Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

id love to rest vardy but dont think its possible for now.

kasper

castagne fofana soyuncu thomas

ndidi tielemans

pereira     albrighton 

vardy iheanacho. 

we need to get back to basics and simplify a bit given that we are no where near full strength. feel this side could give us enough defensive and offensive versatility. felt like albrighton was decent yesterday, and that iheanacho, apart from kasper, was motm. Looked better with ndidi in midfield. need to use ricardo and castagnes wide play to our benefit. 

Edited by NasPb

19 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Kasper 

Ricardo       Cags.         Fofana.       Castagne

Ndidi.         Youri

Perez (if fit)              Kelch              Albrighton  

Vardy 

Definitely this!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Shame that we don't have Perez available. Just one attacking midfielder is all I want right now.

I think this game is most suited to Under. if Under can't get game time against Brighton then he never will.

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi Tielemans 

Under Iheanacho Albrighton

Vardy

Yep thats the team for me too.

24 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

One of the (many) great things about Vardy, especially thinking back on Puel's time, is that he just never seems to get visibly frustrated with his own teammates or how things are going in general.  Just gets on with it.  

I've never even thought of that before, but you're absolutely right. Unflappable.

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Its sheff u and then man c. With man c's current form, its unlikely we will take 3 points off them even though we did earlier in the season so realistically, we need to win our next 2 and not have to be reliant on beating man c

Er no, you’ve misunderstood me. Our next two fixtures are Sheff U & Man U in the FA Cup. Man C is of course the PL fixture after Sheff U.

For those of us that consider the FAC as important, I stand by saying the next two fixtures could be season-defining.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Er no, you’ve misunderstood me. Our next two fixtures are Sheff U & Man U in the FA Cup. Man C is of course the PL fixture after Sheff U.

For those of us that consider the FAC as important, I stand by saying the next two fixtures could be season-defining.

I believe we play Brighton next...

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Ah fair enough. Yes the fa cup would be nice but the league is the priority ⁰

10 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Ah fair enough. Yes the fa cup would be nice but the league is the priority ⁰

My point is that we no longer need to prioritise - it’s one game a week for the rest of the season, so we go full on in both competitions!

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

My point is that we no longer need to prioritise - it’s one game a week for the rest of the season, so we go full on in both competitions!

Yes that's true. Both would be great but I'd take 6 points from our next 2 games over beating Man U but both would be amazing. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Albrighton

Tielemans

Iheanacho

Under

Vardy

We need to go for it, gotta get back to winning ways for confidence or we face a drop not just out of Top 4 but out of a European place altogether.

An entirely logical and common sense team picked with all players confident in the positions their in and understanding of their role. Makes far more sense than the dogs dinner we saw against Burnley.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

An entirely logical and common sense team picked with all players confident in the positions their in and understanding of their role. Makes far more sense than the dogs dinner we saw against Burnley.

Fofana had only just come back from injury, Vardy seems a little out of sorts, and Under has shown little to warrant inclusion. Next.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

One of the (many) great things about Vardy, especially thinking back on Puel's time, is that he just never seems to get visibly frustrated with his own teammates or how things are going in general.  Just gets on with it.  

I have seen him kick the post a couple times in frustration, but yeah in the main I agree 90% of the time he keeps his emotions in check.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fofana had only just come back from injury, Vardy seems a little out of sorts, and Under has shown little to warrant inclusion. Next.

Obviously Fofana if deemed fit I agree (not sure about Evans situation, if not either then Armarty, a centre half, without wasting and sacrificing our best midfielder Ndidi).

Under has shown little because he's been played little. When he has it's been in front of an u23s debutant or a makeshift right back in Armarty. In front of a competent defender in Ricardo he might just stand a half decent chance.

Vardy I totally agree is out of sorts and has not been helped by his unnecessary inclusion at times after his operation. However, in the circumstances, he's the best we've got and if we could start strong for a change and attack instead of the now dull and entirely predictable 'don't lose at all cost ' approach in the first half, even against non scoring leaky relegation threatened teams, then, if we could muster a couple of goals, we could perhaps afford to rest a couple of players.

The team selection and formation against Burnley was diabolical and what ensued was entirely predictable. 

13 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I have seen him kick the post a couple times in frustration, but yeah in the main I agree 90% of the time he keeps his emotions in check.

Or maybe the odd Corner Flag. But yes he's disciplined considering the position he plays.