real issue though. We need our better headers of the ball being given the license to either attack the ball, or mark their better headers of the ball (Benteke being an obvious example).

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Having watched Palace yesterday, they were woeful. We really should be beating them, but will Brendan change things round too much.

Agreed; they also completely ruined the game as a spectacle with niggly fouls and gamesmanship. Although neither side was blameless there.

58 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'd be inclined to start Slimani in this game. They will be expecting us to start Nacho. Be good to have more of a threat from set pieces as I reckon there will be a few.

I wouldn't, but as a call it's not a bad one. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench.

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Same team as yesterday. 5 days then until our next game. 

He’s already intimidated that Timmy won’t start and you could read into his comments that he may not start wilf either. We know vards has to manage his groin. Thankfully jonny’s back issues seem to have gone away.   It won’t be the same team ash ......

With our squad options I’d be inclined to go 3 at the back for this one. I wouldn’t in normal circumstances but I think it’ll be needed for balanced rotation. (3-4-2-1)

Kasper

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu 

JJ

Mendy 

Praet

Thomas

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho

That’s 7 changes, but still a team I’d expect to win the match. Vards, Madders etc available from the bench if needed, and little Wes to maybe share the 90 mins with Cags.

Ideally you’d rest Evans, but without him I worry for us defensively.

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s already intimidated that Timmy won’t start and you could read into his comments that he may not start wilf either. We know vards has to manage his groin. Thankfully jonny’s back issues seem to have gone away.   It won’t be the same team ash ......

If Thomas comes in for Timmy. Pappy for Wilf then I'd be happy. 

Too many changes against a Palace side who have just had 10 goals put past them in two games might give them the confidence to get a win.. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1