Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

Back to feeling excited about this. I think having Fofana starting and us playing a four rather then 3cbs really adds more to our attacking play. 

Come on boys. Slight bump on the road v Arsenal. First of two wins tomorrow to get us back on track. 

• Like 3

Bless the Sharky, he is a workhorse and doing his best on the left wing but still looks awkward time to time.

How about pulling him to the right combining him with the Ricardo and reversing actual left footed Under to the left wing,  combining with the Castagne?

I think those two smashing combination may end Vardy's epic goal draught!!! 

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not keen on the term must win.

But this feeling like a pivotal game in out season win and it give us momentum going in to the Sheffield U game which would probably see us win that too.

6 points would be massive, but 4 wouldn't be a disaster.

So what you're saying is it's a must win game then 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I think we'll surprise everyone on this forum and win 3-0

Amusing to imagine how long a game would have to be for this side to score three goals against anybody.

• Haha 1

Up early and buzzing for this one. 

I'd go with 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo   Fofana   Soyuncu   Castagne 

Wilf            Youri 

Under                           Albrighton      

Kelechi

Vardy

It won't happen but playing Amarty, Hamza etc we're instantly carrying them    

COYB - New lucky Vichai Shirt following Wednesday Nights draw already on               

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Up early and buzzing for this one. 

I'd go with 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo   Fofana   Soyuncu   Castagne 

Wilf            Youri 

Under                           Albrighton      

Kelechi

Vardy

It won't happen but playing Amarty, Hamza etc we're instantly carrying them    

COYB - New lucky Vichai Shirt following Wednesday Nights draw already on               

Unfortunately that side wreaks to much of common sense and positivity against a side 3 points above the relegation zone 😁. IF the above players are all fit enough to play, I can't see why you wouldn't. 

If there's any more 3 at the back, including our best midfielder, or 8 defensive minded players in an ultra cautious approach to such an opponent, then surely some questions need to be asked about such a negative approach. Personally I don't think Rodgers will employ such a cautious approach but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't tweaked it somehow to ensure the usual cautious first half. Then cue the miracle substitutions. Teams with top 4 ambitions should, with the players we have available to us, play with ambition against such opposition. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

So what you're saying is it's a must win game then 🤣🤣

Nope, important but not a must win.

4 points from the next two would be ok.

But a win take the pressure off a little, lose or draw and the pressure cranks up for the home game against Sheff U

Edited by coolhandfox

Just now, reynard said:

Will Fofana be fit enough to play the whole game? I suspect not.

I reckon he will start and do at least 60 mins and if we are up by a couple will get subbed off for Amartey or Evans whichever is fit and not starting already. Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if he played the full 90.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just as long as Amartey and Choudry aren’t starting, then pick any of the others in pretty much any attacking formation 

Personally I’d love to see us have a go at Brighton. They aren’t a good team 

Thing is though, all the stats point to the fact that they are actually quite a good team, they're just wasteful to the point of hilarity. 

I'm praying the ever obliging Leicester City don't turn up to tonight and Brighton don't cash in on all their expected goals.

This is a few games old now but gets the point across.

received_252281119726997.jpeg

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just as long as Amartey and Choudry aren’t starting, then pick any of the others in pretty much any attacking formation 

Personally I’d love to see us have a go at Brighton. They aren’t a good team 

They can play. Just as long as someone in our coaching staff lets them no which colour shirt to pass to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

If there happened to be a betting company called Unlucky , then Brighton would be their choice of team to sponsor .

In all my years of watching football I can't recall anything like what I've seen this season watching us play like Brazil up to the penalty area then turn into a pub team in front of goal .

Yes we've had some rotten luck but also been very poor at times , trying to be too clever , walking the ball into the net , when a simple thump on target would have done .

No Lamptey,  Webster , again is a big miss but Veltman has been a more than capable replacement for Lamptey and Burn once again will try and do his bit up and down the wing .

Taking the midweek results into account a point would be ok for us , not so much for Liecster I suppose .

1-1 would be my guess with Dunk a likely goalscorer as he is the only player we have left  that can score a penalty if required 

You are long overdue a win against us, that's my biggest worry.