Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

My account of those few minutes:

I got so angry at 0-1 that I decide to take the dog out before I throw something at the telly.

I leave the room and we get a penalty.

I return to the room and the penalty decision is overturned. 

I leave the room and the free kick is scored.

I return to the room again and the goal is disallowed. 

I leave the room and the goal stands.

The dog is all excited now so I have to take him out.

I leave the room and Vardy scores.

As I'm about to leave the house, Barnes scores.

The most exciting turnaround in ages and I somehow manage to miss all of the best bits. 

Like your dog is telling you, stop watching leicester city, its for the best all round

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Are you shitting me? He's seriously repeated that!? 

I thought he'd have had the good sense to keep his head down and pretend he never said that. 

I've not checked this so it's an educated guess more than a fact but I'm pretty confident that if you went away and dug around for the stats, Vardy's conversion rate would be better than Owen's. 

He's literally got one of the best conversion rates of shots to goals in top flight football. He also gets himself in an incredible amount of goal scoring positions, so whether Owen meant finishing technique or his movement to sniff out chances, he's wrong in both cases. 

It's honestly one of the most shamefully, offensively, moronically wrong things a professional "pundit" has ever said about us or one of our players. 

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Owen and Wright were going on about it. I couldn't believe it. 

Man Utd 14/15

Arsenal 15/16 (x2)

Liverpool 15/16

Germany 15/16

West Brom 17/18

Man City 20/21

How anyone can watch those goals in particular and say that Vardy isn't a natural finisher is beyond me.

• Like 2

Just now, Koke said:

Feel sorry for Klopp tbh. Lost his mother on 19 January and couldn't attend her funeral. Plus the pressure in his professional life has taken its toll.

He looks like a broken man. He has been crumbling in interviews for a while. I actually feel sorry for him and worry for him. He needs a break but that isn't going to happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Be interesting to see how we shape up against Villa. We know they carry a strong goal threat. Do we stick with today's starting formation/personnel?

Too polite to say thats a silly question and obviously Evans may not be ok enough but I think he'll be ok( I hope so) ,  and maybe others had knocks , but bearing that in mind obviously yes. JV needs about another match and I can't think of any improvements from our decreasingly fit  squad. Can't remember our next 3 fixtures but we obviously need 3 points against Villa. Draws are almost as useless as losses for a while. I must be honest and admit I'd have played Ûnder today and certainly would have had him on by the time we scored, which would hardly have affected the result except perhaps favourably. I missed the first 35 minutes so don't know who he'd have replaced. Funnily enough I'd posted to someone  that paradoxically I thought our injuries would improve our team.  I obviouly got that wrong in view of what nearly happened. Well it did happen but we were delivered. If I believed in a god i would certainly believe he moves in Mysterious Ways and might wear blue.

Even !970s managers would know the answer to your question .They would have been taught it as the first basic and also when it did n't apply. On another subject (think I'm running out of posts-I heard that !) I thought Klopp gave an amazingly smart and accurate interview even if it was choking him, I was impressed. Couple that with his reported words before the match and I'm glad we're now six points ahead. He's a very smart cookie imo. 

Edited by Alan Frost

Just now, Corky said:

Absolutely glorious. Since promotion in 2014, we've played Liverpool 14 times in the league. We've had one penalty. Liverpool have had several including one where the ball hit our player's face, another where a handball was given with the ball blasted at him from two yards away and last season when Mane threw himself over under minimal contact and held the other leg in "agony".

And what was today's controversy? Oh yes- a free-kick given outside the box for a clear foul and a goal allowed to stand because it was onside. 

Get over it, you lost because you didn't defend well enough. We scored three perfectly fine goals to your one.

That double handball penalty game really boiled my piss lol was a great comeback but my god that should have been 2-0. Awful awful officiating from pawson that day. 

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Feel sorry for Klopp tbh. Lost his mother on 19 January and couldn't attend her funeral. Plus the pressure in his professional life has taken its toll.

I feel bad for him regarding his mother, that’s awful. Nothing else though, he’s always moaning, gone right off him, same with Mourinho.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I feel bad for him regarding his mother, that’s awful. Nothing else though, he’s always moaning, gone right off him, same with Mourinho.

I feel like it's disrespectful to compare Mourinho to Klopp. Jose may have an occasional moan but they aren't even on the same scale. Klopp is ten times worse.

• Like 3

Guest bss9401
36 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On behalf of all of those that believe in such superstitions, I'd like to thank you for your part in the victory today :) 

My lad was watching the game and genuinely told me to stay out of the room after we went 2-1 up. As long as we got win I didn't care by that point lol.

Guest bss9401
52 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Like your dog is telling you, stop watching leicester city, its for the best all round

Yep. He'll be sat at the door with his lead in his gob at kick off in future :D

7 hours ago, adam95581 said:

Such a massive result! Absolutely huge to have turned that around and have a 6 point gap to Liverpool 

I do hope BR doesn’t allow that 7 minute spell to paper over the fact that the first 60 odd minutes were the sloppiest we’ve been all season. Youri, Kevin and Amartey were particularly bad. Got away with it so won’t complain, but it can’t become the norm

If wasnt sloppy, we let them press, took the ball off them, then  repeatidly gave the ball back..telling them   there you are...try again..

We gave them 70 minutes...In between we shown them a couple of times, how it might look by showing our Precision in hitting the cross-bar...

& Testing their GK..  Even felt sorry for Salah & gave him a goal....Vardy & Maddison asked Rodgers the time, & asked if they can start playing now...

Maddison shown his Billiard Technic, Vardy won his bet, by saying he doesn't Need any assists, he'll get .... ' by with a little help from his friend '

Then told Barnes..'go on kid, your Time has come'..

We are just a Friendly team, with a foxy-grin with a swish in our our bushy tail....

The pundit-hounddogs  After 5 years are still trying to  suss us out..!!!

we have broken into the Chicken-roosts Top 6, and spitting feathers they cant figure out ...how..!!

Proving Posession isnt  9/10s of the law.....A fox is clever & only pretends to be dumb...!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Livid said:

I stepped into the kitchen to make a drink sure that Amartey was offside for our equaliser. 

I come back in and we’re 2-1 up. WTF!!

A shell shocked McManaman suddenly realising he had to pick a Leicester player for MOTM and panicked into picking Barnes, should have been Wilf!! :D

I forgive him. Barnes might have been second, Wilf definitely first.It was hard splitting the other 10 but scorers are always favoured even if its a tap in into an empty goal. No one ever lost money by understimating the smartness of almost everybody involved in football. Ø       Including me , I'm a supporter  

Ø. (thanks ,Danny). Often attributed to Einstein. I suspect it was his friend Niels Bohr who Kasper probably knows about. He or his brother was a Danish international goalkeeper in 1908. Among other things. I think Bohr said Plato said it which probably means Socrates originated it. They'd have been writing or speaking Greek of course which may obliterate some of its obscurity. Its a wonderful insult -you can often be home, in bed, and asleep before anyone works out whether they've been badly insulted or wonderfully complimented ,but you do have to say it with a nice smile.

Edited by Alan Frost