Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I hope he never gets another game , he has very little to add to the team he is hopeless passing the ball and gets caught out when players run in behind him , mendy and Pratt are much better than him . 

They both had good games in the final 🥺

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I hope he never gets another game , he has very little to add to the team he is hopeless passing the ball and gets caught out when players run in behind him , mendy and Pratt are much better than him . 

Somehow, the level of positivity in the thread took a dive.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Played really well.

Should have never come off

Youri should have gone off instead.

Hasn’t played all season - suspect there was a concern that he could have strained something if he stayed on too long.  Even more annoying that he didn’t get a run out of any kind at millwall. 

• Like 2

Thought he was absolute rubbish, didn’t look a prem player to me. Look scared to receive the ball and hid. Passing diabolical

I really like the bloke, even got the pink shirt with his name on the back. But if he’s doesn’t improve quickly he’ll be at derby

• Like 1

Just now, eblair said:

Thought he was absolute rubbish, didn’t look a prem player to me. Look scared to receive the ball and hid. Passing diabolical

I really like the bloke, even got the pink shirt with his name on the back. But if he’s doesn’t improve quickly he’ll be at derby

That is a brutal assessment of someone who put himself about for every single challenge.

coming into play in a midfield 2 next to someone who isn’t exactly usain bolt I thought he did a really good job. He’s never going to be anywhere near who he was replacing today, but I thought he gave a really decent account of himself. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eblair said:

Got to agree with this… lost count of how many times he gave the ball away , got caught on the ball not to mention kicking it out of play under no pressure on 2 occasions . But he ran about a lot so that’s ok . Obviously he’ll be rusty and that’s understandable but like you thought he was dreadful mostly . 

People saying he played well because he ran around and had lots of energy ! That’s the minimum from a professional footballer surely ! On the ball he was shocking, his passing and receiving the ball is woeful. Tielemans was too today, so not just digging out Hamza but he isn’t the answer and should only be used in emergencies !

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

People saying he played well because he ran around and had lots of energy ! That’s the minimum from a professional footballer surely ! On the ball he was shocking, his passing and receiving the ball is woeful. Tielemans was too today, so not just digging out Hamza but he isn’t the answer and should only be used in emergencies !

I think the truth is somewhere in between. Yes his passing was wayward and positionally he was sometimes all over the place, however I think the latter is partly because he was in a midfield 2 and yet he was covering ground all over the place and seemed to be the only player in City shirt pressing their midfield. I also thought he did a decent job getting close to Zaha and frustrating him. I could be completely wrong of course but I got the impression he had been told to help Timmy by coming over to the right and stopping Zaha. It's just the way I saw the game but I thought Zaha's influence on the game increased almost instantly when he no longer had Hamza hassling him. The were some shocking moments and a few times where he deliberately seemed to not show for the ball but we needed some intensity and Hamza provided it imho.

• Like 3

Typical Tiatto in a wig performance. Ran round a lot. Tackled a lot. Dutifully gave the ball straight back to Palace. 

They were all bad though so can’t lay any blame at Hamza’s door. He played as he always plays. The rest played worse than they’re capable of so the blame lies with them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

How can a professional football who trains every day be tired after 60 minutes?! 

Presumably because there's quite a difference in intensity between training and playing a competitive match at the top level

• Like 1

He pressed, he tackled, he tried hard but he gave the ball away and passed to touch at times. He isn't a baller at the end of the day.

Neither for that matter is Wilf whose passing skills also let him down, although clearly he is a much better player than Hamza.

Can't fault Hamza's effort but he will never be a really top level footballer. He did look shot today by the time he was hooked, which is disappointing. But our general fitness levels look cack all round. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1