Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

3 hours ago, Claridge said:

i must be missing something? moronic tackle in Europe, could of got himself sent off. Complete liability and no where near good enough at anything really,for a prem player

28 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Exactly, a ref who didnt seem to know what he was doing,means any player with half a brain doesnt fly into a tackle in a non threatening area. Can not see any future at the club for himif we are to really establish ourselves as a top 6 club, i wouldnt of thought Rodgers does either if the Newcastle rumours are anything to go by

The ref was believing we were making contact with them anyway so Hamza actually getting a bit of him made no difference whatsoever in the ref's eyes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The ref was believing we were making contact with them anyway so Hamza actually getting a bit of him made no difference whatsoever in the ref's eyes.

Exactly, case in point he bought that Iheanacho had elbowed their player in the throat and only produced a yellow. He was deceived by a lot of play acting but was actually quite happy for there to be a higher degree of physicality than we're used to being tolerated without retribution 

• Like 2

I think players like this are important to any squad, nice to have someone we can bring on to roam around and just cause a bit of unrest really, good in terms of seeing a game out. Bit of nastiness cant go a miss, especially when we can sometimes just be a bit too "nice" he is still young plenty of improvement room too. Always felt hed be perfect if Brendan ever wanted to use the Mourinho tactic of using a player who's sole purpose is to mark the opposition's main threat out of the game (Herrera sticking to hazard springs to mind) I know I wouldnt want Hamza following me everywhere!🤣

Edited by Foxy harry
  • Like 2

I'm still convinced Rodgers is playing him over Mendy just to drive up his fee in the summer. Because there's no way,Hamza offers us more than Mendy. He has done alright in his last few games but he is incredibly limited. He gives us aggression and tackling but nothing else. 

Edited by Koke

He’s a bit similar to the Amartey situation for me. As a third choice back up he’s more than good enough and decent value for money for a team who can’t offer a player regular game time. Yes he’s far inferior to the first choice players, just like Big Dan is, but people need to remember the first choices are all World Class players and we are not in a position to obtain World Class back up just yet.  He also brings a bit of energy to the team when he has these twenty minute cameos. 

Edited by OrielCaziado
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm still convinced Rodgers is playing him over Mendy just to drive up his fee in the summer. Because there's no way,Hamza offers us more than Mendy. He has done alright in his last few games but he is incredibly limited. He gives us aggression and tackling but nothing else. 

He's a CDM/CM and meant to be limited, he gets the ball and lays it off to the more skillful players like Savage did and what Martin O'Neill was told to do by Clough! I don't know what some people expect, a player in the mold of a Stevie G?  Mendy was probably dropped after the his last game against Leeds because he was to slow and easily knocked off the ball. 

6 hours ago, Claridge said:

i must be missing something? moronic tackle in Europe, could of got himself sent off. Complete liability and no where near good enough at anything really,for a prem player

Did you not think he did well last night? I thought we improved when he came on? I’m not saying he’s better than Wilf, but as a back-up option in a combative/defensive midfield role - he looks to have decent attributes to me. I thought he really helped us deal with the threat from Traore in the 2nd half v Wolves so I was quite impressed with his tactical nous. I guess if you still don’t see anything after the last couple of games you’re never going to like the guy!

• Thanks 1

At times I think you need players that can cause a bit of uneasiness in the opposition and Choudhury for me fits the bill. I really don't think that he's inherently nasty, just prepared to be a bit harder and fair. His tackles actually are usually quite well timed and it's only the very odd one that makes me wince. We can't complain one minute about our players being too passive and non aggressive and whine the next when someone actually provides what we called for. I really believe he has a place with us and the introduction of him in particular, together with Iheanacho and Under started to change the dynamics against a strong physical team that with the aid of the officials, were taking liberties. It is precisely players like Choudhury that make such opposition players think twice.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He's a CDM/CM and meant to be limited, he gets the ball and lays it off to the more skillful players like Savage did and what Martin O'Neill was told to do by Clough! I don't know what some people expect, a player in the mold of a Stevie G?  Mendy was probably dropped after the his last game against Leeds because he was to slow and easily knocked off the ball. 

Mendy is also limited but his passing is better and his tackles aren't reckless. When Ndidi got injured, Mendy stepped up and was great. I can't see Hamza doing as good if Wilf got injured. He just isn't that good.

I have nothing against the lad but  think even Rodgers has made up his mind, hence he was trying to offload him in January until Praet got injured. I think Rodgers will drive up his fee to sell him for Schlupp type money to bottom half teams, or newly promoted teams.

