Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yup.  A truly awful performance by most of the squad for 75 minutes, with Ndidi monstrous and Ricardo just a notch behind.  We were gifted that one honestly and thank goodness we were good enough to take advantage, but don't gloss over how lucky that all was.  For most of the game we were a disaster.

Not awful, just average against a top team albeit out of form. Important to take joy from wins like this that don't happen too often mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Savage just made a good point to be fair. 

All season everyone has said attackers need to be given benefit of the doubt for tight offside calls. One happens today and now there's more controversy. Can't have it both ways :dunno:

Said it in the match thread, can’t moan about both.

• Like 1

Just now, deejdeej said:

Not awful, just average against a top team albeit out of form. Important to take joy from wins like this that don't happen too often mate.

Believe me, I do.  Like I said, they were us, and we were Bournemouth.

For 78 minutes, Liverpool swarmed us like the pack of geese that attacked my mum on a holiday to Mablethorpe in 1998, aggressive.

Then the last 10 minutes happened, one of the most delightful collapses I’ve ever seen in football.

Ndidi was a monster, MOTM.

My gif source ain’t working, so unfortunately you won’t be getting a reface of Jamie Vardy as BB King.

• Haha 1

Proper winner’s mentality that, be shit for 3/4s of the game, be 1 goal down and end up winning decisively, against the reigning champions nonetheless. I was as critical as anyone last season when we seemed to have no gumption for any important game, it’s a far cry. We’re really looking like contenders now, even if I think Man City will win it handily, getting these results coming out of winter is excellent. 

Weird old game. 70 minutes very similar to the summer where we looked tired and one too many personnel changes. Despite that defended well as a unit and kept their chances to a minimum. Only time Wilf don’t get the Octopus legs working they score (and again a conceded goal which at source is a terrible decision to launch a cross field ball by Youri). 

Then bang - just baffling it took us that long to start playing those angled long balls