Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

He needs to be braver with his passes, too many go sideways or backwards. We struggle to work the ball up the pitch with him in midfield, especially when Tielesman isn't playing deep with him.

He also switches off too much defensively and gets caught out of position.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 20:15, majaco said:

Before tonight's game, I would have rather Choudhury started than Mendy.  I my opinion hasn't changed.

He did a lot well tonight.  When he lunged fro the centre circle to the defensive D , it was a bit worrying though.  Perhaps his legs had gone as he was a long way from both ball and player.

He started confidently.  I am wondering if there is a stamina issue.

Would be interested to see how many times he played the ball forward tonight? my guess is maybe once...Not blaming him he offers what he does but he should never play in the same team as wilf for me.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Feel he's a scapegoat again. Every player was shocking today. I wouldn't rate any of them over 4 out of 10

Not really scapegoating, he had such a bad game its making me question that was keeping him ahead of getting Chalobah really the right decision... 

But yes, everyone had a bad game but at least we know for most of them thats their floor. This feels dangerously close to Hamzas ceiling. 

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest, you can see why Mendy is preferred. So much better on the ball.

Neither have the requisite attributes for deep lying PL midfielders. Choudhury isn’t good enough on the ball and Mendy can’t cover ground well enough. I’d sell both, bring KDH into the fold and sign Anguissa or a similar player.

Choudhury, Amartey and Under demonstrated our lack of squad depth tonight.

Don't want to be overly harsh, as all three work hard and often come in with little match sharpness.

But, they are very limited players and when you look at the other top 6 clubs, they have much better quality in the squad IMO

If we want to keep pushing these big clubs for top 4, in the cups and Europe, then we must invest more in the squad. 

If we don't, then I can't see how we won't have a future of tired or injured star players, with very little quality cover to come in and keep our momentum going.

Hopefully Top is well aware of this and he knows if he wants to keep us pushing the traditional big 6, then he needs to spend more. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

He looked absolutely lost in the first half and barely improved in the 15 minutes he played in the second half

Looked more like he was hiding. He could have done a lot more to get involved but didn’t. So disappointed in him.