Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not really scapegoating, he had such a bad game its making me question that was keeping him ahead of getting Chalobah really the right decision... 

But yes, everyone had a bad game but at least we know for most of them thats their floor. This feels dangerously close to Hamzas ceiling. 

No way that's a bit harsh 

He's had plenty of decent games for us. Like I said lots of players were poor today. For example Amartey would you say his performance was closer to his floor or ceiling? 

27 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm not even sure he's that good at what he does.

He gives the ball away in silly positions regularly and silly fouls too much.

I think he can be effective when we are seeing games out, good sub to bring on and cause some unrest. But that is all and should not be playing (let alone starting) in games where we have more possession and are pushing for a goal

16 minutes ago, scinnell said:

I love the change in opinions about players after each performancelol

Don't think it's a case of people changing opinions. More a case of those who rate certain players post when they perform well and those who don't, post when they play badly. People are often pretty stubborn with their opinions either way tbh. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Don't think it's a case of people changing opinions. More a case of those who rate certain players post when they perform well and those who don't, post when they play badly. People are often pretty stubborn with their opinions either way tbh. 

Well we can make it a lot easier now. They're all shit.

Was a big believer in Hamza, but I feel he's fallen into football limbo atm.

I recall a fantastic tackle he made on Mane a couple seasons back, where he chased him down and won the ball.

Maybe he's had to reel that back after that red and a couple other borderline tackles got him into trouble.

Problem now is, he sits on the fringe of the offense, not providing much and isn't getting it done defensively either.

He's now a midfield placeholder and could easily be replaced by almost anyone playing the position from the top 2 leagues in the country.

4 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm sorry chaps, he's just a bang average player. He is in my opinion as good as he's going to get. Which for our needs is not good enough. He offers zero going forward. 

..the problem is the player that you want him to be against the player that he is!!!

You are always going to be frustrated because he is not going to play in a manner you expect him to.

At the moment he is playing against his natural instincts and is no doubt in two minds when on the ball.

He is a Holding midfielder who keeps the team ticking over, he does not venture too far forward put has a good passing game and can pick a pass.

A player who appears to only play backwards is not the player from the U23s and unless we allow him to play in the manner that suits his game then he will stall as he is doing now, right infront of us.

Your point regarding confidence is true, he has to hold his hand up and say, "this is not right for me" and he will have to take that risk in order to develop himself personally as well as a player.

It will not happen here, his style would not suit what we are looking for but he has a lot more to offer than what we are seeing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, brockmyster said:

Fair play to the lad using the stage he had yesterday to make a statement, lots of respect for that :appl:

I’m sure most of us would kind of agree with the sentiments of you/him. But it’s a slippery slope and I doubt we’ve heard the end of it. What if he’d carried an Israeli flag? Would it still have been okay? Sport and politics are complicated  bedfellows. 

• Like 3

On 06/03/2021 at 23:42, happy85 said:

His career at Leicester is over 

A check on Wiki says he is contracted until 2023 so somebody is going to have to make him a very good offer before he will leave. In football you only need a couple of good games or a crucial goal and everybody changes their mind about you. A lot of games next season so he may well be called on by Rodgers. I would be very surprised if he is not in the squad if he stays with us.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

In his brief cameo yesterday I thought he was fantastic. His pressing and work rate was absolutely class. If he’s happy to stay here and be that player I wouldn’t be adverse to him staying one bit.

Every single team needs someone to bring off the bench to do exactly what he did yesterday when your backs are against the wall. 

Of course his game is very limited and he’s never ever going to be a regular starter for us but at the end of the day, he’s got an FA Cup winners medal and is part of our ever growing history. 

Massively agree. Ive always been surprised with how keen people are to see him leave. Think it’s mainly a product of spending too much time on the match thread, rather than his actual performances.