Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

1 minute ago, Wakeyfox said:

Mark lawrenson with his finger on the pulse as usual... 

Leicester v Liverpool (12:30 GMT)

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy got another half-hour under his belt in his comeback from hernia surgery when he came off the bench to help them beat Brighton in the FA Cup on Wednesday.

Pretty sure vardy played the first hour and then made way for the nacho man... 

It's patently ghost - written bollocks. Some of the ill researched and fact checked stuff on BBC Sport lately has been unbelievable. 

I fear for tomorrow.  Not in the fact we are playing Liverpool and they are particularly good but Brendan Rogers always sets us up wrong against these.

He will do his normal approach of showing them far too much respect.  We will stand off them with two banks of four and Vardy as the sole striker.  We will allow them to play out from the back as we did at Anfield stand off them gifting them possesion with plenty of time on the ball.  If only we could get in their faces have a high press as Brighton did against them we could get something, added with do not allow them to play out from the back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Justin is unfit, I still don't think three at the back is the best answer. If we were to do it though, I would want

Barnes Vardy Albrighton

Thomas Ndidi Tielemans Ricardo

Evans Soyuncu Fofana

Fofana's injured, unfortunately. It will probably be that, though, with Amartey for little Wes, and maybe Kevin instead of Thomas.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

I wonder if we might get a mention on Sky for this fixture.... at least 10% with 90% drooling over the Scousers

Do yourself a favour, turn it on at kick off, stick it on mute and go put the kettle on at half time, switch it off as soon as its finished. 

Can't do much about the fact Macca is going to spend the 90 minutes you DO listen to fawning over Liverpool but you can mitigate the rest. 

The studio pundits can't tell you anything about Leicester you don't know anyway. I haven't bothered with that shit for years, don't even watch MOTD anymore. Why bother when our highlights are on YouTube an hour after the game ends? 

You don't tune in, you can't be disappointed. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's patently ghost - written bollocks. Some of the ill researched and fact checked stuff on BBC Sport lately has been unbelievable. 

I've long given up on the BBC (Match of the Day included). Fact-checking is obviously far less important to that behemoth of an organisation than box-ticking. If you employ and promote people on the basis of something other than job-suitability (never mind excellence), you will inevitably end up inefficient. And they have the gall to raise their licence fee at a time when millions have either lost their jobs or fear that they might soon do so. And don't get me started on Gary "sob sob, I've had to take a paycut" Lineker...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do yourself a favour, turn it on at kick off, stick it on mute and go put the kettle on at half time, switch it off as soon as its finished. 

Can't do much about the fact Macca is going to spend the 90 minutes you DO listen to fawning over Liverpool but you can mitigate the rest. 

The studio pundits can't tell you anything about Leicester you don't know anyway. I haven't bothered with that shit for years, don't even watch MOTD anymore. Why bother when our highlights are on YouTube an hour after the game ends? 

You don't tune in, you can't be disappointed. 

This is why I started with FT in the first place. Sure, it can be a bit negative around here, particularly after a defeat, but you get far more meaningful conversations from people who actually watch us week in week out. And you can still enjoy some bellend spouting controversial opinions like listening to Sutton, and the happy clappers that see no bad in their team, just like Jenas - so you don't even miss out on the punditry really.

15 hours ago, urban fox said:

Think he will go for the experience of Fuchs... or how about if he puts Thomas in at LB, Albrighton switches to left, where we know he is good, to provide help to the lad. Ricky can look after himself so Under replaces Barnes and plays on the right.

wouldn’t  be my first choice but it is an option, and would certainly confuse Klopp game-plan. If it ain’t working bring Barnes on and swap back. 

Keep Barnes on the left, Ndidi will be on to help cover the left back and leave Barnes higher up the field. 

MA on the right will help cover right back so Ndidi can sit further to the left. 

24 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I've long given up on the BBC (Match of the Day included). Fact-checking is obviously far less important to that behemoth of an organisation than box-ticking. If you employ and promote people on the basis of something other than job-suitability (never mind excellence), you will inevitably end up inefficient. And they have the gall to raise their licence fee at a time when millions have either lost their jobs or fear that they might soon do so. And don't get me started on Gary "sob sob, I've had to take a paycut" Lineker...

Could be worse, and it soon will be, if we get Fox News-style channels that are pure shouted opinion. BBC is far from perfect - there we can agree, but I'll go no further.

This isn't the season to still be the fa cup and Europe with no pre season nor funds to have a massive squad, we're victims of our own success. 

A top 7 finish from here would be a hell of a result. 

15 games in the league, at least 3 more in the cups, we're going to have to throw one competition at least by playing kids. 33 games in.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, turlo said:

thats good news for us and means they either play their 2 new CBs or play Henderson at the back again. Fabinho has been a big loss to their midfield

Fingers crossed that Henderson plays at CB. Not that he's not doing well there, but more than he's a huge loss to them in midfield. 

• Like 3

I don't like when we play 3 cbs normally but Salah vs Fuchs/Thomas cannot be allowed to happen. 

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Soyuncu

Pereira                                    Thomas

Tielemans     Ndidi

Maddison                 Barnes

Vardy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Is it still on ??? ..  something popped up on my phone about postponed but can’t seem to find anything to back it up ..  

Same here, but I can’t find it on the BBC sport app now.