Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

The problem  with our playing a back 3 is that we actually don't seem to use the wingbacks well. So many times in the first-half tonight Castagne was wide open and free out on the left (and this was after his run and cross for Hamza's chance), but was simply ignored. 

True. Fair point. I'm not a fan of it anyway because we look a bit shaky, but I can't deal with Amartey as RB (and wanting Ricardo up further) if we played a back 4.

Also saw the Castagne runs! So much space. I know Tielemans had a decent shot saved but there was a moment Kelechi could have played Castagne in to loads of space and then perhaps shot/cut it back for an easy tap in. Ah well.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

True. Fair point. I'm not a fan of it anyway because we look a bit shaky, but I can't deal with Amartey as RB (and wanting Ricardo up further) if we played a back 4.

Also saw the Castagne runs! So much space. I know Tielemans had a decent shot saved but there was a moment Kelechi could have played Castagne in to loads of space and then perhaps shot/cut it back for an easy tap in. Ah well.

Not a fan of playing Ricardo further up, in any case.

He's decent enough, but it's not his best position. Would rather see Albrighton there, and Ricardo back at RB.

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Not a fan of playing Ricardo further up, in any case.

He's decent enough, but it's not his best position. Would rather see Albrighton there, and Ricardo back at RB.

Who goes on the left then?

Schmeichel  

Riccy      Fofana         Soyuncu    Thomas

Ndidi 

Albrighton     Tielemans        Castangne 

Iheanacho/Taveres 

Vardy/Iheanacho 

Maddison if fit but he won't get full game, Iheanacho for Vardy with Taveres behind? Maybe Under in behind the striker? Think he'd play much better there instead of on the right? I'd definitely play Soyuncu and Fofana and leave Evans on bench. As much as I love the Evans and Soyuncu pairing, I think they slow the game down too much in recent weeks 

I’d get the old band back together for the left hand side, for this one (Fuchs and Albrighton) Fuchs is fresh and Brighton aren’t blessed with pace on the flanks, so this could suit him.

4-4-fuching-2

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Albrighton

Iheancho

Vardy

square pegs, square holes (apart from Ricardo 👀)

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Brighton can't buy a goal. So Brighton 4-0 Leicester.

We need to win really as we will have much tougher games. Would a draw be bad? Who knows, end of May will tell us.

Yes. Of course it will be. 

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Brighton can't buy a goal. So Brighton 4-0 Leicester.

We need to win really as we will have much tougher games. Would a draw be bad? Who knows, end of May will tell us.

There are tough games, but we also play the likes of sheff u, Newcastle, Southampton, West Brom, brighton, palace... so we have very winnable games too especially with players coming back. We have more games that we can certainly win compared to not win 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

There are tough games, but we also play the likes of sheff u, Newcastle, Southampton, West Brom, brighton, palace... so we have very winnable games too especially with players coming back. We have more games that we can certainly win compared to not win 

It would be nice to get 6 points on the board next two games just for some confidence. Then pick up a few more wins against lower oppositions and get one or two results in the run in. Who knows.

Whatever happens on Saturday, beating Sheff Utd is a must with all due respect.

These prats are so bad at game management that I think we can get the win, we need to go 4-2-3-1 even if its Albrighton and Ricardo out wide and Thomas and Castagne at full back. Be positive and decisive and we will get the win.

• Like 1

Completely different game to Burnley. They actually like to play football and that will suit us. 

Strangely enough, I think this Burnley result, gives us something to build on and start finding form again 

Ditch Hamza and Amartey and lets get back to controlling the game and passing through teams 

Vardy is obviously a concern but we have seen dry patches in the past, and he always comes out of them and starts banging them in again 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Not knocking the lad but what did everyone see this evening to put Tavares in the starting 11?

I saw how horribly devoid of any balance we are when deploying 4 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders and in order for us to be collectively better we need to have our key players in their best positions and system. That is 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tielemans in a 2 and the 3 behind Vardy or Iheanacho being Albrighton and Ricardo and that leaves the advanced central role. There's question marks over the likes of Ünder in a central role and Iheanacho I'd probably play up top and rest Vardy so that only leaves Tavares if we harbour any intention of being creative. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I saw how horribly devoid of any balance we are when deploying 4 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders and in order for us to be collectively better we need to have our key players in their best positions and system. That is 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tielemans in a 2 and the 3 behind Vardy or Iheanacho being Albrighton and Ricardo and that leaves the advanced central role. There's question marks over the likes of Ünder in a central role and Iheanacho I'd probably play up top and rest Vardy so that only leaves Tavares if we harbour any intention of being creative. 

Totally agree. I think Rodgers is making a mistake by moving our best performing players out of position to fill another role.

Keep the likes of Tielemans and N'didi in their usual roles and find players in the squad to fill the gaps. 

I know that is easier than it sounds, with all our injuries but just look how N'didi struggled at CB and how we also lost our best DCM with just that switch.

I have no idea if Tavares will do a job for us, but at least Rodgers has given him a couple of cameos now and got him primed for a potential start. 

• Like 1

Brighton are for more of an enterprising team so there will be gaps to exploit. But a physically fuched Vardy would not be effective, so bench him and start Iheanacho, he deserves that much. Kelechi can consider himself unfortunate to be substituted tonight. Tavares showed promise and deserves a shot. We go defensive again with the likes of Choudhury and Mendy, then we deserve everything we get against a Brighton side not afraid to attack.

Schmeichel

Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Thomas

Tielemans, Ndidi

Pereira, Tavares, Albrighton,

Iheanacho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ünder

Perez (or Kelechi if not fit)

Albrighton

Vardy

I think I'd probably go with this. 

I would say play Ian up top and give Vardy a rest, but when I've advocated this in the past and it happens - Nacho always seems to disappoint. 

The lack of someone to play in the Maddison role is obvious. Perez, if available, is probably the best fit. Kelechi if Vardy does start, but I hope we stick to the formation. I'd rather try someone else there than move the whole team around even if it's someone like Tavares.

The key to this run in might be to try and keep players in a rhythm and playing in their best roles in a consistent formation - even if injuries are forcing us to alter the personnel a bit.