Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

In fact, with the luxury of a great win behind us, I'd say that's probably the best individual defensive performance against Vardy from Bednarek. Can't remember the last time I saw a centre-back shackle Vardy that well, I'd go as far as to say Vardy was in his pocket most of the night.

• Like 2

Just now, Bryn said:

In fact, with the luxury of a great win behind us, I'd say that's probably the best individual defensive performance against Vardy from Bednarek. Can't remember the last time I saw a centre-back shackle Vardy that well, I'd go as far as to say Vardy was in his pocket most of the night.

Personally disagree, JV had about three openings and two unchallenged headers 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats

Great win that.

I know the celebrations thing has divided opinions, but personally I’m pleased to see our players taking the message on board. For me another thing to be proud of our club for.

Solid and hard thought win. Great to see to be honest, they'd have been a bigger threat with Inga of course but we handled them well second half. 

Impressed with Soyuncu, thought it was harsh on Fofana to take him off but worked out ok. 

Not Vardy best day, not just his finishing but lack of finesse was frustrating, just smacking it at defenders right in front of him. We need him against Chelsea though so fingers crossed.

Good all round performance.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It wasn't the real Vadry but yes the CB played very well.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally disagree, JV had about three openings and two unchallenged headers 

Yeah, he had two or three really good chances (or some that you'd expect him to score with his quality). But he's dragged us along so many times that I'll let him off and great that others stepped up.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Shame his defensive partner was Jack Stephens. He was at fault for both goals.

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

Seconded.   I absolutely love how calm and laid back Cags was amongst all of lung bursting madness-  a truly ice cold Rolls Royce amongst the exhausted chaos!   

He was what we needed when Southampton kept finding holes through the middle. Fofana had a good game today, but he dashed forward a bit too often (looked good on the eyes and applied good pressure) and left (and did leave) us a little vulnerable to counter attacks. Closed that up after Cags came on. He did a good turn too.  Good to have him back.

• Like 3