Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham vs LCFC - Match Thread - 03/02/2021

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I imagine the finish will boost his confidence no end anyway. It'd be so good to have Ricardo at 100% heading into a busy part of the season.

Agree mate I can see castagne finding it hard to get back in if that's the case, with Justin doing well, aswell.

The way it looks and we subbed, we will soak a lot of pressure in final 15 minutes. 

It shouldn't be the this way though. We should keep the ball in opposition half as much as we can. The best defence is attacking and dominating.

This is not the way how the champion plays.

This is not the way how the winners plays.

• Haha 1

Just now, kiwiturk said:

The way it looks and we subbed, we will soak a lot of pressure in final 15 minutes. 

It shouldn't be the this way though. We should keep the ball in opposition half as much as we can. The best defence is attacking and dominating.

This is not the way how the champion plays.

This is not the way how the winners plays.

2015/16 season disagrees with you

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Where the **** does this notion that Under guarentees goals come from? lol

The fact that he never plays, but when he does, he's very direct.

He's likely to get a lot more goals than Albrighton should he have anywhere near as much playing time. Yes Albrighton brings a lot more work rate and defensive work but that's not been needed in this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I like Under. I think he's an exciting player and I want him to play. 

But we all know there's nothing complex about it, Rodgers wants his players to retain possession and always take the option that's best for the team. 

Under dribbles when he should should pass and shoots when it isn't on. He comes on looking every time like he's trying to impress the manage with how much he can do on his own when the irony is that what the manager most wants to see is him linking up with the team. 

He's provided a couple of great assists in some few flash moments but he's also blazed a lot of pointless shots straight at defenders who clearly had a block on. 

But the point is its chicken and egg situation. BR gives him 10 mins usually. Obviously he's going to try and do as much as he can to convince BR he should start and you can't do that in 10 mins by "doing what's best for the team" probably. He always wants a goal or an assist and in 10 mins he has to push for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How can we reel someone in when we're ahead of them? Commentator says we have to reel Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd in...? 

Commentators just say shit soundbites. They don't think about the actual "fact" of what they're saying. It's media, it's hollow and generally meaningless.

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

But the point is its chicken and egg situation. BR gives him 10 mins usually. Obviously he's going to try and do as much as he can to convince BR he should start and you can't do that in 10 mins by "doing what's best for the team" probably. He always wants a goal or an assist and in 10 mins he has to push for that. 

For what it's worth I agree and I'm disappointed by how little he's played but I assume he must be the same in training too. 

Rodgers clearly just isn't that impressed. There's no use getting attached, we clearly aren't going to sign him. 

• Like 1