Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup - 4th & 5th Round Draw

53 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Has this forum changed from FoxesTalk to BielsaTalk ? Some of you seem far more concerned with what he’s up to at Elland Road than what Leicester are doing. 

This.

Am surprised that no one had posted something like Bielsa is a better coach than Rodgers etc.

35 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

This.

Am surprised that no one had posted something like Bielsa is a better coach than Rodgers etc.

In fairness, there's plenty of threads to discuss Leicester. In a thread dedicated to a competition where a Premier League club has just been humiliated by lower opposition, its no surprise who the main topic will be about...

I think the way Bielsa set up today was tactical genius. There's a lot that managers can learn from him but the pitch let him down today. He won't have to worry about the pitch at the Emirates soon though, his new office. :fishing:

Edited by adejo92

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

This.

To be honest I was looking at it on the flip side. All I’m seeing at the moment is people slating Bielsa and getting pissy about him getting nominated for a managerial award. A lot on here love talking about him, negatively and positively more than Leeds fans do. 

• Like 2

None of the stuff spoken around Bielsa is really his fault. He spoke well of Crowley and rightly said they deserved what they got from their second half performance. I don't think I've ever heard him say he's some managerial genius. Pep' and Leeds fans banged on about him as being some tactical genius and the pundits who're lazy and rarely do their homework just ran with it because they love to build people up so they can knock them down again.

We're no different. Has BR ever said he's just given a tactical masterclass. And yet it's an accusation some of us seem to bash him with given half a chance. 

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 2

I watched the Crawley v Leeds game yesterday and all credit to Crawley for taking their chances but Leeds were abysmal.

There's no way you can blame the Leeds Manager, He was simply let down by his players and mostly by a shocking display from Casillas in Goal.

The whole Leeds team should donate their salary this week to Charity.

Lets hope we get a good draw.

I don’t think anybody is really having a go  at Bielsa with all these: “... genius tactician” quips. It’s more a dig at the narrative that the pundits and media constantly choose.

In the same way that Derby County will now only be known as: “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County” for the duration of his stewardship. 

Everyone's salty Leeds and Bielsa are getting all the attention. We did have a season where the whole world stood and paid attention. Not that bothered that the media is keen on Bielsa and Leeds and Villa and Grealish atm. But then I don't watch the pre match commentary.

8 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

None of the stuff spoken around Bielsa is really his fault. He spoke well of Crowley and rightly said they deserved what they got from their second half performance. I don't think I've ever heard him say he's some managerial genius. Pep' and Leeds fans banged on about him as being some tactical genius and the pundits who're lazy and rarely do their homework just ran with it because they love to build people up so they can knock them down again.

We're no different. Has BR ever said he's just given a tactical masterclass. And yet it's an accusation some of us seem to bash him with given half a chance.