Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

Just now, STUHILL said:

Just watched MOTD, and it was Vardy's movement that created the space for Iheanacho to score. Not saying I am in complete disagreement with you, but sometimes just having Vardy in the line-up can cause the opposing teams headaches, due to his movement and how much respect defenders need to give him. 

I made the same comment in the match thread. Vardy pulled out Tharcowsky with his movement and left a open space for Nacho in our goal. But Nacho occured to me more mobile than Vardy, he touched the ball much more than Vardy and he was creating spaces up untill he was subbed, which was unjust for Nacho in my opinion. 

As for Brighton game Vardy should get in in the 2nd half if scorewise needed. I want to see Castagne right back, ricardo can play left back behind albrighton.  My team would be;

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Soy Ricardo

Hamza Ndidi

Under     Tielemans    Albrighton

Nacho 

13 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s missing Maddison and Barnes. They have been a massive part of his game this season. He’ll come good again

...he hasn't got the explosive acceleration over a short distance that makes him Vardy!!!

He is carrying an injury and perhaps playing with injections to get through this period. 

It is not a case of missing Barnes and Maddison,  he has looked isolated and unused with them both on the pitch before. He needs to rest up and fully recover but our options are truly not there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

I made the same comment in the match thread. Vardy pulled out Tharcowsky with his movement and left a open space for Nacho in our goal. But Nacho occured to me more mobile than Vardy, he touched the ball much more than Vardy and he was creating spaces up untill he was subbed, which was unjust for Nacho in my opinion. 

As for Brighton game Vardy should get in in the 2nd half if scorewise needed. I want to see Castagne right back, ricardo can play left back behind albrighton.  My team would be;

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Soy Ricardo

Hamza Ndidi

Under     Tielemans    Albrighton

Nacho 

..you know Nacho will always want to drop deeper, effectively taking up Tielemans space!!!

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

..you know Nacho will always want to drop deeper, effectively taking up Tielemans space!!!

In my opinion, no wingers playing behind opponent defenders is the reason why both Nacho and Vardy drops deep.

2 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

In my opinion, no wingers playing behind opponent defenders is the reason why both Nacho and Vardy drops deep.

.. Praet would be the player to get ahead of the striker and he is very effective in doing so!!!

Nacho just can not lead the line and needs players around him. That situation perhaps was not an issue at Man.City where he had all the support a striker could hope for.

I can't see him staying here as he is so inconsistent and therefore unreliable. 

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Definitely think we will win this, Potter will set these up to have a go, we are significantly weakened so they will see it as an opportunity and attack, and they will leave space in behind for Vardy to exploit... Tavares may actually start in this one if Perez is not back. 

It feels like an age since I've watched as a ball has been pinged behind and watched Vardy pick it up, carry the ball and fire into the back of the net. That feeling long before the ball leaves his foot of knowing how it will end. Just a bit of that magic would be welcome. 

• Like 1

Albrighton and Castagne have linked quite well at times so I'd like to see that partnership back on the right. Then it leaves the question who plays on the left, Ricardo or Under. 

Under on the left might actually discourage him from cutting inside and attempting ridiculous shots. 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

One of the biggest problems along with all our  injuries  is they have had a full week off where as we played Wednesday so they will be full energy . 

They're shot to bits mentally though, although that can at some point turn if they get a seige mentality. That last game vs West Brom was an absolute disgrace and they should be liquidated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They're shot to bits mentally though, although that can at some point turn if they get a seige mentality. That last game vs West Brom was an absolute disgrace and they should be liquidated

Let’s just hope it’s not against us 

• Like 1

I understand people wanting to rest Vardy, but Iheanacho up front on his own, never really works. He becomes isolated and I think it will seriously take away our attacking threat. He plays much better alongside Vardy, who often creates the space for him to be at his best. 

We also don't know what is exactly up with Vardy, we are assuming it is tiredness/injury, but he could just be going through a dry spell, which he has done many times before. An underperforming Vardy+Iheanacho is still a better option than an Iheanacho as a no.9 IMO.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

No one will agree, but given our fatigue and injuries, I’d take a point in a heartbeat.

The games that will define our season are the two that follow: Sheff U and Man U. We have a week to prepare for both of those, and to ease some players back. Winning those two could mean a great season.

Its sheff u and then man c. With man c's current form, its unlikely we will take 3 points off them even though we did earlier in the season so realistically, we need to win our next 2 and not have to be reliant on beating man c

Shame that we don't have Perez available. Just one attacking midfielder is all I want right now.

I think this game is most suited to Under. if Under can't get game time against Brighton then he never will.

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi Tielemans 

Under Iheanacho Albrighton

Vardy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

It feels like an age since I've watched as a ball has been pinged behind and watched Vardy pick it up, carry the ball and fire into the back of the net. That feeling long before the ball leaves his foot of knowing how it will end. Just a bit of that magic would be welcome. 

...he can't do that at the moment...he has an injury and that opportunity came about and was unable to execute!!!