Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People obviously don't realise how football works. These lads train together, sleep in the same room, eat together, travel together, spend their free time together and sit in the changing rooms together. It's got piss all to do with not spreading COVID it's just to try and appease bet wetters like yourself. If it's that big of an issue then football should be stopped completely, COVID doesn't start suddenly spreading because you've scored a goal, even if it is a 30 yard screamer.

To be honest, it’s pretty clear to me from the amount of cases in football that Covid is very much an issue in football and so football probably should be stopped, and I expect might be before the season is out. Footballers have been fortunate to maintain their income and keep working, and mostly are in the privileged position to be earning a fortune in the process. Despite that there have been numerous cases of footballers flaunting the rules. To me not having celebrations where people are jumping all over each other is common sense right now. That said, even if it was purely down to optics, I’d still think it would be worth it to show a little respect to the  sacrifices everyone else has been making over the past year.

If that makes me a bed wetter then so be it.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Solid and hard thought win. Great to see to be honest, they'd have been a bigger threat with Inga of course but we handled them well second half. 

Impressed with Soyuncu, thought it was harsh on Fofana to take him off but worked out ok. 

Not Vardy best day, not just his finishing but lack of finesse was frustrating, just smacking it at defenders right in front of him. We need him against Chelsea though so fingers crossed.

Good all round performance.

Perhaps coincidence or the fact that we had the lead, but we did hold a far better shape with Cags on.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People obviously don't realise how football works. These lads train together, sleep in the same room, eat together, travel together, spend their free time together and sit in the changing rooms together. It's got piss all to do with not spreading COVID it's just to try and appease bet wetters like yourself. If it's that big of an issue then football should be stopped completely, COVID doesn't start suddenly spreading because you've scored a goal, even if it is a 30 yard screamer.

I think it's more to do with perception. What they do behind the cameras is what they do. Infront of them, hugging each other etc may, by some people, be seen as insensitive. For example some might have had loved ones that have passed and they didn't get the opportunity to hug them before etc. Not saying it's right or wrong but I'm sure most people realise how "football works" 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 4

I'm starting to think we've had Vardy's replacement sitting under our nose all along. 

It could be considered a risk moving him with how well he's playing but since discovering his shooting boots, Barnes would offer us something very similar to what Vardy does as an out and out striker. 

Playing on the shoulder, running in behind and using his pace to put pressure on the defenders. 

Sack getting a striker in. Get a left sided winger for back up when Harvey moves up top. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

They deserved a draw. They were better first half. Once we scored we were better. 

Not sure about this? They were better possibly first 25-30 mins but we still had some chances. Second half we were much the better team. I think most of their fans would also agree that the result was fair on reflection. 

• Like 1

That was a statement win. 

Southampton came strong and well drilled with an intense press, that was hard to handle especially in the 1st half. Then Maddison shows his quality scoring from that insane angle. 2nd half we stepped up and looked a lot stronger with great press and limiting Southampton to very few chances, combined with us getting the dangerous transitions going. Wilf was immense throughout and Cags was just what we needed at the right time. Fantastic win.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the game against a good team, said play to Southampton for playing the way they do too. We were fortunate Ings wasn't available today. We deserve credit for sorting it out defensively second half too, bit too open for my liking in the first 

Evans, Ndidi and Justin were class. Not sure out of the three who was motm. Tielemans also excellent with two assists. 

We made it difficult for ourselves though as we should have buried the game a lot quicker than we did. 

Players deserve the credit tonight though, hope we can take the same sort of performance Vs Chelsea, but take more of our chances

• Like 1

Superb game management in the second half won us that match. Southampton were the better team (despite being behind) in the first half and looked to have our number, but our hard press knocked them out of their stride and put us, not them, in control.

A half-decent Vardy would have saved us all the angst but he had one of those nights.

Soyuncu looked fantastic when he came on. Albrighton, Ndidi and Tielemans did what they do best, and Justin continues to make himself undroppable.

A great great win.

10 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

To be honest, it’s pretty clear to me from the amount of cases in football that Covid is very much an issue in football and so football probably should be stopped, and I expect might be before the season is out. Footballers have been fortunate to maintain their income and keep working, and mostly are in the privileged position to be earning a fortune in the process. Despite that there have been numerous cases of footballers flaunting the rules. To me not having celebrations where people are jumping all over each other is common sense right now. That said, even if it was purely down to optics, I’d still think it would be worth it to show a little respect to the  sacrifices everyone else has been making over the past year.

If that makes me a bed wetter then so be it.

I think you'd do more harm than good (stopping football that is) . Football is the national sport and in an age where things are pretty grim, for some people this is their escapism 

Unless obviously it becomes an issue for the safety of footballers. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Seconded.   I absolutely love how calm and laid back Cags was amongst all of lung bursting madness-  a truly ice cold Rolls Royce amongst the exhausted chaos!   

I agree. I'm a big fan, but even I had forgotten just how good he is.

Still can't get over having him and Ricardo on the bench. What an embarrassment of riches.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can only hope you're a viralogist or epidemologist , which I doubt, or live a long way from me. I only got BT sport going just too late to watch the Japanese Knee Ceremony but I did n't mind missing the rugby scrum. Peoples' lives are at stake here, not to mention football continuing. We know what Bill Shankly might have joked about that but like Jock Stein, and Dalgleish he knew what was really important. Everyone knows how football works , its taken as a role model for many. Sorry but I think we have to wonder why Britain is running level with the third world in practically all the statistics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Not sure about this? They were better possibly first 25-30 mins but we still had some chances. Second half we were much the better team. I think most of their fans would also agree that the result was fair on reflection. 

the guys on BT substuanted there first half dominance and as a neutral I think a draw is what is  agreed.