I think if he could evolve his game to include a bit more progressive passing. Then he could have an extended Prem career, with or without LCFC. He has energy, drive, combativeness. But what you need to succeed in the highest level is the capacity to read the game and pass between lines. He's not entirely lateral in his passing, like Mendy. But both of them much prefer to just shuffle it sideways. Wilf to me has markedly improved recently in this area of the game. Perhaps Hamza can as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think if he could evolve his game to include a bit more progressive passing. Then he could have an extended Prem career, with or without LCFC. He has energy, drive, combativeness. But what you need to succeed in the highest level is the capacity to read the game and pass between lines. He's not entirely lateral in his passing, like Mendy. But both of them much prefer to just shuffle it sideways. Wilf to me has markedly improved recently in this area of the game. Perhaps Hamza can as well.

.....that sounds pretty lateral to me!!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

You're not though, are you?

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

You're not though, are you?

There's no other explanation I'm afraid. Mendy has proven in Ndidi's absence that he is more than capable to come in and do a good job, and he's a better player than Hamza.

I think there is a player in there. He’s quick, energetic and is fairly decent in the tackle. I don’t think we have seen a confident Hamza yet but feel we could be shocked if he can play with belief. He’s getting older so he just needs to think ‘**** it’ and just go for it. If he ain’t good enough then at least he’s tried.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

There's no other explanation I'm afraid. Mendy has proven in Ndidi's absence that he is more than capable to come in and do a good job, and he's a better player than Hamza.

There clearly are, and they have the benefit of not being daft, but they allow the possibility you're essentially wrong about Hamza vs. Mendy, or at least have a different opinion than Rodgers (which for me is essentially the same thing)

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I'm still convinced Rodgers is playing him over Mendy just to drive up his fee in the summer. Because there's no way,Hamza offers us more than Mendy. He has done alright in his last few games but he is incredibly limited. He gives us aggression and tackling but nothing else

What does Mendy offer? 

He's great at recycling the ball but there's not much else in his game. If we're playing Mendy it means we're probably not playing Ndidi - with the lack of physicality in our team Mendy doesn't fit in otherwise we're too unbalanced.

Choudhury vs Mendy

2118297017_Screenshot2021-02-19at17_22_42.thumb.png.f7eb35a5cb64a9639c99f665c95319ea.png924750915_Screenshot2021-02-19at17_22_58.thumb.png.8d332b594ea6d5b5acfaad55f3aff541.png

Neither are good enough if we're being totally honest but Mendy's lack of defensive output exposes us because he doesn't have the legs to cover the ground like Ndidi does. The Leeds game showed up our lack of energy and mobility centrally without Ndidi.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

What does Mendy offer? 

He's great at recycling the ball but there's not much else in his game. If we're playing Mendy it means we're probably not playing Ndidi - with the lack of physicality in our team Mendy doesn't fit in otherwise we're too unbalanced.

Choudhury vs Mendy

2118297017_Screenshot2021-02-19at17_22_42.thumb.png.f7eb35a5cb64a9639c99f665c95319ea.png924750915_Screenshot2021-02-19at17_22_58.thumb.png.8d332b594ea6d5b5acfaad55f3aff541.png

Neither are good enough if we're being totally honest but Mendy's lack of defensive output exposes us because he doesn't have the legs to cover the ground like Ndidi does. The Leeds game showed up our lack of energy and mobility centrally without Ndidi.

I think the leeds game has really helped Hamza tbh. I like Mendy but it’s so clear how fragile our midfield is when Mendy plays, teams just seem to be able to run straight through it. Mendy was outstanding for the first part of the season but I do think Hamza is currently a better choice when Ndidi is out at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

I think the leeds game has really helped Hamza tbh. I like Mendy but it’s so clear how fragile our midfield is when Mendy plays, teams just seem to be able to run straight through it. Mendy was outstanding for the first part of the season but I do think Hamza is currently a better choice when Ndidi is out at the moment.

Mendy looked best playing in a set up with three central defenders in it and we've since looked dreadful playing 343 or whatever. He's not a bad player but he doesn't fit well anymore.

If it was down to me I'd look to shift both Choudhury and Mendy and replace them with KDH and Anguissa if/when Fulham drop. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Mendy is also limited but his passing is better and his tackles aren't reckless. When Ndidi got injured, Mendy stepped up and was great. I can't see Hamza doing as good if Wilf got injured. He just isn't that good.

I have nothing against the lad but  think even Rodgers has made up his mind, hence he was trying to offload him in January until Praet got injured. I think Rodgers will drive up his fee to sell him for Schlupp type money to bottom half teams, or newly promoted teams.

Surely Rodgers was loaning him out to give him match-time, which he couldn't guarantee to Choudhury with Praet also in the squad.  The reason Choudhury didn't go to Newcastle  was nothing to do with Praet's injury, but rather because Rodgers couldn't get in a replacement.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Never saw Mendy hit a cross like Hamza's from last night.