Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Stop trying to find something. He didn’t have much to do tonight but was a willing runner and did his job. I imagine he was just disappointed not to get the chance to redeem himself

It is what it is. Not trying to find something in nothing. He didn't celebrate the goal. He rarely does if you look into it. He's not suited to be a Leicester player and that's that in my opinion. Doing his job? He hasn't done that for a long time to any degree of success. That's why he rarely plays. 

7 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Loved that press second half. Really kept them in their half of the pitch. Barnes should absolutely not be made into a central player as some want, why move him when's he's scoring so well from there, get vardy firing on all cylinders or whoever comes next and we'll have so many threats in the team.

Vardy had a great game to be fair. He got himself into opportunities he was not entitled to. He was let down by teammates with poor final pass (including that wonderful opportunity for a counter that Maddison squandered (compare to Tielemans’ pass to Barnes for the second!), a few misplaced passes from Barnes and a square pass Perez should have made (Perez was not offside)). 

Edited by Tom12345

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, hejammy said:

It is what it is. Not trying to find something in nothing. He didn't celebrate the goal. He rarely does if you look into it. He's not suited to be a Leicester player and that's that in my opinion. Doing his job? He hasn't done that for a long time to any degree of success. That's why he rarely plays. 

It kind of seems like you are as you based your whole response to a great win around the guy who came on in the 91st minute

Huge difference this season compared to last at this stage with us coming into good form and having nearly a fully fit squad. Last season our form faltered and injuries hampered any revival. Really excited for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Comfortable in the end, good win with a solid, if unspectacular performance. Fofana was all over the place but when Soyuncu came on we tightened up and never looked in much danger.

Didnt think they were as good as BT’s fawning would have you believe. Yeah they press well and made it messy first half but didn’t have much end product at all

• Like 1

Defended really well I felt, really entertaining game, both teams open and going for it, Southampton really are a cracking team to watch, very very big win tonight

My MOTM undoubtedly was Wilf, absolute Monster everywhere, wins tackles that really physics say he shouldnt, you know hes the main man when hardly anyone mentions how much we miss Kante anymore, Wilf is without doubt one of the most valuable players ive seen at our club

Good solid performance and game management in the 2nd half against a decent side. Can rotate a little if needs be on Tuesday so plenty of positives, think my biggest dilemma tonight is the scouse question always thought Carragher was the arsehole pundit from Liverpool but McManaman has got to be up with him, chats utter bob

@worthosoriginalsas per the limited intelligence of self improvement.  Just cus you had a first half where the odds say we should not.  However intelligent people made some changes for us to succeed

However we were shit first half regardless of the goal.  Any person about improving themselves would always look to improve.  Too many peeps talk shit about being happy about the norm, I'm sure Brendan would be about the improvements rather them the norm.

Southampton were very solid, could have gone either way.

First half Leicester were ok, Southampton well placed to take lead earlier on. Too many passes given away.

Seconf half, Leicester pressed them, good tactic, which made us look and act stronger.

Good win against a good top half team.