Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Sky Deadline Day Special

44 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

The fact Ozil has gone to a club knowingly they have no money and needs it's fans to pay for his wages sums up the type person he is.

....he gets to go home, very patriotic, I suspects he will feel loved now he is in Turkey!!!

Can't say much for someone pushing a club to its limit financially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Tuned in to this earlier to see what was happening. Bryan Swanson has one facial expression and one tone of voice that never goes above or below the usual.

I've noticed they've started slowing down and even unnecessarily extending their sentences. "Liverpool and Jurgan Klopp have gone in for not 1 central defender, but 2 central defenders"

thats why we will never be a top six side. every chance for top four finish problem is we havent got any half decent strikers available for the next two games. and even possibly for the euro games. cant even make a loan deal cause Rodgers wont admit that the purchase of Perez wasnt one of the biggest scams Newcastle pulled off this century.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

thats why we will never be a top six side. every chance for top four finish problem is we havent got any half decent strikers available for the next two games. and even possibly for the euro games. cant even make a loan deal cause Rodgers wont admit that the purchase of Perez wasnt one of the biggest scams Newcastle pulled off this century.

calm down man. we probably didnt have much in the way of funds available, given january is a famously expensive window...

25 minutes ago, surrifox said:

So that’s it - I assume that the window is not shut for out of contract players and loans from EFL clubs ?

No but I'm sure the wuropa league deadline is tomorrow so it is quite obvious we aren't looking at anyone. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, whitwickfox said:

Look at all those other clubs signing players as well.

Can’t believe that we are still in three chances of silver ware , yet we can’t make one signing that could deliver us at least one title , the money out layed would have been recouped if we won one title . Either the board or Rodgers need to explain to the fans why we can’t sign anyone . 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Can’t believe that we are still in three chances of silver ware , yet we can’t make one signing that could deliver us at least one title , the money out layed would have been recouped if we won one title . Either the board or Rodgers need to explain to the fans why we can’t sign anyone . 

It’s likely the players we wanted simply were not available. All the links we had to potential first framers have stayed put, it’s not often you get gems like Youri in January, a loan more for someone like Eriksen proved that we were after someone established at top level football, the fact we’ve been looking at Chalobah and AMN would suggest none of our targets were available, so we’ve probably just gone with managers recommendations as a last gasp attempt. We’ve just got to hope we don’t lose either Wilf or Vardy for a whole season. 

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s likely the players we wanted simply were not available. All the links we had to potential first framers have stayed put, it’s not often you get gems like Youri in January, a loan more for someone like Eriksen proved that we were after someone established at top level football, the fact we’ve been looking at Chalobah and AMN would suggest none of our targets were available, so we’ve probably just gone with managers recommendations as a last gasp attempt. We’ve just got to hope we don’t lose either Wilf or Vardy for a whole season. 

Players were not available or attainable? I think we have to try and come to terms with that we just simply haven’t got the funds to go and get the player(s). 

Josh King was available to the end of the season - Everton haven’t gone out and given him a 5 year contract. Rapid, can play in the right forward position or up front I believe. 

Like someone said before, we won’t break into being a top 4/top 6 team on a consistent basis because we just quite simply don’t have the pull or the money. People can say about this amazing training ground all they want. That won’t attract the calibre of player were all talking about if we’re sitting mid table. 

As many of said - Vardy or Wilf get a serious injury now this second half of the season - kiss goodbye to top 6. That’s the reality of our situation. Playing every 3 days - you tell me if Vardy can cope with that? No chance 

BR said the striker hunt waits till the summer - that’s fair enough. But has anyone considered that we massively damage our pulling power if we can’t offer European football? Edouard, Ings? It won’t happen. Then, all of a sudden we fall out of that top 6 category after doing so so well to get ourselves in that position. It seems so risky to me 

Big big few months coming up. 

• Like 1

I hope the club is as frustrated as we are this morning. Surely they were in for a striker somewhere in this window. Even Carragher could see our problem on Sunday. Just hope Brendan admits we made enquiries when asked why Iheanacho hit his next shot out for a throw! 

41 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

Players were not available or attainable? I think we have to try and come to terms with that we just simply haven’t got the funds to go and get the player(s). 

Josh King was available to the end of the season - Everton haven’t gone out and given him a 5 year contract. Rapid, can play in the right forward position or up front I believe. 

Like someone said before, we won’t break into being a top 4/top 6 team on a consistent basis because we just quite simply don’t have the pull or the money. People can say about this amazing training ground all they want. That won’t attract the calibre of player were all talking about if we’re sitting mid table. 

As many of said - Vardy or Wilf get a serious injury now this second half of the season - kiss goodbye to top 6. That’s the reality of our situation. Playing every 3 days - you tell me if Vardy can cope with that? No chance 

BR said the striker hunt waits till the summer - that’s fair enough. But has anyone considered that we massively damage our pulling power if we can’t offer European football? Edouard, Ings? It won’t happen. Then, all of a sudden we fall out of that top 6 category after doing so so well to get ourselves in that position. It seems so risky to me 

Big big few months coming up. 

Re funding all we can do is speculate, any lack of funding will be entirely Covid related due to the fact we’re a self sufficient club. 

The targets we had were more than likely unenviable. We were linked to several over seas players, and they were good links too, and you don’t tend to get these types of players unless they’re out of favour or demanding to leave. Youri was out of favour when we signed him, and it was just our luck that his fork was probably more to do with Monaco’s situation than it was his own ability, so that was an absolute Gem. 

This window was going to be tough, the summer window will probably also be tough. We we’re probably trying to negotiate loans to buy, like we have done with Under for our long term targets but that doesn’t benefit their current club unless the said target is out of favour, like Under was. So, we needed a body and it was clear that when Chalobah and AMN names popped up these were probably “managers alternatives”, as Brendan will have a say.

Its been a disappointing window, but it has for everyone, and we can’t compare ourselves to other teams because the players they sign may not fit the profile we want here, so we won’t sign them.

Our success hinges on our best players being available, N’didi and Vardy are the two world class players in our team, and they improve us that much, that we become a top four side, without them, top 10 is probably our level, it’s that simple I’m afraid, and if they both get injured again, well... frankly I’m not sure what will happen. 

• Like 1

This is 2 January windows in a row when we have been in contention of a top 4 place and haven't signed anyone. It cost us last time, big time. If it does again it becomes a pattern.

There was tonnes of talk of signing Edouarde and then there was a statement from Lennon that nobody had bothered bidding. It is more than frustrating because we've had it painfully demonstrated to us what an injury crisis does to Top 4 ambitions and we've sailed through a window without a singing with 2 of our key players out injured. 

History is doomed to repeat itself to those who fail to learn from it.

I do understand that January is a sellers market and this has been a particularly boring window but I don't accept that there wasn't value out there for those willing to lay out a bit of cash. We've freed up tonnes of wages in the last 12 months.