Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope not, I don't like 3 at the back against teams who are good at exploiting the channels which is pretty much all Liverpool do. Get it wide and get it in to any pocket of space. Fuchs had a poor game against them at Anfield and he'd be all over the shop again if we weren't careful. 

Liverpool are there to be picked apart but we have to execute our gameplan. The combination of Thomas and Barnes has worked well at times this season and I hope that's given a go on Saturday. 

Don’t concern yourself with tactics please mate I want to hear more about away day pubs and brothels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Hope it is not 3 at the back. Think the best formation to match these up is a 4-3-3 with madders still playing more centrally but drifting wider out of possession.  

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Thomas

Hamza

Ndidi

Youri

Barnes

Maddison 

Vardy 

Like it, but would be amazed if we aren’t sporting a slinky little back 3 number

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I think and fear we will get stuffed. I really hope I'm wrong about this.

I think so too, but I have decided to ignore both logic and my fears.

3-1 Leicester City. 
Riccardo, Maddison, Barnes  — Vardy (og)

Tough without Justin. Been one of our best players this season. 

Kasper

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

That teams picks itself and it'll obviously be Justin instead of Thomas in normal circumstances.

Glad that Evans, Barnes, Ricardo and Ndidi/Vardy could be rested as planned last night. Very glad we didn't go to ET with Youri still on the pitch.

With Liverpool's/Klopp's circumstances, and the rest they've had for a whole week, I think we could be in for a fairly long afternoon...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Think that's a good point, if we weren't intending to give him starts or didn't trust him he'd have been loaned out in January.

Would absolutely love to see this line up.

Got to trust him! He hasn’t let us down yet either so for me it’s quite an exciting prospect seeing him play agains the best 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think and fear we will get stuffed. I really hope I'm wrong about this.

We will either get thrashed or lose to a 93rd minute penalty. It’s written in the stars, considering the month they’ve had, and the week Klopp has had, there’s absolutely no way we’re winning this game. 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think so too, but I have decided to ignore both logic and my fears.

3-1 Leicester City. 
Riccardo, Maddison, Barnes  — Vardy (og)

I'll take that result now, including the OG, in fact, Fuch it, I'll take that result plus 2 OG's..right now.

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Hope it is not 3 at the back. Think the best formation to match these up is a 4-3-3 with madders still playing more centrally but drifting wider out of possession.  

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Thomas

Hamza

Ndidi

Youri

Barnes

Maddison 

Vardy 

We got killed by Alexander Arnold in this game last year with Maddison playing off the left. He basically had a free reign to run riot.

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

We never turn up against these.  Its almost like Rodgers shits himself when we come up against the team he failed at and its rubs off on the players.  Can only see another drubbing again.  We just won't turn up.  0-3

I think we all forget the game at theirs when we were 1-1 and playing well. Then Sharkey tickled Mane in the 93 minute.  So it can be done. But the odds are against it.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah, normally I try and be diplomatic to some degree but that's one of the worst ideas I've seen in a long time.

Why is it? That's what Fuchs is employed for - as a dependable, competent and competitive left back. 

The only times I've seen him struggle this season is as the left centre back after playing 2 games a week for 4/5 weeks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

We got killed by Alexander Arnold in this game last year with Maddison playing off the left. He basically had a free reign to run riot.

I completely agree, I wouldnt play maddison on the left. Alexander Arnold needs to be pinned back and defend so I would keep barnes over his fave side