Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

With our squad options I’d be inclined to go 3 at the back for this one. I wouldn’t in normal circumstances but I think it’ll be needed for balanced rotation. (3-4-2-1)

Kasper

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu 

JJ

Mendy 

Praet

Thomas

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho

That’s 7 changes, but still a team I’d expect to win the match. Vards, Madders etc available from the bench if needed, and little Wes to maybe share the 90 mins with Cags.

Ideally you’d rest Evans, but without him I worry for us defensively.

...like Rodgers, everyone keeps putting Nacho as leading the line!!!

It is not his position, it's just nonsense to keep doing the same thing over and over,  he should be second striker or take up the "10 role" , why would you keep setting someone up to fail.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...like Rodgers, everyone keeps putting Nacho as leading the line!!!

It is not his position, it's just nonsense to keep doing the same thing over and over,  he should be second striker or take up the "10 role" , why would you keep setting someone up to fail.

I absolutely take your point, but what’s the alternative if we are to rest Vardy?

Perez isn’t an out-and-out striker, he’s better off someone as you say with Kelechi, Slimani has played about 10 mins all season, and we have no other real options for that position. 

11 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I absolutely take your point, but what’s the alternative if we are to rest Vardy?

Perez isn’t an out-and-out striker, he’s better off someone as you say with Kelechi, Slimani has played about 10 mins all season, and we have no other real options for that position. 

..a very interchangeable front line with Perez, Nacho and Barnes, teams would not know who to pick up!!!

• Like 2

Given the Owl has good recent history against us, too many changes might come to bite us on the bum.  They are going to be up for this, given their last two poor results. Take them likely at our peril.

• Like 2

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

It's not about the gap until the next game - it's the fact that they played 2 days before. I'm sure it will be a much-changed team.

New TG has more cyro Chambers than before, i believe each player has there own. 

We weren't allowed to use them at BD due to the number he have/had. Now it's a different story... quicker recovery ;)

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Although they'll have to rest a few as well no doubt?

I would hope so, and that said, we have the better fringe players to bring in.

For me, it's the players like Hamza and Nacho that we will probably play and that will really weaken us.

23 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I would hope so, and that said, we have the better fringe players to bring in.

For me, it's the players like Hamza and Nacho that we will probably play and that will really weaken us.

In his Leicester Career Haza has started in wins against Everton, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal twice plus loads of other "lesser" sides including in Europe this season where he has played very well.

I really don't think him starting against either a leggy or 2nd string Palace side will weaken us as much as your making out. 

Not expecting 9 changes this time, and I fully realise that selection will be based as much on what the medics & sports science say about those involved yesterday and those on the fringes or come back trail.

Subject to that, I’m expecting something like this: 

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Evans

Justin

Mendy 

Tielemans 

Thomas

Perez

Praet

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fofana, Fuchs, Castagne, Ndidi, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Barnes & one of Gray, Albrighton or Slimani (it’s play your wild card time of year!)

On 26/12/2020 at 15:49, deanolegend1989 said:

This is where I don’t understand this logic. Yes 48hours, but there is absolutely no point getting 4 points off spurs and Utd to then get 4 points out of 9 because your being naive.

We won’t win with some of the crap teams a lot of people want to see. We need to keep our spine as such or we’ll never win. Palace arnt some non league team.

Kasper

Justin Fofana Soyuncu Castange

Praet Ndidi Tielemens
            Under Nacho Barnes

We need to keep a majority in. Vardy probably needs resting. Bring him off the bench or maybe play him first half then take him off if leading.

Praet will play, Ndidi must play too. Tielemens is so crucial to us , he may need a rest but we struggle to really dictate when he’s not on that’s the problem.

Could play a 3 with Praet sitting with Ndidi and Madders in the hole.

Barnes Under Perez all fine options , do not an issue there.

At the back, depends how Evans is but probably best to rest. Soyuncu will play, as will Fofana and Justin. Maybe as a 3. Could do a back 5 of:

Castange Justin Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

that would give a bit more cover to help them all have less defensive work.

Lots of options but BR must not go too weak because it’s just a waste of energy.

If we were going to do that, I’d rather of just put the reserves out vs Utd and then gone full strength vs Palace and take a loss vs Utd to get 3 vs palace.

Its a must win game if we want to stick around the top 4.

Reading the 2 in bold, for somebody so confident in one's assertions, you really are a bit of a donut aren't you.

Forget the 6 pointer because games against mid table also rans are more important? Except for the fact we are now above man u still with as good a chance as.any of beating palace.

Obviously assuming br goes with your superior line of thought than the crap the others are putting out.

It's all about opinions, but considering you think yours is so obviously superior, it ain't half easy to pick holes in this shite.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

Totally agree with the comment above that I would not be keen on mass changes for this. Despite losing their last 2 badly these are no mugs, certainly streets better than that West Ham team who we beat with our reserves last Christmas.

Palace don't have a huge squad so I reckon they'll start the likes of Zaha and Eze. So I would definitely retain most of the same defence and Ndidi. We might need to rest Youri in favour of Praet and I'd go for a more attacking option than Albrighton this time so give Ünder another go. Would also be tempted to play Perez ahead of Maddison. If Vardy isn't able to start, I'd go for a 442 with a front 2 of Perez and Nacho; Nacho certainly can't start on his own up front. So maybe around 4 changes max.

• Like 1