Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

Southgate couldn’t get a tune out of a radio, unless it was made in Chelsea. Bloke is an utter shill for those above him. 

Grealish is a weird one. Decent player, seems to have been massively loyal to Villa, and yet I just don’t like him, not one bit.  I’d hate to have him at Leicester and yet he’d likely strengthen the squad significantly. Weird. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Thought this post was close to the bone:

The interesting thing here is Leicester actually haven't been in that amazing form for a while.

Look at their recent results.....

1-1 at Everton- Not a bad point at Goodison in normal times but Fulham and Newcastle have both won there in last month.

1-3 loss home to Leeds- Leeds completely killed them on the counter attack.

0-0 at Wolves- Leicester had the better chances but really didn't create much and given Wolves general form for last 3 months not beating them currently is a missed opportunity.

0-0 tonight and again they didn't create much at all despite being near full strength.

Think the last 10 minutes where Liverpool basically imploded has created an illusion they're in better form than they currently are but guess beating Liverpool could be result they need to kick on and secure top 4.

It will be tough for us. We never match up well v Leicester when they're at full strength and the worry is they'll get an early goal and it will all click for them. We simply have to play it like we did in the away game and hopefully get some counter attacks going second half. Or get an early goal and defend well like we did v Arsenal but think Leicester will score a couple if we give them the space Arsenal did.

My thoughts haven't changed, a point here is a very good result for us.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Southgate couldn’t get a tune out of a radio, unless it was made in Chelsea. Bloke is an utter shill for those above him. 

Grealish is a weird one. Decent player, seems to have been massively loyal to Villa, and yet I just don’t like him, not one bit.  I’d hate to have him at Leicester and yet he’d likely strengthen the squad significantly. Weird. 

We can’t afford him, he is a gazza in making his attitude and behaviour off the field is deeply questionable, seems to the surrounded by questionable people, sort of modern day Irish immigrant peaky blinder types, he was so wrapped up in that he even played Irish sports and for the Irish underage international sides, it’s believed he lack of respect and thought for Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane led him to us, I’m sure he is a decent player that’s obvious but 60/80m NOT a hope and with his lifestyle he will be cooked by 29/30 maybe sooner 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

You can’t compare Madders to Grealish. They’re completely different players, only similarity is they’re both attacking. 

Glad someone else realises it.

With where Grealish plays for Villa, it's more suitable to compare Grealish to Barnes. Both generally play on the left, are very direct, both love to take on defenders and cut inside as they progress up the pitch.

Maddison is central and when Rodgers has played him out on the wing, he's ineffective. He's more effective staying up centrally and finding pockets of space. His strength isn't to take on players at pace like Grealish would, it's more linking play with midfield and Vardy/attackers. 

Every week pundits ask which player should go with England to the Euros - Grealish, Mount, Foden, Maddison - they all play differently and so far I've only seen Savage (!) recognise that Maddison is an actual no.10 and won't be shifted out to the wing - Grealish and Foden can. Mount is central too and plays for Chelsea so no doubt will go regardless of how good/bad he plays. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The interesting thing here is Leicester actually haven't been in that amazing form for a while.

1-1 at Everton- Not a bad point at Goodison in normal times but Fulham and Newcastle have both won there in last month.

0-0 at Wolves- Leicester had the better chances but really didn't create much and given Wolves general form for last 3 months not beating them currently is a missed opportunity.

0-0 tonight and again they didn't create much at all despite being near full strength.

Think the last 10 minutes where Liverpool basically imploded has created an illusion they're in better form than they currently are but guess beating Liverpool could be result they need to kick on and secure top 4.

It will be tough for us. We never match up well v Leicester when they're at full strength and the worry is they'll get an early goal and it will all click for them. We simply have to play it like we did in the away game and hopefully get some counter attacks going second half. Or get an early goal and defend well like we did v Arsenal but think Leicester will score a couple if we give them the space Arsenal did.

Ooof. That's painfully accurate and a bit like this time last season when results slowly worsened as the squad got thinner and thinner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Grealish doesn't invite sympathy with his floppy hair, his socks rolled down and his teeny tiny shinpads.

