Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

Just now, SkidsFox said:

You're assuming he won't play for half of next season. I'm trying to be optimistic here and hope he's over his injury spell. If he can stay fit for much of the season he can  set the league alight, and then he will attract suitors if we fail to get promotion. I agree it's not so good if he still struggles with injuries.

All evidence suggests the contrary. Sorry about that. Ricardo is a lovely player and a beautiful bloke, but he is an injury disaster. 

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I love Riccy P seems a really level headed and down to earth footballer. Wouldn’t be overly surprised if he and Vardy renegotiated a heavily reduced salary to £30k but with a £2.5 -£3m promotion bonus and stay with us 

Can't afford to lose Ricardos 10 game a season contribution! 

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I love Riccy P seems a really level headed and down to earth footballer. Wouldn’t be overly surprised if he and Vardy renegotiated a heavily reduced salary to £30k but with a £2.5 -£3m promotion bonus and stay with us 

In this day and age of the blood sucking power agents etc can’t see many players willingly choosing to taking a financial hit because of the predicament the club finds itself in. 
Not to mention Vardy coming towards the end of his career and having all the court shit to pay for last year.

End of the day it’s work and a job.

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

In this day and age of the blood sucking power agents etc can’t see many players willingly choosing to taking a financial hit because of the predicament the club finds itself in. 
Not to mention Vardy coming towards the end of his career and having all the court shit to pay for last year.

End of the day it’s work and a job.

...if memory serves, Tigers players negotiated new contracts that reduced their income but sought to defer payments for a later date!!!

Manu Tuilangi did not want to commit to that and eventually ended up going to Sale Sharks.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if memory serves, Tigers players negotiated new contracts that reduced their income but sought to defer payments for a later date!!!

Manu Tuilangi did not want to commit to that and eventually ended up going to Sale Sharks.

Manu Tuilagi is an utter cock womble though. That’s an interesting bit of info, I wasn’t aware of that.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Class player when he’s fit let’s hope he gets through pre season this year.

I suspect he’ll be signed by someone else, can’t really afford his wages even with a potential reduction of 50% in the championship 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Thought Periera was the worst performer yesterday and hasn’t impressed me at all in the inverted role 

He lacks ability to turn when receiving the ball from defence 

He's been poor the last two league games given what we have seen from him at the highest level of football. 

He's sacrificing his talent as an elite full back for this team and system and over the course of the season, he'll have been invaluable to us. 

Anyone considered that in this role he might not run as much and its less rigorous on his body? 

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'd say he's been poor but the role he now plays does completely nullify one of the key things that made him such a good player for us. In this inverted role he isn't required to make the runs and overlaps that used to be so effective in the attack so it feels like we're not utilising a great  asset there. But he's level headed and technically above other players. Like Ric says it might also be part preservation given his injury record. And let's not forget, he, like everyone else, is getting used to a new system and way to play. His is arguably the biggest change of all.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been poor the last two league games given what we have seen from him at the highest level of football. 

He's sacrificing his talent as an elite full back for this team and system and over the course of the season, he'll have been invaluable to us. 

Anyone considered that in this role he might not run as much and its less rigorous on his body? 

It’s the only way he extends his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happy85 said:

Thought Periera was the worst performer yesterday and hasn’t impressed me at all in the inverted role 

He lacks ability to turn when receiving the ball from defence 

He was the weakest performer and if you were the opposition, you would target Riccy P to rob the ball from over Winks. I still think he's quite good in the role in terms of progressive passes, but it's the most obvious weak point in the setup so far. It's a new role for him though so give him some more time. He's not been horrendous. Compare his match to Kyle Walker-Peters for example.

Also to give him his dues, in the second half when we were more defensive and he was playing more at RB, he did nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another thing to consider, maybe he enjoys the new position? He sees more of the ball and helps build the attacks. This role right now is one of the "coolest" things to do in football, so learning the role under a coach who has had such success is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity. If Man City or Arsenal had injuries I could even see them signing Riccy P as cover, Arsenal lost Jurien Timber who was going to be their inverted RB. He's got the technical skill to do it, and the football intelligence.

For the less rigorous part, that's a very good point. Many players have to adapt their game as they get older, and it can extend their careers. Andrea Pirlo was a better player in his 30's than his 20's when he moved to the deep lying playmaker role. Not a bad thing to consider for a player like him that has had so many injuries. 

Don't think he was too bad yesterday. 

I think everyone expects him to just advance constantly. But he's like the 'spare' man in the middle which allows Winks to control the play more. Pereira is the option to pass to when the necessity to pass to Winks isn't possible. 

He'll be solid and effective if not entertaining. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...