Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

11 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Now, after that performance, will the sports journalists start taking the Foxes seriously. Outstanding.

Only reluctantly. They'll always prefer to talk about their favourites but it's all the more enjoying to make them uncomfortable. 

The discussion about what else does Maddison have to do to get in the England squad was interesting. All they needed to say was change your name to Mason Mount and play for Chelsea. Simples. 

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Solid and hard thought win. Great to see to be honest, they'd have been a bigger threat with Inga of course but we handled them well second half. 

Impressed with Soyuncu, thought it was harsh on Fofana to take him off but worked out ok. 

Not Vardy best day, not just his finishing but lack of finesse was frustrating, just smacking it at defenders right in front of him. We need him against Chelsea though so fingers crossed.

Good all round performance.

Not sure I agree regarding Vardy. He had a good game. Got himself into so many good positions to enable half chances. He was let down by teammates with the final ball, like that brilliant but missed opportunity for a free run on goal if Maddison had passed it early and straight down the middle instead of taking him wide. Compare that to the pass from Tielemans to Barnes at the end - Vardy would have smashed one in too.

Horrible to watch and wasted chance after chance, was adament we'd throw it away

That being said, I feel over the game we were the better team eventually, and we've beaten a solid team that since we rolled em over have been the 4th best team in league.. Great three points.. Coyb

Enjoyed that, thought we were very good.

Rodgers didn't seem too impressed with the first 25, said we were too passive, gotta say I didn't notice and as everyone knows i'm super critical of passive and overplaying, we probably should have scored more than we did given our chances, but in terms of our play from start to finish I thought it was great.

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

It is what it is. Not trying to find something in nothing. He didn't celebrate the goal. He rarely does if you look into it. He's not suited to be a Leicester player and that's that in my opinion. Doing his job? He hasn't done that for a long time to any degree of success. That's why he rarely plays. 

He did. He went over and congratulated Barnes. You might have missed that.

Edited by Tom12345

They started off very fast and got in our faces which put us under pressure but we withstood it really and grew into the game. Second half we were dominant and they were reliant on their counters. Played some lovely stuff, worked some great openings. Two lovely great composed finishes and a clean sheet. N’Didi and Tielemans were absolutely immense. 

• Like 3

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We must continue with the social distancing celebrations otherwise football will be stopped apparently. ****ing mental:frusty:

Is it mental? We are in a global pandemic. People have made some pretty big sacrifices over the past year. Having to celebrate responsibly is a pretty trivial one. It baffles me that people could be upset about this

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Enjoyed that, thought we were very good.

Rodgers didn't seem too impressed with the first 25, said we were too passive, gotta say I didn't notice and as everyone knows i'm super critical of passive and overplaying, we probably should have scored more than we did given our chances, but in terms of our play from start to finish I thought it was great.

That's a great post. I thought we dealt with the problems Southampton presented calmly, but it never felt like a goal against was inevitable. We weren't great in possession for the first 30 but the second half was pretty much all us.

• Like 1

First half was strange because I felt we were a bit off the pace and saints looked a little sharper, yet at the same time I still thought we had control of the game and were the more likely team to score. I think it comes down to having wilf back in the team, even though there were a few loose passes he just brings such reassurance and much needed steel to the team. I also have to give a lot of credit to albrighton, I hadn’t written him off at the beginning of the season, but I did feel that he should no longer be starting games. Arguably this is his most consistent and best run of form in his lcfc career. And again so impressed with JJ, gets better and better with each game. 🦊

I thought it was an exciting game from start to finish. Southampton came out flying, but we dealt with it, created a few chances ourselves and took the lead. Second half we just managed them, controlled the flow of the game and limited them to a few breaks. Apart from a speculative effort that hit the bar they never really looked like scoring despite some very good approach play. 

Damn, wish I was out in Leicester tonight!

That just felt huge in a way I’ve not really felt since the title season really.

Also, not felt since since that season at about 60 mins we were going to be solid enough to see out the game. Against a good side we could have won by three or four in the end, even if the missed chances made it slightly more nervous than it should.

Second at the half way stage again, but this time it feels like the best is yet to come as the side continues to gel and hopefully we’ll have better luck with injuries down the stretch.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

McManaman really fvcking hates us being up there doesn't he lol

Yes. But hey, he'll always be remembered for dribbling the ball 25 yards only to be completely blown off of it to the commentator's OTT yells of "McManaman.....ohhh" when playing for England. And never winning a PL title.

He's just jealous.