Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool (H) Match Thread - Sat 13/02/21 @ 12.30 BT Sports

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Vardy needs to find some form. He's been well off it this season. 

Well whilst ill admit he's been off it the past 8 games or so, let's not forget he got what....ten goals in his first what 12 or 13 games of the season? So thats very harsh 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very interesting game, first 20 minutes Liverpool on top form, suffocated us out of the game and had us on the ropes.

But despite that, our tactics are working and really, we should be ahead! Soyuncu, Ndidi, Ricardo all very good. Seems like Vardy doesn't have his finishing boots on today, but then neither does Salah. Game could either way as it stands, and for this is a big improvement on previous performances against Liverpool.

Defo grown into it. Weve had quite a few opportunities where the players have been careless in possession. Get that sorted and we can give it a good go here

• Like 2

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

We need to have more physicality in midfield so Maddison and Tielemans get more time on the ball. So would bring on Choudhury for Albrighton. 

We look dangerous with the ball over the top, with our runners getting behind the Liverpool defence.

Suspect this ref would relish the chance to send off Choudhry.

There is something in this for us if we can up the intensity a bit.

Liverpool look far more vulnerable defensively in comparison to the last couple of times we played them. 

Want to see Barnes to the fore 2nd half. Ricardo and him are getting plenty of space down that side when we are in possession.

• Like 3

Vardy has to be finishing that, when he's out of form he just smashes the ball, capable of placing the ball but he doesn't always do it.

Front 4 abysmal at holding the ball up. When knew the back 4 would be under pressure and they've generally coped ok. But offering nothing from full back going forward. 

I can't see them not scoring at some point if we carry on as it is. Shown in the last 10 that we can get in behind, but we need to get hold off the ball. Liverpool press always causes our midfield problems. 

I don't see Evans coming back out, he has ongoing back trouble don't he? Thomas on at left back.

Pretty poor for large parts, well, very poor let’s not beat around the bush.

It feels like we’re just waiting for Liverpool to score.

Lots of sideways passes.

We’ve come Into the game abit towards the end of the half but there’s a lot of improvement needed.

I swear we seem to have some inferior mentality complex against these. We shit ourselves every single time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nick said:

I know it’s an FT match day thread but some of the comments on here when we are up against a buzzing Liverpool team pressing like there’s no tomorrow and we are holding them at half time playing 5 at the back with players out of position...

Have a word with yourselves.

I expect Brighton fans said that too. 🙄

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I know it’s an FT match day thread but some of the comments on here when we are up against a buzzing Liverpool team pressing like there’s no tomorrow and we are holding them at half time playing 5 at the back with players out of position...

Have a word with yourselves.

Spot on

We’ve probably had the best chances so far!

• Like 3

They work ridiculously hard and I think that has to be taken in to account when you look at our passing. Yes we should expect better and think of ways to overcome it but they're fresh, sharp and fitter after a week's rest. Firmino and one of Mane/Salah is always dropping back to cram the midfield and when they win the ball back, they're finding it too easy to get the ball through up the pitch. 

It is a constant concern because of their quality up front. Defence is managing well for now but its gonna be a bit of a slog as the game wears on. Makes it all the more important to bag one of these chances. You'd think if we do score first they'll come out further and that ball over the top will be on even more. 

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

They have proved over the last 2.5 seasons that they can. We must stop giving the ball away and improve the passing. It has been sloppy at best. 

See i dont think they can this season. Liverpool of other seasons would be out of sight in this game 

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Well whilst ill admit he's been off it the past 8 games or so, let's not forget he got what....ten goals in his first what 12 or 13 games of the season? So thats very harsh 

He has 5 goals in 19 games from open play this season. By his standards that not good enough. He has however earned the right to have a little off patch.

I think if we had one of those player cams Sky used to have on Tielemans today it would have made shocking viewing. Its like he's a competition winner plucked from Vicky Park on. Sunday. Looks lost, scared and totally out of his depth. We as a team look scared of them yet again. They are there for the taking, defence wise they have a new CB 19 from German league,  Jordan ****ing Henderson, and 2 full backs who think they are wingers, a showpony Thiago in midfield who hasn't tracked back once in his life, and although we were criminally shite, we still had 3 excellent chances which shows you if we actually had a go we might actually win. Pathetic first half. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I know he blew for half time, but it was after the foul. Why wasn't Wijnaldum booked there for taking barnes out to stop the attack? 

The answer is fairly obvious and would be to you if you'd watched any other Liverpool / Manchester Utd games this season

• Like 3