Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

Just now, gurru991 said:

Cags & Wes both show potential to be leaders & I believe they will both progress in this area as the season progresses. 

Exactly. Leadership isn't just based on age. A good leader can be down to many other reasons too. There are also benefits to having younger players in your squad and we have reaped the rewards from that. This deal ticks more boxes than it doesn't IMO. Would be a smart move 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cheap, sensible deal but I wasn’t impressed with him at Liverpool. As a back up, fine, but if we get violated with injuries as usual and we have to rely on him we might regret this one.

Yet many Liverpool fans were

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Bit harsh as Evans was injured in the warm-up and even experienced pros would have struggled with that last minute spanner. 

No doubt Evans is a great organiser and leader, but Soyuncu is 25 now and has Kasper and other seasoned pros around him. 

I think Fofana and Soyuncu will actually prove to be a top pairing, and Kabak has already played in the Premier League and is a Turkish International. Hardly, inexperienced at this level, even if all 3 are 25 and under. 

What we need now is experience, leadership, winners, Rodgers admitted that himself. 

It’s been proven that Evans is the glue that holds the defence together, our stats when Evans, Fofana & Soyuncu started together were favourable.

With Soyuncu though, I just don’t see him as a leader, at times at the back end of last season, he looked fragile. For what was supposed to be a “darkhorse” Turkey side, at the Euros he didn’t fare much better.

Kabak is well rated, but at this moment in time he isn’t the type of defender we should be looking at. 

19 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Really?

All you need to do is look at the 4-2 defeats to Newcastle & Spurs last season.

They got exposed, because the key to our defence in Jonny Evans couldn’t play.

That’s why they need to be babysat for a reason, because as I said, Evans is the glue that holds them together.

It will be interesting if Rodgers see's Fofana and Soyuncu as a partnership that can flourish with one of them becoming the leader at the back. I don't think we can rely on Evans playing more than 30 games next season. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

God help us when Evans is out.

What we need is an experienced replacement who can step in, Kabak’s not the answer for that.

A centre back pairing of Soyuncu/Kabak or Fofana/Kabak has potential to be a nightmare.

Soyuncu isn't as young as remembered eh. He should be able to be a more calm head like Evans eventually 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What we need now is experience, leadership, winners, Rodgers admitted that himself. 

It’s been proven that Evans is the glue that holds the defence together, our stats when Evans, Fofana & Soyuncu started together were favourable.

With Soyuncu though, I just don’t see him as a leader, at times at the back end of last season, he looked fragile. For what was supposed to be a “darkhorse” Turkey side, at the Euros he didn’t fare much better.

Kabak is well rated, but at this moment in time he isn’t the type of defender we should be looking at. 

Loool we were playing with castagne as a cb in that game

22 minutes ago, matty98 said:

This could end up being a really good deal. He's got all the attributes and is only a year older than Fofana!

No idea how we're going to keep 4 very good CB's happy though.

Go full on Southgate 

Play 4 centre backs, 4 full backs and 2 defensive midfielders 

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but why is the logical conclusion to that signing Tarkowski?

26 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We need to win games - now - we need points. We are not an experiment or finishing school. We are a top six side and we are going to have to fight tooth and nail to stay there. We need experience in the team and Rodgers has more or less admitted that. I have no reason to doubt that in five years Kabak won't be a top-class CB ,if we stay top six we can buy him then.

We may be a top 6 side but we still don't have the financial resources of the other 5.  Our transfer dealings will still rely on picking up unfinished (hence cheaper) players with potential.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but why is the logical conclusion to that signing Tarkowski?

The way he’s been linked numerous times, he just seems to be the obvious long term replacement, hence the mention.

He’s got Premier League experience on his side, the other two categories not so much.

If we go for a CB with winning mentality, then you’d probably be looking at a stop gap signing.

36 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Saw the guy at Schalke, he was immense in a really poor side. What I saw at Liverpool was mixed. Sometimes really good, sometimes really s***

The miracle of Mistro Fofana aside. Coming into a Liverpool side midseason is a big ask for most players at this level. Besides if it doesn't work out its only 13 million and we can blame Congerton anyway.:)

He is a bit of a bargain at the quoted price. Will be surprised if a few other Premier League clubs aren't sniffing around this deal. 

Some may even offer him a starting place, so we may get trumped when comes down to it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The miracle of Mistro Fofana aside. Coming into a Liverpool side midseason is a big ask for most players at this level. Besides if it doesn't work out its only 13 million and we can blame Congerton anyway.:)

Bit of a side note but what happened to the lad from Preston? Didn’t see a minute did he? 

Edited by Lambert09

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Bit of a side note but what happened to the lad from Preston? Didn’t see a minute did he? 

Not one appearance.

3 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Maybe we're waiting to bring Tarky in for nowt next summer?

He will be very close to 30 (19-11-1992) next summer & will be looking for big money. There will be a line-up for him as a free but he will expect to be starting every week.

28 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Go full on Southgate 

Play 4 centre backs, 4 full backs and 2 defensive midfielders 

:fishing: you forgot. :whistle: