Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread - 31/01/2021

Wrong approach for a game like this, too much of a basketball game for my liking, Leeds have killed us with their press, we’re lucky to still be in it.

More pace the better, Perez and Albrighton are not suited for a game like this.

Brendan needs to earn his coin at HT, important team talk coming up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Poor first half, Maddisons set pieces need to improve. Crap defending for their goal as well.

I struggle to see what Perez offers, it's not a lot whatever it is!

Main thing is we're still in the game, no reason we can't win this.

Good First half...

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Overrun in midfield without Ndidi in there and don't have the back 5 to counter that. I hope we keep our bottle and don't change into that at half time, be patient and we can win this game. Defend well and chances will come.

There is no doubt that Ndidi is indispensable to this team and system. Mendy is an able deputy but today looks right off it.

7 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Careful. @adejo92 and @Dahnsouff don't like Perez being criticised. He's a complete waste of space in that position though, I agree with you. 

Its not a case of that, and I'm not his biggest fan, but he was being targeted less than 10 minutes into the game despite others playing much worse.

Much of the time it's a bandwagon trend to slate him.

Edited by adejo92

Be in trouble if we don't get the next goal. Getting over run in midfield time and again. Really miss Wilf when we play a back four without him. Can't get into stride as Leeds just don't stop shutting us down.

Does anyone know whether Castagne is injured or he just got substituted because Rodgers did not like his performance?

Our defense is a bit leaky and set plays still look vulnerable against us while our set plays continue to be wasted.

Albrighton has been a bright spark although I feel like Under needs to come on again at some stage to provide something different.

Just now, Col city fan said:

He’s clearly a number 10 and needs to play off an out and out striker. 
Perez is a clever player who will link up play nicely and create space for other players.

But shoving him up top isn’t right imo.

Was going to post exactly this. He's linked play nicely at times. Far from our worst.

People are suggesting that Under should come on for Albrighton, yet Albrighton has been one of our better players.

Maybe later to add energy, but taking Albrighton off now ain't the answer.

• Like 2

What frustrates me about Perez is that he holds it up but holds it too long looking for ‘That Pass’ which isn’t there or he gets dispossessed rather than doing the simple pass and keeping momentum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

He’s clearly a number 10 and needs to play off an out and out striker. 
Perez is a clever player who will link up play nicely and create space for other players.

But shoving him up top isn’t right imo.

Agree with this in the main but Perez can play up there, the key is when he does is to get the wide players to play further in and closer to him so they can link up and interchange, that's not really happened.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Wrong approach for a game like this, too much of a basketball game for my liking, Leeds have killed us with their press, we’re lucky to still be in it.

More pace the better, Perez and Albrighton are not suited for a game like this.

Brendan needs to earn his coin at HT, important team talk coming up.

Why brendan didnt go with the 3 4-2-1 he put in place in leeds beyond me

He has given them the basketball game they loved, and it doesnt suit the lads

bielsa won that tatical battle first half for me.