Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool (H) Match Thread - Sat 13/02/21 @ 12.30 BT Sports

Still think this is ours. Schmeichel is on it and most Liverpool attempts have been a bit desperate. Hope Evans is ok

Generally good officiating, but why isn't Salah booked yet, or Henderson for screaming abuse at the ref for Vardy being ONSIDE?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although Vardy Could have had a hatrick, we've been well off it and are fortunate to be level. 

Liverpool are not at their best and have a goalie that had a mare last week. 

Poor from us, but the points are still there to be won. 

Hopefully Brendan will do his magic at half time. 

Got to start winning some of those 50/50's 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

What do you make of Maddison playing almost ahead of Vardy without the ball? It doesn't suit him playing so advanced and is making it easy for Liverpool to pass through us.

He’s been doing that for many games now, check the average pitch position and he’s usually the furthest forward! 

In general I think it’s a good idea but perhaps this opposition is not the best to do it against. But of course if he grabs the winner then it’s all worth it, and he could!

They're better than us, but being a result merchant at this stage, I'd have taken 0-0 halfway beforehand. I know we've had chances, but at least we've started to cope better with the press. Even in 15/16 we were being pegged back until the wonder goal, so there's hope yet.

I’m reasonably happy, albeit wish could have taken our chances. As the game goes on hopefully there’ll be more space in the midfield and we can have more control on the game.

Vardy is the one getting into those positions so would be daft to take him off just yet.

Given there’s no yellows for diving Salah and Mane might as well just keep going Dow. though though. Eventually one will get given sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

I know it’s an FT match day thread but some of the comments on here when we are up against a buzzing Liverpool team pressing like there’s no tomorrow and we are holding them at half time playing 5 at the back with players out of position...

Have a word with yourselves.

Yes NICK!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Saying this is the worst performance ever is pathetic, as well. Constant moaning about it isn't gonna do anyone any benefit. Just end up dragging and bringing everyone down. Boring. 

The home game last year was far worse, I don't think we ventured into their area.

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Also, Liverpool are still the scummiest team in the league.

Salah diving for a penalty and Mane pretending Tielemans made contact with a high boot. Cheating cvnts.

He did with Mane bringing his foot down. Totally accidental though. 

The Salah dive pathetic. Pereira nowhere near. How does he physically fall like he does at any contact? It's beyond real. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Saying this is the worst performance ever is pathetic, as well. Constant moaning about it isn't gonna do anyone any benefit. Just end up dragging and bringing everyone down. Boring. 

We've battled manfully. Not been pretty but can't fault the effort 

• Like 1