Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting he came on at RW. Wonder if Rodgers sees him as back-up to Tete primarily, instead of back-up to Castagne at RB...

I suspect more likely on RW to get him some pitch minutes without having him face a barrage in his first game back. He will go back to RWB when fully fit and will likely take Castagnes place. No Language barrier between Ricky and Tete either - they could potentially form one of the greatest right-side partnerships we've ever had.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting he came on at RW. Wonder if Rodgers sees him as back-up to Tete primarily, instead of back-up to Castagne at RB...

Probably both but if he gets his 2019 form back then he could be contention for starting. Moved well and looked quite sharp when he came on. Great to see him back on the pitch. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gravel said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64747823

Nice interview on the BBC including video.

Ricardo full of charm and class as ever 

That's a really decent piece. Has to be one of our most likeable players of recent times. We've missed him massively. 

That said, I'll be looking away every time he makes a tackle from now on. Not ever expecting the return of peak Ricky P but ain't it great to see him back. 

Nice to see him start again but he was every bit as bad as Amartey and Thomas, massively at fault for their 2nd and always out of position leaving their dangerous winger free reign all game.

Most of this probably comes down to our idiot pep wanabee manager who seemed to be trying to play him as an inverted CM which did not work in the slightest and left Amartey criminally exposed all game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Nice to see him start again but he was every bit as bad as Amartey and Thomas, massively at fault for their 2nd and always out of position leaving their dangerous winger free reign all game.

Most of this probably comes down to our idiot pep wanabee manager who seemed to be trying to play him as an inverted CM which did not work in the slightest and left Amartey criminally exposed all game.

it’s amazing how people see the game differently as I thought he was probably our best player before getting whipped… looked tidy on the ball, won his tackles and tried to get forward, like you say it did seem like Rodgers tried to go for a pep/arteta approach in having him playing more centrally at times but that’s not on him! To put his performance in the same bracket as Amartey and Thomas slightly blows my mind lol 

• Thanks 1

I thought he did well yesterday. Yes he is a little rusty but thats hardly surprising! He showed guts and determination. He tried to push forward and wasn't afraid to get stuck in and tackle, which given his injury history shows real mental strength.  

Welcome back Ricky P! 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Said this at the time. Brainless management as you have Tete wanting to cut inside too so they both end up in the same spot.

Ricardo is/was such a high level player that he knows when to drift inside or when to go on the overlap. Leave him to it and you'd still get similar results without artificially ruining the balance of the side.

• 2 months later...

I though Ricardo's statement showed a bit of class yesterday

Eventually a player accepting some responsibility.

Make me think he is open to staying

I personally would just like him to stay fit and return to his previous level even if it is not with us

If an offer comes in then yes he may go

But with his contract, wage and injury record he may end up staying

And that would not be a bad thing especially if staying injury free

One of the few players who hasn't been criticised for lack of effort

I would also think we should try him higher up the park RW more often

• Like 1

We've messed up as regards the contract situation with some players, but by chance I think we've done ok after all as regards Ricky. He'd be a definite asset to the team for getting us out of the Championship, but if a Premier club does want to buy him we can charge a decent transfer fee as he's under contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

We've messed up as regards the contract situation with some players, but by chance I think we've done ok after all as regards Ricky. He'd be a definite asset to the team for getting us out of the Championship, but if a Premier club does want to buy him we can charge a decent transfer fee as he's under contract.

Even with a % decrease, his salary is far too high for someone who won’t play for half of next season. I’m not sure who would be looking to buy him?

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Even with a % decrease, his salary is far too high for someone who won’t play for half of next season. I’m not sure who would be looking to buy him?

You're assuming he won't play for half of next season. I'm trying to be optimistic here and hope he's over his injury spell. If he can stay fit for much of the season he can  set the league alight, and then he will attract suitors if we fail to get promotion. I agree it's not so good if he still struggles with injuries.