But he gets kicked a lot, and he is clearly a massive talent and on his day can turn a game.

He dives, but all players do.  Maddison is just as bad or worse with the diving. 

Think about how cool he stayed when that idiot Birmingham City fan attacked him.  I just looked it up and it was only in 2019. Blimey,  I thought it was years and years ago lol

He's since said he thought one of the Birmingham players had lost their head so went down, the punch didn't really connect and if he knew it was a fan he'd have moved away rather than go to the floor. Scored the winner in that game aswell didn't he? Must have been super satisfying. Can only imagine the level of trolling vardy would dish out in the same scenario. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

Ooof. That's painfully accurate and a bit like this time last season when results slowly worsened as the squad got thinner and thinner. 

Yes I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault that recent form has been a bit lacklustre. It’s just the schedule congestion and consequent injuries.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think we will get a wake up call today. We have not been great recently and in the last 4 games were only decent in an attacking way for parts of the Liverpool game. The defence and Schmeichel have carried us through. 

If we start slowly again and passing is off, tempo at half pace we’ll lose this by two or three. It’s not surprising as this schedule and injuries will eventually take effect. 

I am fearful of a drubbing as well. Hope the players are feeling energised.

I'll go for 2-2, Barnes and Ricardo for us.

• Like 1

Due to every other time we have had the chance to get a bit of space when other results have favoured us we have choked it.

Hopefully we are at the top of our game and we don't blow it again.

Still I think we will win LCFC 3 - Villa 0

They're a good side that functions well, but are heavily reliant on Grealish who is a top player in all fairness. We stop him and they've got very little creativity so hopefully that limits their threat. They'll probably say the same about Vardy but we've got Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans all of whom have been decent attacking threats this season, protected by the best DM in the world in Wilf. If we turn up and play our normal game we should win. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think we will get a wake up call today. We have not been great recently and in the last 4 games were only decent in an attacking way for parts of the Liverpool game. The defence and Schmeichel have carried us through. 

If we start slowly again and passing is off, tempo at half pace we’ll lose this by two or three. It’s not surprising as this schedule and injuries will eventually take effect. 

Absolutely agree with this post in every way. Worth pointing out on the defensive front that Soyuncu has been IMMENSE!!  I used ti s**t myself at corners, but he clears everything (ball and openents) - if hes passed into a corner he will do a Cruyff turn and an effective clearance - he's so cool under pressure he is like David Luis (without the brainfart mistakes!).

Can't believe some were questioning his place in the team. AWESOME. 

• Like 1

You funny bastards. 

Can't be getting me laughing. It gives false hope. 

In reality, I totally agree we're in for a wake up call here after the freak Liverpool result and a few toothless performances. 

Unless, we suddenly switch it back on which can happen at any time in football. 

56 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

We can’t afford him, he is a gazza in making his attitude and behaviour off the field is deeply questionable, seems to the surrounded by questionable people, sort of modern day Irish immigrant peaky blinder types, he was so wrapped up in that he even played Irish sports and for the Irish underage international sides, it’s believed he lack of respect and thought for Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane led him to us, I’m sure he is a decent player that’s obvious but 60/80m NOT a hope and with his lifestyle he will be cooked by 29/30 maybe sooner 

You're just saying that coz of his hair, 

I completely agree though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

I know nothing about him. Do you mind explaining how you know all this stuff to be accurate?

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Yes ..this is something I have thought about...Nothing to so with Quality of 1st Choice or depth of squad...

In normal circumstances, season normally longer drawn out..

But with compressed season, then Scheduling,  injuries before season  an & compressor Nature of this season,us  compounding all clubs, Injury-recovery process...Plus though it is rarely mentioned..Covid, & Covid-bubbles, Add to any given alaround complications, & individual/Family & squad stress...

• Like 1

I got slated for saying that the Liverpool result papered over cracks. The forum Gestapo even removed my comment. Hopefully today proves me wrong and we bring back some real form throughout the duration of 90 minutes, not just rely on our opposition having off days.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We also beat Fulham and Brighton in the cup in between these games so our form hasn’t been to bad.