Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Had to watch this on my blooming phone in the background whilst chatting semi-intelligently with people! 😖😖😖 Therefore, my opinions are probably way off, but it looked like we were shit and suddenly became great in the space of two minutes? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Had to watch this on my blooming phone in the background whilst chatting semi-intelligently with people! 😖😖😖 Therefore, my opinions are probably way off, but it looked like we were shit and suddenly became great in the space of two minutes? 

Not true, we put in a shift throughout, and created chances despite Liverpool’s possession... was like when we won the league IMO 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why's he chatting shit lol 

The replays showed it's taken at the time Maddison kicks the ball. 

Deflecting sightly from the fact that his decision to take Curtis Jones off cost them the game as much anything else. He was their best midfielder and finding some great positions. Taking him off for the completely ineffective Oxlade-Chamberlain totally conceded the initiative to us. Terrible decision 

Just now, Paddy. said:

Deflecting sightly from the fact that his decision to take Curtis Jones off cost them the game as much anything else. He was their best midfielder and finding some great positions. Taking him off for the completely ineffective Oxlade-Chamberlain totally conceded the initiative to us. Terrible decision 

Yeah Jones' press was harming us the most. Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't have the same effect. Totally different players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

You are defining your own terms of this exchange by solely attributing 'sloppiness' to being confined to our defensive third.  That's as much Liverpool's press though in addition to Brendan's strategy of sitting in and waiting for the counter. Much like the away game to Arsenal, he knew that our time would come and space would open up as Liverpool's intense styles of football forced errors. Risky, but it worked. A high press today would have been suicidal without the pace of Fofana and Justin and with Ricardo on his wrong side. Sloppiness does not simply equate to being pinned back in our own half or Liverpool's excellence at winning the ball back. Sloppiness manifests itself all over the park. Our front three were always going to ask questions on the counter and get in behind - which they did. Against the run of play, Vardy was unlucky not to have bagged two or three in the first half. He looked as sharp as he's been since last year. Yes, we were forced back into our defensive third for much of the game, perhaps as you say more than any other encounter this season, but that doesn't mean that it was out sloppiest performance. West Ham or Fulham at home were far, far worse. 

Ok, fair comment, let’s try again. 

The sloppiness I was referring to was how we protected possession of the ball (or didn’t as the case may be) which I thought was clear from saying: “Amartey did well enough given his time out, but it doesn’t detract from him giving the ball away cheaply.” 

For me, this is why we were pinned back in our defensive 3rd rather than specific tactics. 

Anyway, in future I’ll just say “we gave the ball away a lot” for the avoidance of doubt 

12 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Was mostly a tongue in cheek comment in all honesty mate lol 

Doesn't matter, I know what it's like, sometimes being a Leicester fan you can look at the negatives rather than the positives. The game was like 1 from 15/16 with mcmanaman saying how we haven't played to our strengths and then...... Boom 🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Anyway, in future I’ll just say “we gave the ball away a lot” for the avoidance of doubt 

Or alternatively, "in the future", how about simply not saying something like this, when it isn't true...

4 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I do hope BR doesn’t allow that 7 minute spell to paper over the fact that the first 60 odd minutes were the sloppiest we’ve been all season. Youri, Kevin and Amartey were particularly bad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

VAR absolutely ruined that. The emotion and elation has been eradicated from the sport now. Such a shame.

I think VAR is better for getting more things right but I rarely celebrate 100% as it's never a goal until VAR has confirmed it what seems like more times than not.

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Or alternatively, "in the future", how about simply not saying something like this, when it isn't true...

It’s an opinion buddy. My opinion is that we were sloppy in possession. If you don’t share that opinion then that’s also fine. It would be a boring place if we all thought the same. 

Not sure why you’re so touchy about it tbh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

This might be true. However, does it look like it to you?  Because of the images angle, it’s difficult to tell much either way. It still requires too much interpretation in my opinion. Still, it is what it is and we won, so fuch it. 

Incidentally the Liverpool forums are an utter joy. Serious meltdowns going on. One guy was even suggesting Klopp was two more losses away from the sack - wasn’t sure if he was serious. My life 🤣

So its foxestalk in disguise up there then? 

• Like 1

What a great result for the Foxes today, couldn't care a less about VAR decision, the goal stood (correct decision imo), it wont change anything, to annalise it now, Klopp got a sad on about it, no point, wont change anything we still won, the Foxes worked hard I'm chuffed to bits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

He's still bringing up the "not a natural finisher" crap about Vardy from a few years ago.

I'm sure plenty of "natural finishers" would kill for his record.

He's coming for youuu,

He's coming for youu-uuuu
Michael Owen,

He's coming for you! :ph34r:

image.png.27c78e22d8a35174c38bc2c5b9900063.png

Honestly, i'd happily bet £1000 right now that Vards will end up with more top flight goals than the authority on "natural finishing" by the time he hangs up his boots. He's got two more years in his legs after this for sure.

Edited by OntarioFox

7 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Not sure why you’re so touchy about it tbh. 

I'm not touchy at all - as you suggest it's a forum.

9 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

My opinion is that we were sloppy in possession.

Even assuming that your opinion is correct, that does not make the first 60 minutes "the sloppiest we’ve been all season." when it simply isn't true. 

Guest bss9401

My account of those few minutes:

I got so angry at 0-1 that I decide to take the dog out before I throw something at the telly.

I leave the room and we get a penalty.

I return to the room and the penalty decision is overturned. 

I leave the room and the free kick is scored.

I return to the room again and the goal is disallowed. 

I leave the room and the goal stands.

The dog is all excited now so I have to take him out.

I leave the room and Vardy scores.

As I'm about to leave the house, Barnes scores.

The most exciting turnaround in ages and I somehow manage to miss all of the best bits. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Are you shitting me? He's seriously repeated that!? 

I thought he'd have had the good sense to keep his head down and pretend he never said that. 

I've not checked this so it's an educated guess more than a fact but I'm pretty confident that if you went away and dug around for the stats, Vardy's conversion rate would be better than Owen's. 

He's literally got one of the best conversion rates of shots to goals in top flight football. He also gets himself in an incredible amount of goal scoring positions, so whether Owen meant finishing technique or his movement to sniff out chances, he's wrong in both cases. 

It's honestly one of the most shamefully, offensively, moronically wrong things a professional "pundit" has ever said about us or one of our players. 

Yes, seems like Ian Wright agreed with him which is odd because he's usually a huge admirer of Vardy.

Vardy's one of the classiest finishers in the game with, as you say, a stunning conversion rate. 

4 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

My account of those few minutes:

I got so angry at 0-1 that I decide to take the dog out before I throw something at the telly.

I leave the room and we get a penalty.

I return to the room and the penalty decision is overturned. 

I leave the room and the free kick is scored.

I return to the room again and the goal is disallowed. 

I leave the room and the goal stands.

The dog is all excited now so I have to take him out.

I leave the room and Vardy scores.

As I'm about to leave the house, Barnes scores.

The most exciting turnaround in ages and I somehow manage to miss all of the best bits. 

On behalf of all of those that believe in such superstitions, I'd like to thank you for your part in the victory today :) 

• Haha 2