Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nothing less than 5 CDMs will do. Can't believe how gung ho Brendan went against Burnley with 2 attacking players on the pitch. The guys a mad man I tell thee

He makes Bielsa look like the love child of Mourinho and Allardyce with such attacking ambition 

Guest Fktf
2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d get the old band back together for the left hand side, for this one (Fuchs and Albrighton) Fuchs is fresh and Brighton aren’t blessed with pace on the flanks, so this could suit him.

4-4-fuching-2

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Albrighton

Iheancho

Vardy

square pegs, square holes (apart from Ricardo 👀)

Isn't their rb, so attacking our left, absolutely rapid?

No further players will be back from injury this weekend to Rodgers post match. Can't see him starting Under so will probably play Ricardo further forward again:

Schmeichel 

Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Thomas

Tielemans, Ndidi, 

Ricardo, Nacho, Albrighton,

Vardy.  

Concern with Nacho in the no 10 role is this will end up more as a 4 4 2 leaving us exposed in midfield but limited options unless he goes with 2 DMs and Youri further forward, which isn't his best position. 

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soy Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi

Under        Tavares     Albrighton

Iheanacho 

Best team available right now in my opinion. I'm relying on my limited Tavares knowledge to assume he can play that position competently, if not another U23 who is a natural in that role. I want Vardy no where near the squad until after the international break as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Kasper

Tielemans Ndidi

Iheanacho 

Best team available right now in my opinion. I'm relying on my limited Tavares knowledge to assume he can play that position competently, if not another U23 who is a natural in that role. I want Vardy no where near the squad until after the international break as well.

Just watched MOTD, and it was Vardy's movement that created the space for Iheanacho to score. Not saying I am in complete disagreement with you, but sometimes just having Vardy in the line-up can cause the opposing teams headaches, due to his movement and how much respect defenders need to give him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Just watched MOTD, and it was Vardy's movement that created the space for Iheanacho to score. Not saying I am in complete disagreement with you, but sometimes just having Vardy in the line-up can cause the opposing teams headaches, due to his movement and how much respect defenders need to give him. 

He just doesn't seem right to me at all. We need him back fully firing and I don't think the intense schedule is helping him at all at the minute. I'd prefer to sacrifice having  him for a couple of games to have a fresh Vardy for the run-in. After all we should have enough to get past Brighton and Sheffield United without him.

• Like 1

-----------------------Kasper----------------------

Ricardo--Fofana---Soyuncu--Thomas

-------------Tielemans-----N'didi-------------

Albrighton--------------------------Castagne

-----------------Iheanacho------------------------

----------------------------Vardy--------------------

Please, for the love of God, rest Vardy. I feel like a broken record, but the man cannot play so many games in a row. We are destroying one of the best tools in our locker through misuse, when we should be taking care of him in order to get as much time out of him as possible. 

He made a great move to open up the space for Iheanacho's goal, but that was it. At least let him sub on around the 60th minute or something. 

Brighton are really quite good defensively but have no attacking impetus down their right hand side, not to mention their finishing overall is terrible. I would try this

Ricardo Iheanacho Under

Tielemans Ndidi (whoever)

Thomas Soyuncu Fofana Castagne

I think another draw is likely to be fully honest.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Is Perez back?? This is fantastic news

I thought he was but it appears not, potentially back involved for the Sheff United game the weekend after:nono:

Ayoze Perez

Injury: Knee, sustained vs Liverpool on February 13.

Potential return : March 14 (vs Sheffield United)

What Rodgers has said : “He (Perez) is out training,” Rodgers said. “I don’t think he’ll be available for the two games this week.

“I saw him out on the grass with the medical team. He’s feeling good. That was his first introduction back out.

“We’ll see how he is at the end of the week. Then maybe available for the game after Brighton (against Sheffield United).”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fofana-maddison-perez-latest-leicester-5068238

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Teams are still respecting Vardy as if he were Vardy, when in fact his movement and touch are non-existent.  His reputation still makes him useful for that reason, but either he's going to round into form (unlikely if Rodgers runs him into the ground) or teams are going to realize he can't do them any damage and defend him like the player he currently is and not the one he was.

For me, in this trio of games of Burnley, Brighton and Sheffield United, ideally it would've been 9 points but with the injury situation I can forgive 7. For me now we have to win this. I just don't think we can afford another draw. Draws kill you eventually.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Kasper

Tielemans Ndidi

Iheanacho 

Under won't ever start. Not unless we lose Ricardo and Albrighton. He doesn't do enough defensively there fore is useless to Brendan. Until Perez is back Ricardo will play as the most advanced right sided player. 

Definitely think we will win this, Potter will set these up to have a go, we are significantly weakened so they will see it as an opportunity and attack, and they will leave space in behind for Vardy to exploit... Tavares may actually start in this one if Perez is not back. 

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Other than that one contribution, that was about it though. I'm a huge fan of Vardy but as difficult as it is to say, his best position is on the bench at the moment as an impact sub for me. He's been played unnecessarily at times since his return from injury on occasions when he could have been used more sparingly. You reap what you sow.

Now isn’t the time for fancy Dan spice boys like Under or untested youth players like Tavares. Time to roll the sleeves up and grind out ugly shithouse wins.

Schmeichel 

Fofana    Soyuncu     Fuchs

Ricardo    Ndidi  Tielemans  Mendy  Castagne

Iheanacho     Vardy

• Like 2