Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

Think he will go for the experience of Fuchs... or how about if he puts Thomas in at LB, Albrighton switches to left, where we know he is good, to provide help to the lad. Ricky can look after himself so Under replaces Barnes and plays on the right.

wouldn’t  be my first choice but it is an option, and would certainly confuse Klopp game-plan. If it ain’t working bring Barnes on and swap back. 

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Think he will go for the experience of Fuchs... or how about if he puts Thomas in at LB, Albrighton switches to left, where we know he is good, to provide help to the lad. Ricky can look after himself so Under replaces Barnes and plays on the right.

wouldn’t  be my first choice but it is an option, and would certainly confuse Klopp game-plan. If it ain’t working bring Barnes on and swap back. 

There’s no way Barnes doesn’t play, he was rested in the FA cup I would imagine with an eye on attacking Alexander Arnold as he can’t defend. Fuchs at left back is the way we should go. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Why is it? That's what Fuchs is employed for - as a dependable, competent and competitive left back. 

The only times I've seen him struggle this season is as the left centre back after playing 2 games a week for 4/5 weeks

He has a role to play in cup competitions and emergency back up but to start against Liverpool, I'm not having that. Thomas is a much better option.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope not, I don't like 3 at the back against teams who are good at exploiting the channels which is pretty much all Liverpool do. Get it wide and get it in to any pocket of space. Fuchs had a poor game against them at Anfield and he'd be all over the shop again if we weren't careful. 

Liverpool are there to be picked apart but we have to execute our gameplan. The combination of Thomas and Barnes has worked well at times this season and I hope that's given a go on Saturday. 

Me too mate. I don’t see why it shouldn’t. But if Justin is out (likely) I feel Rodgers will go this way. Would like to see Amartey in ahead of Fuchs if this is the case mind. 

• Like 2

Kasper  
Ricardo  Amartey  Evans  Thomas  
            Ndidi Tielmans 

Maddison 

Albrighton              Barnes   

Vardy 

If Justin is fit. He plays instead of Thomas. Don’t play Fuchs against these. Too slow. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Kasper  
            Ndidi Tielmans 

Maddison 

Vardy 

If Justin is fit. He plays instead of Thomas. Don’t play Fuchs against these. Too slow. 

Why not Soyuncu?

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He has a role to play in cup competitions and emergency back up but to start against Liverpool, I'm not having that. Thomas is a much better option.

Fuchs may have lost a bit legs wise but at LB his positional play and tactical awareness is what he will be there for. Thomas is very capable but for this one I would go with experience. Anyway we really want just one more worldy left footer before he finally calls it a day and I can’t think of a better game for it.

1-0 (Fuchs half-volley from 25 yds 80mins)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Kasper  
            Ndidi Tielmans 

Maddison 

Vardy 

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Pace needed at the back against these. I thought Amartey did well vs Brighton. 

This a troll account?

Isn't this the season for us to pick up results we haven't done for a few years? Win away at Man City, win away at Arsenal and Spurs, any positive result against Man Utd etc. Therefore I'm quietly confident we will get a result on Saturday, ideally 3 points please.

• Like 1

I personally think the whole "TAA can't defend" narrative is a bit overblown.  He's under a constant microscope after being hyped as the best RB in the world (and probably not unjustifiably, as far as attacking goes).  He's not an awful defender, just sort of average.

That said, Liverpool are obviously weaker at the back then they are attacking.  The problem is with Vardy miles off-form and Under in Siberia, not sure we're the bunch to exploit it.

• Like 1

I believe our team is good enough to beat anyone on our day...but tomorrow will not be that day! Too many tired players, too many injuries,  we will give them too much respect, and Kelechi will be too cold. At least we get it out of the way early and can get on with our weekend :ph34r:

• Like 1

Mark lawrenson with his finger on the pulse as usual... 

Leicester v Liverpool (12:30 GMT)

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy got another half-hour under his belt in his comeback from hernia surgery when he came off the bench to help them beat Brighton in the FA Cup on Wednesday.

Pretty sure vardy played the first hour and then made way for the nacho man...