Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread - 31/01/2021

1 minute ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Poor pass from Maddison, he also has to take some blame.

An attacking midfielder isn't always going to be successful in their passes, it shouldn't result in a goal though if we're in the oppositions half, it's really not madders fault

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Its not a case of that, and I'm not his biggest fan, but he was being targeted less than 10 minutes into the game despite others playing much worse.

Much of the time it's a bandwagon trend to slate him.

Maddison and Perez are trying to occupy the same space and both are suffering because of it.

Perez has very rarely displayed a reason for playing him up front and all he can do, with his lack of pace, is hold it up and lay it off. 

For him to fcuk up his first go at that when under no pressure at all clearly showed how he was about to play and he needs an unprecedented turnaround to rescue this. I suspect he'll be off for Iheanacho soon though. 

Edited by Flappit

Mendy getting by passed a bit too easy, looks skakey today, kasper standout player for me for his saves, Barnes playing well enough and did brilliantly for his goal, could go either way this one, disappointing to conceded straight after we scored, been defensively solid last month or so, so to see us cut open that easily was gutting 

Missed the 1st half - how are we looking? Seems from comments that we're second best, but ft match threads are always full of over reaction..

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

How do you work that out? They played well Leeds but are only drawing still and gave chances away, we can easily win this even if Leeds do play well. 

I mean they’ve done exactly what they wanted to do and they’ve turned the game in to a basketball match and we’ve let them. 

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Its not a case of that, and I'm not his biggest fan, but he was being targeted less than 10 minutes into the game despite others playing much worse.

Much of the time it's a bandwagon trend to slate him.

Perez does get alot of stick, but I have noticed he isnt aggressive in anyway shape or form, and is easily muscled out of play, be nice too see him get a bit more scrappy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Hes been brilliant today. Other than Kasper he has been our best player. Given the ball away over 10 times? Dont over exaggerate to try and make a point. 

Even the commentators said he gave it away alot.

Don't try and Under exaggerate to make your point sound more valid than my point.

Take him off put under on and we win.

Edited by Fox85

Real lack of pace. Wilf and Vardy were perfect for this game. Madders and Perez too similar and need some direction at ht. 

I'd go 352 for more pace and better chance of defending (maybe even attacking) set pieces.

Wes   Evans    Soyuncu

Riccy       Mendy     Youri       JJ

Under    Perez    Barnes 

• Like 1

Can Leeds keep up the 5 players swarming to the ball for the second half? If so it's a loss/draw. 

If not (or we play faster passes and not backwards) then we win. 

Simples!

• Like 1

Just now, Fktf said:

Missed the 1st half - how are we looking? Seems from comments that we're second best, but ft match threads are always full of over reaction..

Very even contest. Both have put the ball in the net for offside too. Leeds playing with a bit more gusto but we’re certainly doing okay. Kasper has made a couple of very smart saves too.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

An attacking midfielder isn't always going to be successful in their passes, it shouldn't result in a goal though if we're in the oppositions half, it's really not madders fault

I agree but would you be so forgiving if Perez had given it away :D

Just now, sdb said:

Real lack of pace. Wilf and Vardy were perfect for this game. Madders and Perez too similar and need some direction at ht. 

I'd go 352 for more pace and better chance of defending (maybe even attacking) set pieces.

Wes   Evans    Soyuncu

Riccy       Mendy     Youri       JJ

Under    Perez    Barnes 

Exactly what I’m thinking.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

I think Albrighton has been fine, great run at one point. I mean fine bring Under on, but it won't change anything massively. We need focal point up front, the wingers are fine.

I disagree. He hasn't even had an average half. I don't blame him because this isn't the style of game he thrives in. We need someone quicker and more dynamic than a work horse. 

He can play poorly but still not be bad, I dont see the issue beyond you just seemingly don't rate Ünder which is fine. But Albrighton can still also have a bad game. 

Just now, Fktf said:

Could be better. We struggle with their high intensity and very active pressing all over the pitch. 

I trust in the players to react and respond better to it in the 2nd half. We do need to be careful about their midfield runs from deep, though. A few times they've got through and Kasper has saved us. 

Definitely need to be sharper and quicker with the passing to get round their press. Need our creative players to get going quickly - Barnes and Maddison especially.