Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Wilf is a million times better than both of them.

Who are you battling with here on this point?

Literally no-one disputes this. It's like you're creating an argument in your own head just to make some points no-one has any arguments over lol.

Also, not every loss is down to Mendy being in the side. Not every win is down to Mendy not being in the side. You show your own (clear) bias when you bring up those as the main stats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who are you battling with here on this point?

Literally no-one disputes this. It's like you're creating an argument in your own head just to make some points no-one has any arguments over lol.

Also, not every loss is down to Mendy being in the side. Not every win is down to Mendy not being in the side. You show your own (clear) bias when you bring up those as the main stats.

The stats are the truth. You can’t argue them because they are true. There’s a clear pattern that we’re run over with Mendy in the middle. We are better with Hamza in and BR knows now.

The sooner we get rid of Mendy the better as he’s not good enough.

Just now, StanSP said:

That's incredibly biased though. We didn't lose just because of Mendy, which is what you're angling at. Likewise we have never, ever won a game just because/in spite of any other player. 

I'm not arguing with the stats of winning the games in isolation. I'm arguing with the premises you use constantly just to suit your own blatant agenda.

Agreed. Stats only take you so far, how about sitting down and watching a game properly for yourself. Eg Leeds. Mendy was not the reason we lost that game

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's incredibly biased though. We didn't lose just because of Mendy, which is what you're angling at. Likewise we have never, ever won a game just because/in spite of any other player. 

I'm not arguing with the stats of winning the games in isolation. I'm arguing with the premises you use constantly just to suit your own blatant agenda.

As I said, it’s a huge curve of proof that as soon as he comes in we do worse. He doesn’t protect Tielemens and he gets run over by every team we play against, he’s not fit enough as an athlete to be in the Prem and he’s not offering anything technically either.

I find it funny because I read negatives about Hamza all the time about how he’s ‘safe’ with his passing and doesn’t offer much but tackles and physicality, however Mendy doesn’t offer anything on a creative level but as well lacks the strengths Hamza has.

Mendy might do alright in a lower league where the pace is slower but the premier league is out of his depth.

And As said before, literally loads of people disputed it before Wilf came back in, that shows how clueless some people are.

The funny thing is the narrative on here means that people seem to put every sentence when mentioning Mendy ‘Mendy has done brilliantly this season but...’ almost like they have to say it to tick the narrative box before they say anything different. It’s a bizarre fan base, think partly still stuck in 2004-2008 with low expectations and used to players of Mendys level.

Its all cute and nostalgic and I still love where we’ve come from, however we are a different business now, players on 150k a week, managers in the top level of pay, first class facilities and billionaire owners. So I expect better level of players than Mendy.

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed. Stats only take you so far, how about sitting down and watching a game properly for yourself. Eg Leeds. Mendy was not the reason we lost that game

Funny you should say that, Mendy was so bad vs Leeds that even BR who wanted Hamza out the door and persisted with Mendy decided enough was enough.

If there was ever a game that we lost because of Mendy that was it, that even BR who was so loyal to Mendy decided it was enough.

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

And As said before, literally loads of people disputed it before Wilf came back in, that shows how clueless some people are.

Got any proof? 

They might have said Mendy was doing well (which he was as backup) but I find it hard to buy that anyone thought he'd keep Wilf out the side when he was back fit. 

Happy to be proven wrong if you can find proof anyone said Mendy was a better player than Wilf, but I think this is just another thing you've convinced yourself of which isn't actually true. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Is it specifically foreigners so we can get away with Maddison and Vardy cheating? lol

When’s the last time you saw Vardy or Maddison writhing around as if they had been hit with a hammer when in fact someone had brushed against them ...  I fvckin hate stuff like that ..  when that cheating pile of sh1t rolled around for fvckin ages when Nacho touched his neck really really p1sses me off.  Now he misses the next match...  extreme gamesmanship used to gain advantage ..  and try and get a player sent off.     As I said before if VAR can  help stamp this out it will be a huge step forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

He really didn’t lol 

He really did, granted mostly it was against us, but at the risk of repeating myself he bought their claims that Iheanacho had elbowed their player in the throat and only produced a yellow. Theres a difference between being conned into blowing up for fouls and not tolerating any form of physicality 

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

When’s the last time you saw Vardy or Maddison writhing around as if they had been hit with a hammer when in fact someone had brushed against them ...  I fvckin hate stuff like that ..  when that cheating pile of sh1t rolled around for fvckin ages when Nacho touched his neck really really p1sses me off.  Now he misses the next match...  extreme gamesmanship used to gain advantage ..  and try and get a player sent off.     As I said before if VAR can  help stamp this out it will be a huge step forward. 

Let's have it right, plenty of non-foreigners do that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Let's have it right, plenty of non-foreigners do that.

He was talking about Maddison and Vardy ..   but ok Peaky let’s come back to your comment ...    if it stops ANYONE from ridiculous over reacting then that’ll do me.   Incidentally ...  how many players in the prem have you seen reacting like he did.   

Mendy, youri and praet was really good. We got several good results and performances . I think it was harder when madders got fit and took praet place / now injured, as he doesn't work as much and you need a superman like wilf . I personally think this choudhary renaissance is just to flog him in summer. 

On 19/02/2021 at 15:50, Kevin Russell said:

Did you not think he did well last night? I thought we improved when he came on? I’m not saying he’s better than Wilf, but as a back-up option in a combative/defensive midfield role - he looks to have decent attributes to me. I thought he really helped us deal with the threat from Traore in the 2nd half v Wolves so I was quite impressed with his tactical nous. I guess if you still don’t see anything after the last couple of games you’re never going to like the guy!

Not that I don’t like him, he is just a poor footballer

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Got any proof? 

They might have said Mendy was doing well (which he was as backup) but I find it hard to buy that anyone thought he'd keep Wilf out the side when he was back fit. 

Happy to be proven wrong if you can find proof anyone said Mendy was a better player than Wilf, but I think this is just another thing you've convinced yourself of which isn't actually true. 

I don't have the proof bit do remember some suggestions that Mendy would keep Ndidi out.  I responded to comments at the time.

Mendy did well covering for Ndidi.  Ndidi, Maddison and Soyuncu have all shown their levels on returning from injury this season.  Pereira, hopefully, will get back to previous levels too.  He has done well since returning but has not appeared to have got to where he previously was.  

But some posters did think Mendy would keep Ndidi out!

I’m screaming for him to want it more but I don’t think he believes in himself.

Starts in a euro competition knock out game and just floats about not doing anything. Go for it lad! Just don’t want it enough for me. I’ll be surprised if he gets another start this season.