Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

21 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Me all day today and tomorrow: 

I’m not watching this shit again I’m not wasting 90 minutes of my life just to lose against Brighton 

me at 7pm tomorrow:

ok maybe I’ll just check the lineup 

me at 8pm tomorrow on the Brighton match day thread: 

come on then boys easy win incoming should be a cracking game can’t wait to watch it

You forgot the get angry at TV, shouting at the players and ranting on FT match thread shortly after KO.

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-5072289

Brendan Rodgers avoided losing three games in a row for the first time in his Leicester City career with a 1-1 draw at Burnley, and he will hope his side goes one further on Saturday night with a win against Brighton.

City travel to the south coast for another away game against a bottom-half side, and it may be one they will feel they need to take three points from to keep some distance between them and the chasing pack in the battle for a top-four spot.

Ahead of the game, Rodgers will be talking about the injuries in his squad, and whether any players are closer to making a comeback, while he will also discuss the race for the Champions League.

Follow updates from the press conference below.

14:54JORDAN BLACKWELL
Choudhury?
“It’s just reinforcing use of possession. Hamza was unfortunate, but I will take responsibility because I ask them to play that way. He responded well, he didn’t shy away from the ball. Defensive midfield players have to have that ability to turn to get you playing forward, so it’s drills and working on technique and then taking that into games."

14:54JORDAN BLACKWELL
Galvanise squad?
“You’re always looking to galvanise your squad. Fortunately we have a tremendous spirit here. It’s always a difficult game against Burnley. We stood up to the task physically and mentally. It’s through the environment we create. The players work very hard. Whenever anyone talks about the injuries, we tend not to. The game might look slightly different because of the quality of players who are out, but we still want to win games.”

14:53JORDAN BLACKWELL
Fofana? Any others back?
“Wesley was excellent. We wanted to get him on to get half-hour in his legs and he got another hour in training this morning. There won’t be any others back.”

Same as last season's finish?
“No. It’s totally different. We’ve had much more to deal with in terms of our European games and the difficulties we’ve had around injuries. I’m very proud of the players. We have a real exciting end to the season. We have to deal with what comes our way and win the next game. We’re in a really good position and we have to reinforce that every time we play. Where you are, you deserve to finish in that position. We look to have a good attitude in our work.”

Brighton's last game?
“They know themselves they had chances to win the game, with the two penalties. Footballers nowadays, you have to get one with it. They have had a full week to prepare.”

Brighton?
“We know it’s a very difficult game. Their performance level is very good, I’ve been really impressed by Graham’s work and the game model he has tried to implement. They have nice confidence with the ball, they have good positioning and get good numbers going forward. They want to attack.”

14:52JORDAN BLACKWELL
Iheanacho?
“He is very important. The technique in that goal last night was outstanding. He works so hard and has scored very important goals for us, particularly of late.”

Picking up players?
“It’s a continuing conversation. Of our last six games, we’ve got 12 out of 18 points, that’s okay. We’ve lost one game which we weren’t at our level. The situation is unfortunate. We look to deal with that and put out a team that can get a result. We don’t dwell on the negativity of it. We can’t do anything more than what we’re doing at the moment. We’ll fight in every game.”

Players going away for internationals?
“We’re still awaiting more information on it. As we sit here today, we wouldn’t want any of our players to go to a red-list country that would mean they don’t play when they come back here."

Top four decided by fitness?
“Naturally, the squad with the deepest number of players and are injury free, that can be a huge advantage when there are so many games. But it’s not to say you can’t do it. 11 games is a lot of games to play and you can only focus on the next one. It’s not about being in the top four or top six now, it’s about where you are after the 38th game."

14:51JORDAN BLACKWELL
Creative selection?
"The game looks different. We’ve got a really good group of players with great spirit and we saw that at Burnley. It was going to be hard fought. We will look to take that into the Brighton."

14:51JORDAN BLACKWELL
Maddison?
"He’s still continuing with the medical team. With James, there’s no timeline, we’re just hoping that gradually he will feel better. He’s had the reassurance of a few scans. It’s just irritable. We’re hopeful over these next few weeks that will get better."

14:28JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers has arrived
Updates will start to come through in around 20 minutes.

14:19JORDAN BLACKWELL
Good afternoon!
Hello and thanks for joining us.

Brendan Rodgers is due to take his seat at around 2.30pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, enmac said:

Brighton have only scored 4 from set pieces. We have scored 2.

They're also vulnerable at set pieces. So are we. Hope we get lucky. 

Well, I think they're pretty safe on that front against us. Our set pieces are usually a disaster.

• Like 1

I hope we don’t go there and park the bus and go backs to the wall. But with the personnel available I really see no alternative. 

If we win it’ll be because we grind out a 1-0. Dig in, defend aggressively but nick one. Perhaps that’s the way we get into Europe again by the back door.

Feel more comfortable with fofana back, he really is brilliant... hopefully will help soyuncu get back in to some form too. We should have enough to win, but it is never that simple unfortunately, could do with Vardy having a good game as well. Everyone needs to step up because the last 3 games, we were dominated.

On 04/03/2021 at 10:51, escape2victory said:

Now isn’t the time for fancy Dan spice boys like Under or untested youth players like Tavares. Time to roll the sleeves up and grind out ugly shithouse wins.

Schmeichel 

Fofana    Soyuncu     Fuchs

Ricardo    Ndidi  Tielemans  Mendy  Castagne

Iheanacho     Vardy

have shithouse wins not been the tactic already for the last few weeks lol

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Feel more comfortable with fofana back, he really is brilliant... hopefully will help soyuncu get back in to some form too. We should have enough to win, but it is never that simple unfortunately, could do with Vardy having a good game as well. Everyone needs to step up because the last 3 games, we were dominated.

It is a boost. Means no more wasting Ndidi in defence, as well. Also, Hamza can be dropped. I hope to see a back 4, with Wilf in midfield.

I'm not sure what to expect from this game, with it being only 3 days since the last. The schedule eases up after this, though, which I think will help us no end. Too many players running on fumes at the mo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Me all day today and tomorrow: 

I’m not watching this shit again I’m not wasting 90 minutes of my life just to lose against Brighton 

me at 7pm tomorrow:

ok maybe I’ll just check the lineup 

me at 8pm tomorrow on the Brighton match day thread: 

come on then boys easy win incoming should be a cracking game can’t wait to watch it

You're lucky you don't have to explain your change of heart to a wife; or do you?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I hope we don’t go there and park the bus and go backs to the wall. But with the personnel available I really see no alternative. 

Brighton are usually more adventurous than Burnley so that might suit us.

#PositiveVibes 

50 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Safety first got us nothing against Prague and Burnley. Time for gung ho.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi Tielemans

Under Tavares Albrighton

Vardy

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’d personally go 

Schmeichel

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Tielemans Ndidi

Ricardo Iheanacho Albrighton

Vardy

Same here. I think that's the best team we've got currently.

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, VDC, Mendy, Hamza, Tavares, Leshabela, Under

• Like 2

Kasper 

Ricardo   Fofana Soyuncu  Castagne

Ndidi Tielmans 

Under            Tavares             Albrighton 

Nacho  

Vardy doesn't even make the bench for me give him a full week off hopefully be back to normal as he doesn't look right atm.