Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

19 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If Graelish were a Leicester player this place would absolutely adore him.

Of course, in the same way we adore Vardy, but if he played for anyone else we’d bloody hate him. Every single club has players who are adored by their own fans but hated by everyone else, it’s part of football.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Of course, in the same way we adore Vardy, but if he played for anyone else we’d bloody hate him. Every single club has players who are adored by their own fans but hated by everyone else, it’s part of football.

No one can really hate Vardy. It against the laws of nature😁

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

If Graelish were a Leicester player this place would absolutely adore him.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’d forgotten about this last season. 

Wilf catching his gum gets me every ****ing time lol

Nah. He gayly skipped past through the "bit of a rascal" corridor and happily started waiting into despicable turd waiting room.

11 hours ago, Shah johns said:

Not saying I know but pretty confident! 

Just looking at the betting odds Leicester have been 2.5 most of the week and have no come into 2.3.

That could be consistent with what you've said about Grealish being out or might just be a market move for no other reason than people think we're overpriced. A good sign though.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Mentioned this before but worth sharing again for some balance.

I went to interview Grealish at Villa's training ground about 18 months ago for talkSPORT.

He had a stack of pieces to do with various media outlets. I was the last in the line of broadcasters.

Grealish spent time chatting happily with reporters, camera crew etc during changeover bits and even when it came to the final interview he was chilled and relaxed and helpful.

Even took time afterwards to record a video message for a young fan of his.

He came across as very humble, warm, genuine, approachable etc - we even had an off record natter about Ibiza and DJing and stuff.

I know this doesn't fit with the diving narrative or his off field misdemeanours but he couldn't have been more amenable.

PS Obviously I hope he doesn't play or doesn't play well against us and I'd sign him in a heart beat - not that he'd come to us, not enough of a step up from Villa, whatever we may think. 

For me, he is too, top player.  He would start at any club.  The abuse he gets is because he is a brilliant player in a tribal game.

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I went to interview Grealish at Villa's training ground about 18 months ago for talkSPORT.

He had a stack of pieces to do with various media outlets. I was the last in the line of broadcasters.

Grealish spent time chatting happily with reporters, camera crew etc during changeover bits and even when it came to the final interview he was chilled and relaxed and helpful.

He came across as very humble, warm, genuine, approachable etc - we even had an off record natter about Ibiza and DJing and stuff.

I know this doesn't fit with the diving narrative or his off field misdemeanours but he couldn't have been more amenable.

PS Obviously I hope he doesn't play or doesn't play well against us and I'd sign him in a heart beat - not that he'd come to us, not enough of a step up from Villa, whatever we may think. 

Right, that’s you banned and ostracised.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Grealish is a far better player than Maddison, that's a fact on current form. 

This is a tough game today, they'll cause us problems for sure. 

I don't think thats true at all they are pretty even imo, they are both as good as each other.

Maddsion in the Prem 22 games 7 goals 5 assists

Grelsih in the Prem 22 games 6 goals 10 assists

He is defiently not a far better player

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Grealish has taken his game to another level, but it took him several years to get there. He's very, very good and is more of a constant threat in games than Maddison but I actually think Maddison is becoming more of a big game player. 

I think Madderz has more potential, but Grealish is more consistent right now - (esp. looking at his assists).

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

Good to hear - Thanks for your anecdote. I'm always happy to be proved wrong if somone's trying their best to be a decent human. Maybe it's the name, maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the team, maybe it's just irrational jealously...

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Appears to be no noise on Grealish, other than a few 'ITK's' on twitter. See that Samuel Martin FPL reckons it's confirmed he's not playing. Will believe it when I see it.

Nothing was mentioned in yesterday's press conference? Seems strange that if such a big player is injured it has not been mentioned at all. Grealish will probably play. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the insight @UpTheLeagueFox, We k sure he is a lovely bloke, and certainly a great footballer, would you say he was an intelligent person? He just always reminds me in the way he speaks of Mark Draper, who was well not the sharpest tool in the shed. Never did get his move to Italian giants Barcelona did he.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nothing was mentioned in yesterday's press conference? Seems strange that if such a big player is injured it has not been mentioned at all. Grealish will probably play. 

Will have to wait and see when Barry from Edgbaston - global voice of the Villains and never wrote releases the early team news.

The Grealish-Maddison debate ..... add Foden and Mount in there, with some steel, and that’s one heck of a midfield at Southgate’s disposal. Not that he’ll ever find a way to get them all on the pitch at the same time, same as Roy couldn’t get Kane and Vardy - England’s two best match-winners - into the same team 😞