Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

Just now, goody2028 said:

Tell you what this thread could not of came at a better time. See you all Sunday at 14:00 đź‘Ť

Tonight’s Foxestalk content was a gentle reminder to take a little break from this place every now and then. Some serious overreactions on here. Agree with you, see you Sunday 👍

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely people are allowed to be disappointed with two performances devoid of any quality or creativity. The last 16 was there for the taking. 

Yes of course but have you seen some of the reactions in the post match thread? 

Frankly moronic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Having watched the likes of Junior Lewis, Elvis Hammond, Ryan Mcgivern, Tony Spearing, Josh Low, Ade Akinbiyi and Big Trev I’m ok with where we are now 

Yeah it isn’t too bad, just our second defeat in 20... I think it has been a great season so far, but come on here and you would think we are in a relegation battle 

• Like 2

Just now, Hales said:

We have been blooming brilliant this year. Proud of them! Some amazing results and pushing our way firmly into the top 4.  I love this team and love watching them grow and learn. Exciting times. Lots to be excited about! 

Calm down fella. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Having watched the likes of Junior Lewis, Elvis Hammond, Ryan Mcgivern, Tony Spearing, Josh Low, Ade Akinbiyi and Big Trev I’m ok with where we are now 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah it isn’t too bad, just our second defeat in 20... I think it has been a great season so far, but come on here and you would think we are in a relegation battle 

Some voices of reason in the immediate aftermath of a very poor result :appl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If you’re not disappointed then youre not a lcfc fan. The way we got dumped out was horrendous and we just didn’t turn up. Individually and collectively terrible. 

But, some of the comments on here are even more embarrassing than that performance. Got to look at the bigger picture. We’re having a fantastic season and I’d be damned if I let a shitty two leg cup tie ruin it for me. 

Exactly

I've been coming here for years but tonight the level of overreaction in the match thread reached critical mass

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Creating a much-needed 'calm down' thread.

Feel free to come and hang out here whenever the meltdowns get too much.

We're out of the Europa League, a competition that offers a CL spot for the winner and absolutely nothing for second place.

No glory. No riches. Just miles of travel and a bunch of tough midweek fixtures against some established European stalwarts.

We are stretched to the brink with injuries, and people are demanding too much from a thin squad. 

Calm down. This has been an unusually tough season physically and mentally for the players. If they can deliver our second-best ever league finish and qualify for the Champions League, at this stage we should be overjoyed at the prospect - and sod everything else.

Back the lads.

Great post mate. Top job.

Some of the 'loser mentality' posts in the post-match thread have made me laugh. If having a winners mentality is claiming everything is shit and generally throwing your toys out the pram the moment it doesn't go our way, then I'm happy to remain a loser.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I’m calm just disappointed I grew up when if we made it through the first round of the uefa cup it would be a miracle. I genuinely thought we had a great chance of getting fat in this years completion but haven’t really turned up and had The manager making excuses and playing weakened sides well at least we won’t be tired in the future 

Fookin hell. I grew up when if we made it past the fourth round of the FA Cup it was a miracle.

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If you’re not disappointed then youre not a lcfc fan. The way we got dumped out was horrendous and we just didn’t turn up. Individually and collectively terrible. 

But, some of the comments on here are even more embarrassing than that performance. Got to look at the bigger picture. We’re having a fantastic season and I’d be damned if I let a shitty two leg cup tie ruin it for me. 

Summed up perfectly. Totally agree 

Some people tonight cannot see the wood for the, er, saplings - couldn’t say trees now could I. 

I think this is precisely what Brendan wanted. 

We cannot fight with this squad and these injuries on 3 fronts and likely not two. 

At least three of our main competitors for top 4 will now have many more games to play than us. It’s likely to help. 

CL qualification has to be the main aim this season and securing a top 4 finish the priority. 

If we had a better squad and fewer injuries I’d be gutted to go out of any competition. This, though, was sensible and might lead us back into the CL, which we will of course win. 

The circumstances of this season are the only reasons I can really forgive that. Make no mistake if we were to go out to Slavia Prague next season, in a 'normal' season, I would be disgusted.

Tonight however, while it was pretty pathetic, I think I can forgive.

I like this thread. Well done OP. 

Some of the OTT reactions after the first loss in a while make you think we've just been relegated to the third tier again. 

People lose a ridiculous amount of perspective after one loss, as disappointing as it may be. 

I think it's right to retain the calmness levels. The whole squad will want to feel like they have to get this defeat out of their minds and as they'll probably all say, having a game in 3 days time - regardless of opposition - is the best way to put things right. 

We will get another shot at Europe and that may be the Europa League or Champions League. Either way, let's try and enjoy the rest of the season as we're still in the FA Cup and still very competitive and doing superbly in the league at this stage.

For most of the season the mentality of this squad has been praised after all the adversity of all the injuries. Players have stepped up commendably and filled in where necessary for the most part. The players are not mentally weak as has been claimed. A mentally weak side, in the craziest circumstances around Covid-19 and all the injuries suffered, doesn't get to where we are this season so far. 

I have hope we will continue to succeed in the league and I am hopeful we will remain in the top 4 spots. 

• Like 3

You could certainly make a case for putting me in the overreaction camp with my comments on the other thread, but I'm not suggesting it's been a bad season, or the wheels have come off.

I agree such comments are ridiculous.

I've just temporarily lost the point of it all. A weakened side in Europe, so we can concentrate on the league and qualify for Europe so we can......

Apparently it's all about the money not trophies.

Anyhow I've popped one of my purple tablets under my tongue and I'm off to bed. 

I'm sure it will all make sense in the morning.