Jump to content
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Recommended Posts

Danny "Why are they celebrating, they're still ten points adrift" Murphy can suck a wet teabag. Another of those weird ex-"big club" pros who has a hate-boner for us upsetting the status-quo since we were promoted.

 

:brendan:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I honesty think he wasnt bothered about failing and is happy to get paid with a pay off if he gets firedas Spurs wont define his legacy.

Was he signed with 1 eye on the documentary? :ph34r: He gets viewers, and an insider look at Jose Mourinho is far more appealing than many other managers.

 

Half a chance it works out on the pitch, but 100% chance he's pure box office lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I honesty think he wasnt bothered about failing and is happy to get paid with a pay off if he gets fired as Spurs wont define his legacy.

 

Mourinho is no fool.  I read a recent piece (Jack Pitt-Brooke) which stated there is no buyout in his contract.  If Spurs want rid it’ll cost them the rest of the ₤45 (?) million.

 

Levy rarely gets so outsmarted, but he had his fanboy hat on for this one.  Revenue way down, CL football unlikely ... and he has to burn big money to correct his mistake.  You love to see it!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I 100% believe we have a better team than spurs. I don't think it's shocking we're ahead of them. 

I don't even think it's close. There are a couple of Spurs players who would maybe go straight into our best 11, but not that many. Possibly 0 in defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I don't even think it's close. There are a couple of Spurs players who would maybe go straight into our best 11, but not that many. Possibly 0 in defence.

Son and Kane would find a home. Not sure there are many more that would walk into our team without a real fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Son and Kane would find a home. Not sure there are many more that would walk into our team without a real fight.

I’m not convinced on Son. I thought only Moura on the right in all honesty. Kane isn’t guaranteed with Vardy still playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m not convinced on Son. I thought only Moura on the right in all honesty. Kane isn’t guaranteed with Vardy still playing. 

Spurs have about 4 players (Lamela, Lucas, Bale and Son) who I would have in our right wing position over Perez/Albrighton/Under. Kane right now is better than Vardy he also 100% starts for me. Reguilon would also be starting currently with JJ out injured. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As a broadcaster, I'm fortunate to work with a lot of ex pros and most have played in the PL and/or for their country.

I've not come across a single ex player in the media who hate us for winning the league or hate us for challenging for Champions League or hate us for breaking up the "Big Six" domination.

Quite the opposite in fact, they absolutely loved what we did in 15/16 and adore what Rodgers is doing with us.

Some naturally have leanings towards their old clubs but there really is no major hate for us, whatever some of our fans imagine.

I would agree in that I don't think there is any hate for us from the mainstream media/pundits. But the massive bias towards the 'big 6' is there for all to see, plain and simple.

 

Most of them give us praise for what we are doing to upset the status quo but it is usually done in a patronising know your place type way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I would agree in that I don't think there is any hate for us from the mainstream media/pundits. But the massive bias towards the 'big 6' is there for all to see, plain and simple.

 

Most of them give us praise for what we are doing to upset the status quo but it is usually done in a patronising know your place type way.

Bias as in concentrating their time on the big six ?  That’s just business ..... it’s the advertising that pays the bills (beyond the subscriptions) and the best way to keep the tills ringing is to broadcast as much as possible about the big six clubs  .........  moreso yanited and liverpool ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bias as in concentrating their time on the big six ?  That’s just business ..... it’s the advertising that pays the bills (beyond the subscriptions) and the best way to keep the tills ringing is to broadcast as much as possible about the big six clubs  .........  moreso yanited and liverpool ....

Yeah, but as a fan of a non-big six club, and also a paying customer, it’s bound to grate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As a broadcaster, I'm fortunate to work with a lot of ex pros and most have played in the PL and/or for their country.

I've not come across a single ex player in the media who hate us for winning the league or hate us for challenging for Champions League or hate us for breaking up the "Big Six" domination.

Quite the opposite in fact, they absolutely loved what we did in 15/16 and adore what Rodgers is doing with us.

Some naturally have leanings towards their old clubs but there really is no major hate for us, whatever some of our fans imagine.

you met danny murphy though? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As a broadcaster, I'm fortunate to work with a lot of ex pros and most have played in the PL and/or for their country.

I've not come across a single ex player in the media who hate us for winning the league or hate us for challenging for Champions League or hate us for breaking up the "Big Six" domination.

Quite the opposite in fact, they absolutely loved what we did in 15/16 and adore what Rodgers is doing with us.

Some naturally have leanings towards their old clubs but there really is no major hate for us, whatever some of our fans imagine.

I too don't think that there's an actual personal hatred towards us either. All pundits are asked to provide professional opinion and understandably their reputations, to some extent, rely on them predicting things correctly. Who in their right minds until right near the end would have dared to predict Leicester City winning the Premier League? Many of us on here, even with our blue tinted specs on were more than a little sceptical, albeit we were enjoying the ride.

 

Although the landscape has changed somewhat, usually the richest teams with the best players win, that's just how it's been for years. Injuries of course are a huge contributor and easier to be absorbed by richer bigger squads. Most of our players were ever present in our winning year lest we forget. 

Can we actually win it again? Yes, but it would be no less of a miracle than before. Can we become a top 4 side? Absolutely the way we are going.

 

At the start of our first home Champions League match when the music started, my son and I sat in the stand just burst out laughing, it was so surreal, real fairytale stuff! I really do believe we can get there again. Keep the faith! All pundits opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt. Some just trot out the same old same old and maintain the staus quo for self preservation. Some are quite good though and do challenge it and I'm sure many of us recognise the two groups when they come on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12227534/leicester-city-are-in-the-big-six-now-brendan-rodgers-on-the-tactical-flexibility-that-is-key-to-their-success

 

Leicester City are in the big six now: Brendan Rodgers on the tactical flexibility that is key to their success

 

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers explains how his side have needed to be tactically flexible to succeed this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Bias as in concentrating their time on the big six ?  That’s just business ..... it’s the advertising that pays the bills (beyond the subscriptions) and the best way to keep the tills ringing is to broadcast as much as possible about the big six clubs  .........  moreso yanited and liverpool ....

But it's still bias ... bias for business reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...