Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

1 hour ago, majaco said:

For me, he is too, top player.  He would start at any club.  The abuse he gets is because he is a brilliant player in a tribal 

The constant throwing himself to the ground is the main reason for the abuse.  He would get a lot less if he didn't. 

I don't really understand the hate towards Greilish, we would love to have him here as our player. Yes people say he goes down easy, but so does madders. The way he has stayed at Villa even though he could have easily left for a bigger club. He's the Vardy of Villa, you can see he's passionate and loves his club. Great player IMO. I hope he isn't playing, we need this win as Chelsea and West Ham are gaining points on us. 

• Like 4

Grealish doesn't invite sympathy with his floppy hair, his socks rolled down and his teeny tiny shinpads.

But he gets kicked a lot, and he is clearly a massive talent and on his day can turn a game.

He dives, but all players do.  Maddison is just as bad or worse with the diving. 

Think about how cool he stayed when that idiot Birmingham City fan attacked him.  I just looked it up and it was only in 2019. Blimey,  I thought it was years and years ago lol

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I don't really understand the hate towards Greilish, we would love to have him here as our player. Yes people say he goes down easy, but so does madders. The way he has stayed at Villa even though he could have easily left for a bigger club. He's the Vardy of Villa, you can see he's passionate and loves his club. Great player IMO. I hope he isn't playing, we need this win as Chelsea and West Ham are gaining points on us. 

I find him frustrating as an opponent. Those shorts are so tight he can't stay up right. That said, I think he gives more consistently to Villa than Madders does to LCFC. He always gets involved and applies himself. Certainly against us anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

Good to hear - Thanks for your anecdote. I'm always happy to be proved wrong if somone's trying their best to be a decent human. Maybe it's the name, maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the team, maybe it's just irrational jealously...

All of the above :thumbup:... but he is a great, physical player who is probably hitting his peak now.

Imho, Madders is younger and still improving. He isn't really physical but he will be a top class player for a good decade yet, barring major injury. I was wondering what player he reminds me of without much inspiration, how about Francesco Totti? I don't think he had much pace either, especially later on, but he did have tremendous quality.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Imagine inventing new words just to be homophobic.

Two meanings of the word, my friend. To gayly skip is a joyous carefree skip, a joyous carefree skip into the despicable turd waiting room.

14 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

All of the above :thumbup:... but he is a great, physical player who is probably hitting his peak now.

Imho, Madders is younger and still improving. He isn't really physical but he will be a top class player for a good decade yet, barring major injury. I was wondering what player he reminds me of without much inspiration, how about Francesco Totti? I don't think he had much pace either, especially later on, but he did have tremendous quality.

Who doesn’t like Totti?

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

He dives, but all players do.  Maddison is just as bad or worse with the diving. 

This just isn't true though is it?Granted Maddison was known for diving in his first couple of seasons with us, but this season there are so many times he could have easily gone down but rode the challenge and got past a player or two.

The standout that I remember recently was his assist for Under against Brentford. Challenged twice and could have gone down on the edge of the box but wriggled through 3 or 4 players to get the ball to Under. 

Think Maddison needs more credit for improving his honesty in the game. Grealish on the other hand goes down if there's a small gust of wind. 

Edited by IsItMuzzy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

The Grealish-Maddison debate ..... add Foden and Mount in there, with some steel, and that’s one heck of a midfield at Southgate’s disposal. Not that he’ll ever find a way to get them all on the pitch at the same time, same as Roy couldn’t get Kane and Vardy - England’s two best match-winners - into the same team 😞

Then add TAA and the ability we have up front. Some huge huge ability at his disposal

3 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

This just isn't true though is it?Granted Maddison was known for diving in his first couple of seasons with us, but this season there are so many times he could have easily gone down but rode the challenge and got past a player or two.

The standout that I remember recently was his assist for Under against Brentford. Challenged twice and could have gone down on the edge of the box but wriggled through 3 or 4 players to get the ball to Under. 

Think Maddison needs more credit for improving his honesty in the game. Grealish on the other hand goes down if there's a small gust of wind. 

I disagree.

I greatly admire James Maddison.  He has been a big part of our current exceptional levels of performance.

But if you can't see him leaping, salmon-like, when he has no cause to, fairly regularly and up to the present, and to the extent that some refs have started waving play on instead of giving him the foul, you ain't watching the same thing as I am.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Then add TAA and the ability we have up front. Some huge huge ability at his disposal

Yes and you can almost guarantee that Southgate will not get the best out of the talent we have, due to his negativity and desire to pick a line up with players from the Sky 6.

Edited by Blue Fox 72